Hacking How can I format a 8GB microSD card to FAT?

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have a Samsung 8GB class 10 microSD card and my computer refuses to format to FAT, it only formats it to FAT32, therefore the DSTT scrolls VERY SLOW when the card is formatted in FAT its very fast indeed.
Is there a way to format it to FAT?

098v

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FAT can only be supported up to 4GB microSD cards, but DSTT scrolling isn't that much of a bother you get used to it, trust me I too am running an 8GB FAT32 microSD card, there really isn't a difference other than the scrolling being like half a second slower than FAT, the games will run at the same speed as FAT so no need to worry about something as small as this.
Hope this helped
~098v ;)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's about time to upgrade from the DSTT to a more contemporary flashcart. FAT32 is pretty much the standard these days, even 4GB FAT16 SD cards are pretty odd to my taste as they require 64kb clusters to even achieve such capacity.

You might want to experiment with cluster size on your SD card - it may or may not improve the overall performance.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am gonna upgrade to a DSTWO, but for the time being I will stick for this one for this month.

FAT can only be supported up to 4GB microSD cards, but DSTT scrolling isn't that much of a bother you get used to it, trust me I too am running an 8GB FAT32 microSD card, there really isn't a difference other than the scrolling being like half a second slower than FAT, the games will run at the same speed as FAT so no need to worry about something as small as this.
Hope this helped
~098v ;)
But honestly, for games like Pokemon Black 2 the game get really slow when going from a city to another, and that shouldn't be normal on a class 10 microSD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back