Hacking How do i bypass vita asking to update when launching any program ever.

Loffah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
As my long ass description says. It seems like i can't find any information about bypassing the ''update to last firmware to use this program''
I manually updated my vita to 2.60 as it was on 1.** and are now playing around with it to get the psp homebrew going. It is more work than expected considering that i have to download all these files and programs.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're using CMA on your computer, getting the OpenCMA patch for CMA should keep that from trying to update you. Otherwise whenever you connect to the internet on your Vita, it is going to prompt you to update. There's no way around it, really. And yeah, getting stuff working on the Vita like VHBL and TN-V is a lot of work. It is far more worth it just to pick up a PSP and update the Vita, imo.

Loffah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you're using CMA on your computer, getting the OpenCMA patch for CMA should keep that from trying to update you. Otherwise whenever you connect to the internet on your Vita, it is going to prompt you to update. There's no way around it, really. And yeah, getting stuff working on the Vita like VHBL and TN-V is a lot of work. It is far more worth it just to pick up a PSP and update the Vita, imo.

I'm not sure if we are misunderstanding each other but it's not like it is trying to auto update my vita. I have indeed installed CMA with the OpenCMA crack. But even the silliestthing as connecting my vita to CMA requires me to update my vita even when my wifi is off.
Sorry if you actually answered my question here. It's starting to get late.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if we are misunderstanding each other but it's not like it is trying to auto update my vita. I have indeed installed CMA with the OpenCMA crack. But even the silliestthing as connecting my vita to CMA requires me to update my vita even when my wifi is off.
Sorry if you actually answered my question here. It's starting to get late.
OpenCMA is supposed to prevent the update prompt when connecting your Vita to your PC via CMA provided I read the purpose of OpenCMA correctly. Maybe it just stops the Vita from updating via CMA. I'm not sure. I would suggest making sure the crack is properly applied, regardless. Other than that, like I said, if you connect to wifi, you'll probably be told there's an update and will be asked to do it. Of course, you never have to agree, but there's no way to disable the update prompt from appearing while using system functions.

You just have to disagree and not update every time. A little annoying, but once you get TN-V and such installed, it shouldn't be as much of a bother since the hard part of constant CMA copying and such will be done.

Loffah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
OpenCMA is supposed to prevent the update prompt when connecting your Vita to your PC via CMA provided I read the purpose of OpenCMA correctly. Maybe it just stops the Vita from updating via CMA. I'm not sure. I would suggest making sure the crack is properly applied, regardless. Other than that, like I said, if you connect to wifi, you'll probably be told there's an update and will be asked to do it. Of course, you never have to agree, but there's no way to disable the update prompt from appearing while using system functions.

You just have to disagree and not update every time. A little annoying, but once you get TN-V and such installed, it shouldn't be as much of a bother since the hard part of constant CMA copying and such will be done.

Ahh, okey. Then it's probably something wrong with my openCMA. I guess i will have to look into that then.

stewartie4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You are probably running a CMA version that's too high for your firmware so it complains that you need to update. Download the older version and try that with an older opencma patch

Loffah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You are probably running a CMA version that's too high for your firmware so it complains that you need to update. Download the older version and try that with an older opencma patch

Ty for the suggestion but i found the problem last night which were very silly. I just didn't know that i had to turn my internet connection off while working with opencma

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm