Hacking how do I do the alt-dol method ??

Kaaji1359

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0M39A said:
MertenNor said:
jabmaster2 said:
don't need use wiiscubber like first poster said just use alt dol from disk and play. When u load the iso with alt dol from disk option on, it show u dols u can use with ourt having to scrub and put on sd. Just select right one and play

witch HBC app is this.. ?

And can some one upload the "R3ME01.dol" file fore every one that wants it.. ?
rolleyes.gif

Thanks

MertenNor

no, for a start its against the rules, and its copyrighted. you have been told many times you dont actually need the .dol file, as many usb loaders can load the .dol from the disk/iso. much easier that way, as opposed to manually extracting the .dol from the disk/iso with wiiscrubber, then copying to sd card.

Edit: Just realized how to do it on USB Loader GX. I was actually testing it using House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return. When I click on "Load from disc" I get two options: I can choose "Auto" and I can choose "Pick from List". Auto just loads HOTD2, whereas "Pick from List" just goes into a black screen error. I'm pretty sure I need to pick "Pick from List," but it's odd that it's not working... Know of a fix?

MertenNor

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Norway
Kaaji1359 said:
0M39A said:
MertenNor said:
jabmaster2 said:
don't need use wiiscubber like first poster said just use alt dol from disk and play. When u load the iso with alt dol from disk option on, it show u dols u can use with ourt having to scrub and put on sd. Just select right one and play

rolleyes.gif

Thanks

MertenNor

no, for a start its against the rules, and its copyrighted. you have been told many times you dont actually need the .dol file, as many usb loaders can load the .dol from the disk/iso. much easier that way, as opposed to manually extracting the .dol from the disk/iso with wiiscrubber, then copying to sd card.

Edit: Just realized how to do it on USB Loader GX. I was actually testing it using House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return. When I click on "Load from disc" I get two options: I can choose "Auto" and I can choose "Pick from List". Auto just loads HOTD2, whereas "Pick from List" just goes into a black screen error. I'm pretty sure I need to pick "Pick from List," but it's odd that it's not working... Know of a fix?

ah thats interesting.. hope someone has a fix for that..
biggrin.gif

MertenNor

pin

Trophies
XP
Country
hi,

I'm having trouble too - I followed the instructions for Neogamma and the game boots fine, but when it starts to load metroid prime it green screens.
I have also tried via USB loader, alt dol - load from disc - but it does not ive me the option the choose the dol. It launches then immediately give ab exception (isi) error message.

Any help would be appreciated - ta

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
0M39A said:
MertenNor said:
jabmaster2 said:

rolleyes.gif

Thanks

MertenNor

would you STFU about it being copywrited, everything about this forum is breaking every copyright, so give it a rest already, everyone who uses this section of the forum has broke copyright laws in one way or another including yourself so please STFU.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
If you don't know how to do that, then I'd suggest a complete softmod with ModMii. It will take awhile, but you'll get your hacks up to date, and you'll learn how to do everything.
I had wii years back and thank you for suggestion, but i would really like tutorial so i dont miss steps and as you say, to remember everything. By the way, My wii is softmodded and hardmoded, the guy i bought it from told me so and he told me that its some lame mod chip in wii, and i play backups from external HDD using Geco, usb loader, neogamma...but i usually use usb loader...

And one more question..if its already softmoded, can i mod it again if something is missing, is that OK to do?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
ModMii asks some questions, then generates a guide and downloads any files you need. It doesn't hurt to re-mod either. That's why I recommended it. It's very safe. I think I can safely say that at least 10,000 people have used it.

A clean softmod will make sure that everything is up to date, and give you some guided experience so you know how to do things on your own.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
oh i
ModMii asks some questions, then generates a guide and downloads any files you need. It doesn't hurt to re-mod either. That's why I recommended it. It's very safe. I think I can safely say that at least 10,000 people have used it.

A clean softmod will make sure that everything is up to date, and give you some guided experience so you know how to do things on your own.
forgot about that, right! thanks... So let me back to Metroid trilogy... i just need cIOS249[56] d2x v8 installed and when i start the game from HDD through USB loader, i click like i normally run other games from it and i create a profile in game and select Metroid prime 1, 2 or 3 and id will start? unlike now where it just restarts My wii after selecting what prime to play?

