How can I play gamecube isos on wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by absolalone111, Jul 13, 2012.

Jul 13, 2012
    • Newcomer

absolalone111 Chiptune Extraordinaire

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    I have an iso of rayman hoodlum havoc on gamecube and I want to play it on my wii, I want to know the easiest way possible. I have installed some custom ios on my wii (I cant remeber which) The only reason I want to do this is because the disk is to scratched to play and I have been getting nostalgic about my childhhod games.

bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Devolution?

DJPlace If you Can't Beat Duck Tales on NES you are lame.

Message Count:
    United States
    can you wii play backups? like wii games for example. cause if it can you can use a program which will allow to play mutil game iso's (l left the wii screen a little bit ago...

chop New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Wow it makes me feel really old when someone talks about Gamecube as their childhood games, I remember having a Pong machine.

triassic911 Burst Mode

Message Count:
    United States
    What do you want to play it off of? DVD, USB, or SD card?

lovewiibrew Sifjar is a pirate

Message Count:
    United States
    Dios Mios.
    • Newcomer

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    USB, formating isnt a problem for me
    Dios mios required me to make the iso into ciso but the converter wouldnt work
    I use Neogamma for wii games but I have usb loader to
    • Banned

JohnnyBlaze1986 FUCK GBATEMP!

Message Count:
    United States
    Fuck all that shit. Just get a WODE Jukebox. One of the best purchases I ever made. You only have to open the Wii, attach a few ribbon cables, put it back together, and DONE! No softmodding needed! Only problem is playing games with streaming audio. You can still play them but no music(i.e. Super Monkey Ball). No messing up your MIOS(there is a LOT of problems with installing DIOS MIOS ESPECIALLY for novice users) or having to keep popping in discs because people are butt hurt about "piracy" when you own the damn thing to begin with and try to push your morals on other people who don't care(I'm not one of them). You also don't need to worry about messing up your system by installing IOS's in the wrong places(which is the leading cause of bricked Wii's). Trust me on this, ESPECIALLY if you have a sizable library like me.

Oh, BTW, don't get me STARTED on that Devolution crap. You have to have a softmodded Wii to begin with and then make a copy of the game, but you need a legitimate copy of it to play. If that's the case, I'll just play my actual disc!
    • Newcomer

Skraaj New Member

Message Count:
    Poland
    On softmoded Wii Dios Mios is great. You only need to instal one wad file and convert a proper game dump. It takes about 5-7 minutes and you're good to go. Apart from few games it works flawlessly with any GC game. You don't have to open your Wii and pay a lot of money for wode (which is now obsolete) just softmod and add one file after.

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Message Count:
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    You only need to insert your legit copy once. After that you can play all you want.
    1 people like this.
    • Newcomer

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    That would be very usefull, If the disk worked but I might use that for other games.
    I couldn't get the converter to work, I might have to try it again though
    • Newcomer

Skraaj New Member

Message Count:
    Poland
    Get DiscEx 0.8 from http://code.google.com/p/diosmios/downloads/list and use it with "discex.exe -a game_name.iso" it will allign a game to 32k cluster. If dump is fine the game WILL work. Random freezes mean bad dump and green/black screen upon loading means wrong video config (usually), I prefer CFG USB Loader MOD r36+, be sure to set it up for the DM(l) version you're using (1.5 for SD load and 2.0 for USB). Go http://gbatemp.net/topic/329342-dios-mios-lite/ here for more info and have fun.

smf New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    DIOS MIOS doesn't support ciso.

disceex takes your iso and copies it untouched into the correct place. This is for ISO mode.
    gcreex extracts the files from the iso, which supposedly allows the game to run faster but for me it caused them to run much slower. This is for FST mode.

You're better off leaving the iso's untouched. If the dump is good then it should already be aligned the way it needs to be.

tmv_josue New Member

Message Count:
    Mexico
    Actually, the -c option of Discex create a custom ISO (shrinked), although not called it ciso.
    • Banned

JohnnyBlaze1986 FUCK GBATEMP!

Message Count:
    United States
    That's what I meant about the drawbacks of the DIOS MIOS. Not everyone can get it to work even WHEN you follow the instructions to a T and you have to use tools and know command prompts to get a disc image to work with it. It's for a more advanced user. Even AS an advanced user, I could not get it to work either with backups OR my legit disc. I had to delete and reinstall my MIOS in order to get them to read my actual discs. This guy seemed like a novice user and the WODE is easy to use. Expensive, yes. But, all you have to do is drag and drop instead of softmodding and potentially screwing up your system(as evident by all of the black screen problems I've seen and heard about with DIOS MIOS). The ONLY reason it may seem even a SLIGHT bit outdated is that it doesn't play streaming audio, but I don't believe there is a chip that does.....

wiismodrome flubber

Message Count:
    Seychelles
    DIOS MIOS and Devolution both work, not 100% with every game, but they definitely work for most GC games. And Devolution supports audio streaming, something the Wode cannot do.

Edit: After experiencing a number of issues with Devolution's AP scheme, I think I will alter my previous statement. Devolution does work... sometimes... if you can get it to recognize your retail discs. It won't validate some discs, and if it does not validate, then there will be no playing that particular game. At this point, DIOS MIOS works much more reliably, in part because it does not add extra steps which might cause loading to fail.

Anon10W1z New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    That doesn't support burnt/scratched discs (well, if the first 8 bytes are scratched, so are your hopes of using Devo).

smf New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    I don't think thats true anymore. Only problem you might find is it's not compatible with all usb drives.

Fishaman P THAT Guy

Message Count:
    United States
    Just use DM. You can use Configurable USB Loader to then launch GC games alongside your Wii games.

Also, you only need to use command-line stuff if you wanna shrink the image to save space. Configurable USB Loader will rip a working dump right from within the loader.
    If you choose to shrink the dump, it's SUPER simple, too: discex.exe -c [game.iso]