apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Hey all!

Self hosting on a 5.5 Working great!!!!

Some releases have an extra folder called update. The update folder contains a META and CODE folder.

There is already a meta and code folder in the game backup. Do you just replace the files in the backup with the one in the update or is there something special t do?

Thanks!!

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Ok Scratch that.... Every single game with a META folder does not work for me... Is there something special that needs to be done with games with META folders?

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You do not replace them, you just structure it like

Game name [TitleId]/meta/
Game name [TitleId]/code/
Game name [TitleId]/content/
Game name [TitleId]/updates/

Then inside the updates, you should have a version folder like:

Game name [TitleId]/meta/v16/

Inside that "v16" folder, you will contain more folders such as code, content, meta folders.

Then if you launch like Loadiine GX2 when you try to load a game, you will be able to select an update version from the menu, and it will load the files inside the update folder when you run the game.

Hope that makes sense!

What did you mean they don't work? Do they not show up? Do they crash when load? What part is not working?

Last edited by sTo0z,

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As a quick further note, I really do recommend using "JNUSTool", that way you can just get the latest updates for your backups on your own, and the file structure will already be good, just plop the update folder as indicated in my post above, it will even have the "vXX" folder made for you.

Good luck!

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Awesome thank you so much!!

The main reason for this question is the fact that I cannot get some games to launch under 5.5.0 Like star fox guard and mario party 10. Wondering if the issue is the updates.

Thanks again for the info!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...