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
I suggest a complete resoftmod. cIOS249[56] d2x v8 will be among the cIOS's that you install.

Once it's done, you will be able to run MPT just like as if it was on a disc.
hu...just like that?! i remember always having trouble with that specific game. all others worked great here and there, but trilogy was pain in the a**.

im downloading files with mod mii. thanks.

By the way, i found this tutorial for people that dont want to do all the softmodding again.. is this ok? :)
http://gwht.wikidot.com/d2x

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
hu...just like that?! i remember always having trouble with that specific game. all others worked great here and there, but trilogy was pain in the a**.

im downloading files with mod mii. thanks.

By the way, i found this tutorial for people that dont want to do all the softmodding again.. is this ok? :)
http://gwht.wikidot.com/d2x
Yes, but there is a good chance that you have other things outdated, including your USB loader.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
There also exist a bad rip of Metroid Prime trilogy where MP3 wont load. But MP1 and MP2 should run fine. Never trust the Internet 100%

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
There also exist a bad rip of Metroid Prime trilogy where MP3 wont load. But MP1 and MP2 should run fine. Never trust the Internet 100%
well i downloaded it from Nicoblog, great site by the way. also i tried MP trilogy discs i burned ages ago on MY old wii it worked fine, but here no. anyway, tks for advice, your right about that...

Yes, but there is a good chance that you have other things outdated, including your USB loader.
Is most certanly is outdated, i believe so! ok i will do mod mii now, now im free :)
wish me luck!

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
I installed all of these

1. Your unique list of WADs to install are as follows:
    • IOS11v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP])
    • IOS20v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP])
    • IOS30v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP])
    • IOS40v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP])
    • IOS50v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP])
    • IOS52v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP])
    • IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP])
    • IOS70v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP])
    • IOS80v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP])
    • SystemMenu_4.1E_v450
    • cIOS202[60]-v5.1R
    • cIOS222[38]-v4
    • cIOS223[37-38]-v4
    • cIOS224[57]-v5.1R
    • cIOS249[56]-d2x-v8-final
    • cIOS250[57]-d2x-v8-final
    • Mii-Channel-NUS-v6
    • Photo-Channel-1.1-NUS-v3
    • RVL-mios-v10
    • IOS9-64-v1034
    • IOS12-64-v526
    • IOS13-64-v1032
    • IOS14-64-v1032
    • IOS15-64-v1032
    • IOS17-64-v1032
    • IOS21-64-v1039
    • IOS22-64-v1294
    • IOS28-64-v1807
    • IOS31-64-v3608
    • IOS33-64-v3608
    • IOS34-64-v3608
    • IOS35-64-v3608
    • IOS36-64-v3608
    • IOS37-64-v5663
    • IOS38-64-v4124
    • IOS41-64-v3607
    • IOS43-64-v3607
    • IOS45-64-v3607
    • IOS46-64-v3607
    • IOS48-64-v4124
    • IOS53-64-v5663
    • IOS55-64-v5663
    • IOS56-64-v5662
    • IOS57-64-v5919
    • IOS58-64-v6176
    • IOS61-64-v5662
    • IOS62-64-v6430
    • USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v11b-IDCL

And its still the same problem!
      I just dont get it...what should i do so i can play Trilogy???

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Update your USB loader. Download the latest version of your favorite app from ModMii. Configurable USB Loader is the most stable (in my experience), but also has fewer features. You might try out USB Loader GX first.
i tried cfg usb loader or how does it called...but ok, i will try usb loader gx now. So do i need to like..choose alt dol or just start the game normally and choose what metroid i want to play?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
i tried cfg usb loader or how does it called...but ok, i will try usb loader gx now. So do i need to like..choose alt dol or just start the game normally and choose what metroid i want to play?
It's also called "Cfg" for short.

Anyway, make sure that IOS Reload Blocked is enabled, then run it like normal.

Reactions: Metoroid0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: bored, guess i'll spread more democracy