Homebrew How do I bypass the Metroid Samus Returns Required 11.4.0-35U Update?

Doofus_Lewpiss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there! So I'm a die hard Metroid Fan thirsty to play the new Samus Returns game, but the cartridge is requiring me to update my OLD 3DS system. It wants me to update to ver. 11.4.0-35U. I have at the moment Ver. 11.2.0-35U. Is there anyway for me to bypass this? I have Luma ver 8.1.1. Also I heard HANS might do the trick but I have the file in my 3DS folder but it's not showing up in my actual Homebrew menu. I'm also missing the Region Free app in the homebrew menu as well, which might also do the trick.

Thank you

~ A thirsty Metroid fan

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open system settings, go to other settings (bottom right button), then to the last page of that, and click update system. If you are afraid, backup nand with gm9 or something.

Reactions: Quantumcat

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Are there any hax payloads for O3DS on 11.4 and up yet? I think that may be what he's waiting on.
If you have cfw you don't need an exploit

Oh it won't affect it? I'm a noob at Homebrew stuff so I dunno what Luma EXACTLY does. I just didn't want to lose my Homebrew.
I'll update mine now and tell you

Reactions: Hanafuda

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh it won't affect it? I'm a noob at Homebrew stuff so I dunno what Luma EXACTLY does. I just didn't want to lose my Homebrew.
It's in the first page of 3ds.guide
Are there any hax payloads for O3DS on 11.4 and up yet? I think that may be what he's waiting on.
Rosalina (part of luma 8.0+) has essentially killed all reasons to rely on old homebrew payloads. And all hans features have been implemented in better ways since luma 7.x.

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have cfw you don't need an exploit
But does he not still need a payload to run the HBL if using the HBL cia? I recall several times that HBL had to wait even as a .cia for updated payloads on some system versions.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
But does he not still need a payload to run the HBL if using the HBL cia? I recall several times that HBL had to wait even as a .cia for updated payloads on some system versions.
I just updated. Works fine
20170926_133215.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I see what your saying. Smea said there wasn't a significant difference with this update and the old payloads would work.

Reactions: Hanafuda

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But does he not still need a payload to run the HBL if using the HBL cia?
If you were to actually use the HBL forwarder cia yes, but Rosalina recognizes its titleid (or any other title that you selected), prevents it from running, and injects its own 3dsx overlay

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you were to actually use the HBL forwarder cia yes, but Rosalina recognizes its titleid (or any other title that you selected), prevents it from running, and injects its own 3dsx overlay
Neat. Good to know. I haven't used any .3dsx since before Rosalina since all the HB I use is in .cia format and I'm not trying to hard to dodge a ban. All I'd miss is Pokemon and Smash

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong

does it mean whenever in rosalina a cia was run, it will not run but instead its 3dsx version will run ?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
does it mean whenever in rosalina a cia was run, it will not run but instead its 3dsx version will run ?
You open an app, open Rosalina and "set current title to hb. launcher" (if you don't do this step it will use hblauncher_loader if you have it), "save changes", then this app will be replaced by boot.3dsx the next time you use it

All there in the Luma 8 release notes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool