Hardware How can I sell my 3DS with digital games on it but without this...

CanastaJones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

I'm looking to sell my 3DS soon and I was wondering if its possible to sell it with all the digital games it already has installed on it. However, I also want to delete my eShop account on that system and not have it tied to my Club Nintendo account.

But I'm afraid that if I delete my eShop account, the games will also be deleted or maybe I'll have to format the system in order to delete the account and that will have the same nasty results.

So does anyone with experience in the matter know what options I have to do what I'm looking for?

BTW, I don't have another 3DS nor do I plan on getting one soon. I originally bought the 3DS to play Resident Evil Revelations last year. But now that it came to consoles, I really have no need of it. I hope this doesn't sound like I'm dissin' the 3DS, I think its a great system. It's just that I was never a handheld gamer. I always played on consoles. But I'm a big Resident Evil fan. So I had no choice last year but to buy a 3DS to enjoy Revelations. But now, with the console ports, I don't need a handheld anymore.

Anyway, I wanted to explain that part because I think some may suggest that I copy whats on my old 3DS to a new one. I actually just want to delete my eShop accounts and keep the digital games on it- so that I can sell the 3DS at a decent price (than just without the games). I wanna know if that's possible.

And the reason why I want to hang on to my eshop account or Nintendo account, is because I may get a 3DS if a revision ever happens. I want to leave that door open.

Thank you.

CanastaJones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can unlink your account it doesnt delete anything.

Sorry to sound like what I am (a n00b), but do I unlink the account through the Club Nintendo page (the website)? Because I read online that I either had to format the 3DS or do it through the eShop.

Another question, what do I tell the buyer in case he/she wants to re-download the games in case they delete them and then want to get them back? Can they do that using their own accounts?

Man, I never got a hang of this crazy Nintendo account stuff, sorry.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1. if you unlink you CN account TROUGH THE eShop you won't lose your games
2. He or she can redownload the games at any time in the download list!

CanastaJones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to the eShop on the 3DS and then go to the settings and then got to club nintendo and click unlink

Oh, I see. That sounds like what I read online. This seems to confirm it, thanks.

1. if you unlink you CN account TROUGH THE eShop you won't lose your games
2. He or she can redownload the games at any time in the download list!

Cool. Then I guess that answers my questions.

Thanks a lot guys! I knew this forum wouldn't disappoint!

Reactions: Langin

CanastaJones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think you will be able to redownload them if you planned on getting another 3DS though.

I don't mind losing the games. I was going to sell my 3DS with the digital games anyway.

But I just wanted to unlink my accounts (eShop/Club Nintendo) that are now tied to the 3DS that I'm going to sell. I just didn't know what would happen if I actually did unlinked my accounts. I was afraid all the games would be erased or not be available to the buyer when he/she decides to use another account.

If I buy a 3DS again down the road (more likely if a revision happens), I want to link to that 3DS the Club Nintendo account that I have now. And not have to start over - I have lots of coins there. I guess they could expire, so I "bought" some games for this 3DS using some of the coins. Not have them go to waste. :P

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i dont think you can unlink a eShop account without losing the games, can you? i thought the games were linked to the eshop account.

better to just unlink the Club Nintendo, remove credit card info, and sell it.

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

I'm looking to sell my 3DS soon and I was wondering if its possible to sell it with all the digital games it already has installed on it. However, I also want to delete my eShop account on that system and not have it tied to my Club Nintendo account.

But I'm afraid that if I delete my eShop account, the games will also be deleted or maybe I'll have to format the system in order to delete the account and that will have the same nasty results.

So does anyone with experience in the matter know what options I have to do what I'm looking for?

BTW, I don't have another 3DS nor do I plan on getting one soon. I originally bought the 3DS to play Resident Evil Revelations last year. But now that it came to consoles, I really have no need of it. I hope this doesn't sound like I'm dissin' the 3DS, I think its a great system. It's just that I was never a handheld gamer. I always played on consoles. But I'm a big Resident Evil fan. So I had no choice last year but to buy a 3DS to enjoy Revelations. But now, with the console ports, I don't need a handheld anymore.

Anyway, I wanted to explain that part because I think some may suggest that I copy whats on my old 3DS to a new one. I actually just want to delete my eShop accounts and keep the digital games on it- so that I can sell the 3DS at a decent price (than just without the games). I wanna know if that's possible.

And the reason why I want to hang on to my eshop account or Nintendo account, is because I may get a 3DS if a revision ever happens. I want to leave that door open.

Thank you.

What price are you selling it at I might be intrested I'll except any reasonable price .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: sup