Homebrew How do I download and install eshop games for the Wii U? (And other questions)

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've installed CBHC. Power off your Wii U, if it says after the Wii U screen a black screen where it says Autobooting, press HOME and select Boot Homebrew Launcher.
DO NOT DELETE OR REINSTALL THE GAME OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR SYSTEM.

joelcanciones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there a correct way to exit homebrew channel. When I put close software mu gamepad throws me a black screen and the battery light turns off. If I disconnect the console and turn it of again i can continue using my Wii U normaly, homebrew included. But is there a way to use homebreew without having to disconnect the wii U each time?

Ricolard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there !

I tried to find some help among you with an issue i've met with cbhc. It seems like i have pretty much the same issue than Joelcanciones about the game freezing...

CBHC WORKS !!! At least that's what i thought. Everytime i want the wiiu booted, its okay, when i tried to play cds games, no issue as expected. BUT I CANT PLAY DOWNLOADED GAMES ! I tried wiiu usb helper several times and when i install the game (with wup gx) and launch it for the 1st time, the wiiu makes the update then launch the game. THEN GENERAL FREEEEEEZZZZZZEEEE ^^!

I used to play my game on a usb key it worked fine, with a cfw. But when i tried it few days ago, it wasn't work so i updated to CBHC which seemed to be well installed...

What did i do wrong ? Does anybody have an idea ? Ask if you need any further information ! Thanks ahead for help !

Ricolard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Godreborn,

Mmmhh i dont think so, ive tried a downloaded demo game from eshop and it works actually by being installed on internal memory... i have just one question, but it could seem stupid to ask: do i HAVE TO install games on an external hard drive, or it still supposed to work on the intern memory of the wiiu ?

I really tried on my own to figure out what i did wrong, but i guess i will end to uninstall cbhc hoping it get the wiiu back to work...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game should work on either. iirc, tickets are stored on the slc, so they're not carried with the game. if a ticket is missing, the system will say that owner for the content has been deleted or something to that effect. games should appear regardless. game updates and games each have separate tickets as well. ...or are games not installing at all?

Ricolard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Godreborn,

Mmmhh i dont think so, ive tried a downloaded demo game from eshop and it works actually by being installed on internal memory... i have just one question, but it could seem stupid to ask: do i HAVE TO install games on an external hard drive, or it still supposed to work on the intern memory of the wiiu ?

I really tried on my own to figure out what i did wrong, but i guess i will end to uninstall cbhc hoping it get the wiiu back to work...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry for the misdoing ^^!

Both games and updates seem to be weel installed on the internal memory... As the demo game is and works from...

Ricolard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi! Thank you for your answer. It clarifies something that i was not sure to get. BUT my main issue is, with CBHC well installed, i cant play games installed with wup installer and downloaded through Wiiu usb helper.

The game is installing correctly, the console downloads the updates then launches the game which crash at the splash screen....

Does anybody has an idea about what ive done wrong ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1