Misc How can I flash/hack my DS Lite to support WPA connections?

Blazikun

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Let me get this clear

1)I'm not going to unsecure my wireless connection
2)I'm not changing to WEP encryption cos its sh*t
3)I need to know how to hack my r4ds/ds to support WPA2-PSK encrypted networks instead of only UNSECURED or WEP.
4) I'm not buying an adapter

I have a DS Lite with an R4 running Wood R4 RPG, but i can switch back to regular R4 Firmware.
I have a launchable YSMenu aswell

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
buy a DSI!

Then again that would not work either as the VAST MAJORITY of all DS games ... use WEP connectivity .. maby with the odd few of the latest/newest games may or may not support WPA ....anyhow basically no chance on the DS/DSlite it does not even support anything other than WEP as standard!

As for hacking the R4 or the DS/DSlite to use other than WEP good luck with that unless you work directly for nintendo and know the in's and out's of how they programmed it .... and even then IF the hardware supports it too again NOT A CHANCE!

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
There is no way that I know of, but you'd prolly have to hack the ds to support it, and then hack every individual rom (making a tool will be hard cuz not every game has things programmed in the same way) to make it work. And I don't think that'll ever happen.

Blazikun

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Demonbart said:
There is no way that I know of, but you'd prolly have to hack the ds to support it, and then hack every individual rom (making a tool will be hard cuz not every game has things programmed in the same way) to make it work. And I don't think that'll ever happen.
OK then do you know a game hackign thingy tool then

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
There is no current version of FlashMe that has WPA support added on.

The WPA patch that is linked to geekboy is a fake, a hoax and has been removed. This information comes from those on GBAdev, people who are actually into hacking. FlashMe only adds passme functions to the DS and/or removes the warning logo only.

@OP
You have 2 real choices:
A. Do what you don't want to do, change your router settings, then change them back when your done.
B. Get a DSi.

ShaDeFinale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll probably have to buy a 5$ old ass router in order to do this, if your current router has lan ports, but is probably the easiest way to do it.

1. Configure the old router to be able to connect to the DS
2. Configure your current router to be able to allow the old router a connection to the internet.
3. When you want to use your DS online, plug in your DS router and play, and when you are not using it unplug it.

That's what I do so I don't have to put up with that adapter crap and it's really easy these days to find an old router that you can use to connect your DS to.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my friend you dont need to unsecure yor network just make it more secure, i changed mine down to wep to be able to play online with my ds, but added mac filtering, that way i may not have the best security but nobody can screw and enter my connection without my say so, its the best way to do it and it stops people like myself using aircrack to grab your wep/wpa key anyways

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your best bet would be to get a cheap usb wifi dongle to set up an access point, setting it to the lowest power... still opens up your network (and requires a computer to be on) but at least minimizes the distance. Depending on how far your neighbors are, might not reach.

Otherwise, there is really no way to do it, practically speaking.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
damn too many chitter chatter, if you want a secured network, just enabled mac filtering on Wireless Network.. even the dumbest person who knows your WiFi password, they cant enter, cause they are not on whitelist that can connect to your router.

im running my AP with no password + MAC filtered network, they cant connect to my network, unless they hook up a wired connection on my router (which usually they cant do.)

and original DS and DSlite wont supprt any WPA encryption, why? hardware limitation, WPA uses a amount of resources to decrypt the data (which the DS really suck on horsepower) so No is No.

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dnniwa485 said:
damn too many chitter chatter, if you want a secured network, just enabled mac filtering on Wireless Network.. even the dumbest person who knows your WiFi password, they cant enter, cause they are not on whitelist that can connect to your router.

im running my AP with no password + MAC filtered network, they cant connect to my network, unless they hook up a wired connection on my router (which usually they cant do.)

and original DS and DSlite wont supprt any WPA encryption, why? hardware limitation, WPA uses a amount of resources to decrypt the data (which the DS really suck on horsepower) so No is No.

exactly what this person said!! definitely a hardware limitation, no hack/crack to enable wpa!

bug2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
For the record. It's pretty simple to spoof a mac address. So just by `listening` to the Wi-Fi packets, you can tell who is allowed to connect the network.

Then again, it's not like you have someone going on-line with the DS 24/7, right?

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

mrpinkeye

Trophies
XP
Country
old thread i know but im having this problem playing a ds rom with my 3ds xl. my router is set to WPA. id change my router (and every device in the house!) to WEP but i dont understand it. what is the passphrase it asks for? when i enter one it generates 4 keys that are all long random codes. key 1 worked as the password to get my laptop online but i dont want to have to enter that long random mess on every device! how do i create a smaller "regular" password type WEP key?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You need a slot two to flash a ds... you need to hack the ds firmware and ALL the games you are playing.
You don't need a slot-2 card to flash a DS.I should know, I just flashed my new DS Lite with Flashme yesterday using my R4i Gold.

As for the topic on hand, you can't make a DS Lite work with WPA, Even with a DSi you need a flashcard that can access DSi-Mode, which only one could, but I don't think it works anymore.

Reactions: Langin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.