Hacking How do I firmware-hack my Xbox 360?

ahmed_ghoneim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I had a firmware-hacked Xbox 360, and I updated to dashboard 2.0.1346, which of course stopped all backups from running. I have no hacking tools and had already bought the xbox pre-hacked, and I don't quite understand the process. I have a Philipps & Lite-on DVD drive, model No. Dg-16D2S-09C. I'm willing to buy the needed equipment and I understand technical instructions well enough, but the thing is they use too many terms and mention too many hacks that I don't already know, I've read stuff such as PMT that I don't really get. Where can I find a detailed or a set of detailed tutorials that will help me accomplish that? The jungleflasher tutorial tells me that I need my original firmware before 2.0.1346.. I don't have that, so am I screwed? It also didn't mention how I'm going to connect the DVD drive, is it directly through SATA? or do I need to buy this VIA card thing? and what excactly is RAID? I'm sorry that I have too many questions, I just need someone to put me on the right track, thank you
smile.gif

ahmed_ghoneim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I already have that, but it says that I need a Dummy.bin / Original OFW from before I updated to dashboard 13146, and I don't have that! So what do I do?

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order to flash a phat lite-on drive you'll need a few things:
1. A way to power the drive
2. A way to extract the dvd key from the drive
3. A way to transfer data back and forth through a sata connection

1. You will need to buy a connectivity kit like the one here.
This takes power through a molex cable from your pc and is used to power the dvd drive when flashing.

I would suggest NOT buying one of these yet. Team Xecuter just announced this. Maximus is their competing company and they will release a product just like it here. Either of those may be able to power drives by using usb instead of through molex which would be way more convenient. There still hasn't been a full announcement yet.

2. You need a probe for the lite-on drive here.
This is the PMT method you were talking about. You can make a probe yourself if you know how to solder or you can just purchase one like the one I linked to.

3. You plug the dvd drive directly into your computer through a sata connection. You can use sata that is on your motherboard if it has it. You can buy a VIA6421 PCI card to install on your computer if you don't have a motherboard with sata connections. Or you can buy a VIA6421 card simply because it has the best compatibility with flashing drives. There is an example of one here. They usually run from $10-$15. One other option is to buy this. You plug the sata cable into that device and then plug the device into a usb port instead of worrying about sata compatibility. It is a luxury so I would only buy it if you have some money to spend.

To recap #3
Use one of the following
(In order from least to most expensive)
1. PC motherboard sata (assuming you already have one)
2. VIA6421 sata card
3. X360 USB PRO

After you have all of those you can follow the Jungleflasher tutorial.
I would shop around too to see if you can find the best price for all of those items I listed.

ahmed_ghoneim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I got it. Thank you so much for your reply
smile.gif

I just have two questions please, the first is that I read somewhere that I can power the DVD drive using the Xbox itself, by keeping it on and having the AV cables kept attached to it, so is that true?
Secondly, the jungleflasher tutorial says that I will need the OFW from BEFORE I updated the dashboard. I don't have that!! So what can I do??

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahmed_ghoneim said:
Okay I got it. Thank you so much for your reply
smile.gif

I just have two questions please, the first is that I read somewhere that I can power the DVD drive using the Xbox itself, by keeping it on and having the AV cables kept attached to it, so is that true?
Secondly, the jungleflasher tutorial says that I will need the OFW from BEFORE I updated the dashboard. I don't have that!! So what can I do??
That's right. You can use the 360 itself to power the drive while flashing. The only thing is that you need to use the probe with the connectivity kit in order to extract the dvd key. So you won't be able to power the drive like that until you've already gotten the ofw from the drive. So, if another custom drive fw comes out, you can just power the drive with the 360. Though, I found it much easier to power the drive using the connectivity kit than the 360. It might also be safer too because you never know if the 360 logs when it boots without a dvd drive detected.

You shouldn't need the old ofw from the drive. Only the new ofw is needed to spoof your key over to the latest LT firmware. LT+ v1.9 is modeled after the latest official fw so it makes sense to use a dump of the latest official fw to spoof the drive key.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: