Hacking How do I bootstrap if I only have Mac available?

layzieyez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read of people performing the bootstrap using a regular DS lite or DS phat, but no specific instructions on how to perform that. I bought a couple iEdge cards for my wife's niece and nephew while we are 3,000 miles away from home (my Edge cards never failed me in my regular DS lites so that's why I went with that choice of flashcart). Anyhow, if someone can walk me through the process to do the bootstrap on a DS lite, I would be eternally thankful.

caster62003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never used the Edge/iEdge, but after a quick Google search, I found this which also lead me to this

It appears as though Edge has the files for Window, Mac and Linux at their Download site here

Hope this helps.

layzieyez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but I've already found those links doing my research within gbatemp, google and youtube and the Edge site. If you clicked on the Mac bootstrap link on the Edge site, you would have seen the indefinite "coming soon" instead of a download link for software like I did.

I specifically want to hear from someone who performed the bootstrap update via DS lite since I've heard a couple of members mention it in the various threads I read.

layzieyez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NVM, I visited some other relatives and they had a XP laptop so I ran bitonio6's embedded bootstrap exe and it worked like a charm.

Thank you very much to bitonio6 for saving me from the headache of finding the ROM (I don't like downloading random stuff to other people's computers).

Does the use of the DS lite pertain to the actual initial running of the bootstrapped IEDGE.DAT? I used my wife's DS to generate the BIN file afterward with only the flashing red LED as an indicator of the process completion.

Anyhow, the carts work and my wife's niece will now enjoy the benefits of playing all the same games on my daughter's Edge cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1