Hardware How do I delete my user profile and private information from a 1TB Xbox One internal HDD using a PC?

DeadlyRevengexX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long story short, I spilled soda by mistake into my Xbox Ones fan while it was off. How? I placed my cup on the table wrong. Yes. I know.. :sad: After that it would just turn on and beep then turn of directly after...

So days later I opened it, to try and clean it/fix it, and I have concluded that it is unfixable at this point, BUT I had an idea.. I can sell it on eBay for parts. So I took the 1TB HD out of its enclosure, and using my external harddrive cables and power supply, I pluged it in to my Windows 10 PC. Now "why are you plugging it?.. just sell it.." you must be asking yourself. Well, when it died I was still signed into my xbox live account, and Youtube account, and my cloud storage was signed in aswell... so what I want to do is connect it to my computer and fully delete my account information so like that I can safely sell it.

(The HDD is called WD Blue 1.0TB WD10JPVX)

So I plugged it into my PC and It gave me 5 partitions Temp Content, User Content, User Support, System Update, System Update 2, and the entire thing as a whole is labelled ATA/ATAPI bridge. It says that when you go to eject usb.

System Update 2 is empty, the rest contain files of which I'm not quite sure whats left or right honestly, and I'm extremely tech savvy.. so if you guys could help, that would be great! I'm going to guess that my private information, xbox live account, cloud storage, and sign in information is in User Content?

When I open User Content, it shows a folder entitled PLS then another entitled SharedStorage and then under, it shows a TON of file pages that seem to have random letters and numbers on it. For ex: 627F6282-62827G728J-YWO087HSO Also for 2 of those in between those letters and numbers it says Netflix, and Zune video.. so I assume these are the Xbox One apps?

Remember I JUST want to delete my private information so I can sell it online for someone else to happily use on their Xbox One, so do not tell me to format it, because that would leave them without a dashboard, OS, or updates.. which would make it unusable.

Thanks in advance!! :yayone:

(PS I WOULD simply stick it into a friends Xbox One then delete my profile and info, but none of my friends have an Xbox One.)

DeadlyRevengexX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything in User content and User Support can pretty much go.

You could also download JRunner and "rehack" the harddrive if you do decide to format it.

Do I delete the folders, or just the files within the folders? Also, if I delete what you said, what would be the purpose of formating it after?

DeadlyRevengexX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just keep the drive and sell the system as "as is, no HDD".

Actually, fun fact.. weird fact.. an Xbox one with a 1TB HDD "as is" on eBay costs $90, but so does the 1TB drive alone... :blink: So I'm going to rea
Files within.

If it fucks up, you can rehack it.

Ah I see, well thanks! Rehack it as in get it 100% back to a working Xbox One internal HDD? Well hopefully I wont have to.. So that is ALL I have to delete correct? Nothing else in any other folder?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Files within.

If it fucks up, you can rehack it.

I basically want all traces of me gone, so no stranger can access anything of mine.

Everything in User content and User Support can pretty much go.

You could also download JRunner and "rehack" the harddrive if you do decide to format it.

You said User Support, but that doesn't exist, did you mean System Support? I already deleted the User Content files.

DeadlyRevengexX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything labeled System is important.

And yep, rehack as in a complete working Xbone hdd.

Ah Ok! So system stays, gotcha! So, User Content is gone, the only other thing left that doesnt say system is Temp Content. Do I leave temp content? or does that get deleted aswell?

DeadlyRevengexX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Temp content can be deleted.
It's temporary so the One deletes it on its own.

Done! I saw in Temp Content a file called AppUserProfile so that probably the second half of my profile or perhaps just a small piece. So, atleast it's gone! Every seems to have gone smoothly, and is now perfect for selling. ^_^ THANK YOU so much! You've been a great help! :bow:

just keep the drive and sell the system as "as is, no HDD".

Yes, but I just can't bring myself to sell something broken as an eBay seller.. Plus knowing some crazy people out there, they will still leave me a bad reviewing saying it doesnt turn on, even though I wrote it in the description! :wtf: haha I'd rather not risk my 5 star eBay reputation that I've maintained for years. :P

Last edited by DeadlyRevengexX,

DeadlyRevengexX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, if you got 100 posts, you'll get access to trading forums (selling/buying and trading).

Oh that's an odd easter egg of this site then... lol So when I reach that amount, and I go to forums here, I'll just automatically see a brand new section? lol That's so odd.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Long story short, I spilled soda by mistake into my Xbox Ones fan while it was off. How? I placed my cup on the table wrong. Yes. I know.. :sad: After that it would just turn on and beep then turn of directly after...

So days later I opened it, to try and clean it/fix it, and I have concluded that it is unfixable at this point, BUT I had an idea.. I can sell it on eBay for parts. So I took the 1TB HD out of its enclosure, and using my external harddrive cables and power supply, I pluged it in to my Windows 10 PC. Now "why are you plugging it?.. just sell it.." you must be asking yourself. Well, when it died I was still signed into my xbox live account, and Youtube account, and my cloud storage was signed in aswell... so what I want to do is connect it to my computer and fully delete my account information so like that I can safely sell it.

So I plugged it into my PC and It gave me 5 partitions Temp Content, User Content, User Support, System Update, System Update 2, and the entire thing as a whole is labelled ATA/ATAPI bridge. It says that when you go to eject usb.

System Update 2 is empty, the rest contain files of which I'm not quite sure whats left or right honestly, and I'm extremely tech savvy.. so if you guys could help, that would be great! I'm going to guess that my private information, xbox live account, cloud storage, and sign in information is in User Content?

When I open User Content, it shows a folder entitled PLS then another entitled SharedStorage and then under, it shows a TON of file pages that seem to have random letters and numbers on it. For ex: 627F6282-62827G728J-YWO087HSO Also for 2 of those in between those letters and numbers it says Netflix, and Zune video.. so I assume these are the Xbox One apps?

Remember I JUST want to delete my private information so I can sell it online for someone else to happily use on their Xbox One, so do not tell me to format it, because that would leave them without a dashboard, OS, or updates.. which would make it unusable.

(PS I WOULD simply stick it into a friends Xbox One then delete my profile and info, but none of my friends have an Xbox One.)
Plug it in go to disk part select the disk the type clean it format the drive type in format fat 32 quick to format it

Then use this http://gbatemp.net/threads/xbox-one...ve-that-works-on-any-xbox-one-console.475089/

Or if you want I can do it

DeadlyRevengexX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plug it in go to disk part select the disk the type clean it format the drive type in format fat 32 quick to format it

No. If you do that you will lose system files, and it won't be usable on an Xbox One. It will make it into a generic external harddrive, and that wasn't my goal, but thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended