Hacking (Hopefully) Official PSP Request Your Translation Topic

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What I can do to help:
I would love to translate this game. I've done a lot of freelance game translation and currently work as an in-house translator/editor for a game localization company full-time, but would love to work on my own projects for games I really love too (and that will never get localized). Unfortunately, I don't know a thing about programming, coding, messing with ROMs, and the like, so I really can't do a single thing unless I can find somebody with experience in the aforementioned tasks who'd want to help me on this project...

Well, well, this is some high quality request :P
It's usually the other way around, people who know coding for PSP but can't get actual translators and some even resort to Babelfish the whole thing :)
You should really open your own thread in this sub-forum and I'm very confident someone will chime in :)

That said, even though I can't help you much with PSP games, I really encourage you just to get familiar with the process.
Take apart any given Nintendo DS game (as a learning experience, since it has a file tree, a tool called Tinke that separates known file formats), for example Japanese versions of already localized Nintendo games.
The reason being Nintendo DS games (along with NES games) are generally (but there are nasty exceptions) the easier to modify.

Once you manage to hex-edit a text (with hex-editors), sometimes you'll even need to modify the font with a tile editor (like tile molester, and crystaltile2) and put "hello world" instead of the original dialogue, you're all set.
And hex editors can help you modify all sort of stuff, be it sound, music, lives, programming (not the ideal solution with a hex editor alone, though :P ), how the existing tiles are arranged to create level maps and title screens, etc.

This knowledge is then applicable to every game on every system that can be recompiled into a working build on hardware (read: every hacked system that can read modified ISOs/ROMs) - except the Atari 2600 maybe.

Read these guides here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-rom-hacking-documentation-project-new-2014-edition-out.73394/
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,18796.0.html

PSP is the same as DS editing, except:
* getting the ISO file from UMDs/PSN downloads: you can install a CFW and it will just appear on your computer, ready to be copied. Tutorials exist online.
* modifying graphics: tile molester, crystaltile2... maybe some compressed files, you can figure them out by reading the game's programming
* modifying text: hex editors (ideally with tbl support)
* rebuilding modified isos: Instead of Tinke (for DS), there's UMDGen - and alternatively UMD-Replace (check romhacking.net for these tools and more)

* text shows with wrong width/only accepts double-byte text/compressed graphics that can't be modified (and I bet this is the case with Summon Night 4)
- in short: you need to change the programming aka "assembly" (well, this stuff can only be done with emulated consoles generally): get someone experienced, or learn mips assembly - then get the debug build of the PPSSPP emulator and track down whatever changes and which you need to modify.

A programmer background (in C/C++/Python/Java/whatever) also helps, since you can code tiny tools to automate the above tasks if they are too tedious - for example, you can code a custom tool for a given game to make it spit out the text as nice clean txt files, and insert it back in the original file format (that's called coding a text dumping tool and a text insertion tool - other solutions for this task exist too :) )

It's not as hard as it may seem. You could even translate many games only knowing SOME of these aspects (often, the assembly won't be a requirement for simpler games, or games thought for a localization)

And i forgot something - the console-specific parts in romhacking are:
* Some tools made for widespread file formats on a given console (example: GIM/TIM for PS1/PSP, ARC for NGC, NTFR for DS,...)
* The emulators themselves
* The assembly language, which changes entirely with each console (it makes sense, after all) and needs to be learned again (mips for PSP/PS1/N64/Saturn (there are variations), ARM for GBA/DS/3DS, PowerPC for GC/Wii/WiiU, X80 for GB/GBC/VB, c6518 for NES/PCE/SNES, 68000 for Sega MD, ....)

Of course, you can even offer your translation skills without bothering with the rest if you find someone willing to do it.

GAME NAME: Starry☆Sky-in-Spring Portable
Why it has to be translated?
Well if you look at the series there are I think 8 Psp versions of this Starry sky series and It looks amazing.it isn't adult rated like a few other Visual novel psp games however it has a amazing storyline and it really would be great after it has been translated. So I ask any one who is up for taking the challenge of translating this game please please Do. Thank you.

What can I do to help?
I can't do much at all but I can possibly get help if you run into any troubles while translating this game. I am willing to proofread and help iut in anyway I can.

To Ghamni can you add it to the list know please?

Oh, that's much better looking already :)
Hopefully someone is interested by this - I'll add it to the list :)

Reactions: Hargrun

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
It's usually the other way around, people who know coding for PSP but can't get actual translators and some even resort to Babelfish the whole thing :)
You should really open your own thread in this sub-forum and I'm very confident someone will chime in :)

That said, even though I can't help you much with PSP games, I really encourage you just to get familiar with the process.
Take apart any given Nintendo DS game (as a learning experience, since it has a file tree, a tool called Tinke that separates known file formats), for example Japanese versions of already localized Nintendo games.
The reason being Nintendo DS games (along with NES games) are generally (but there are nasty exceptions) the easier to modify.

Once you manage to hex-edit a text (with hex-editors), sometimes you'll even need to modify the font with a tile editor (like tile molester, and crystaltile2) and put "hello world" instead of the original dialogue, you're all set.
And hex editors can help you modify all sort of stuff, be it sound, music, lives, programming (not the ideal solution with a hex editor alone, though :P ), how the existing tiles are arranged to create level maps and title screens, etc.

This knowledge is then applicable to every game on every system that can be recompiled into a working build on hardware (read: every hacked system that can read modified ISOs/ROMs) - except the Atari 2600 maybe.

Read these guides here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-rom-hacking-documentation-project-new-2014-edition-out.73394/
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,18796.0.html

PSP is the same as DS editing, except:
* getting the ISO file from UMDs/PSN downloads: you can install a CFW and it will just appear on your computer, ready to be copied. Tutorials exist online.
* modifying graphics: tile molester, crystaltile2... maybe some compressed files, you can figure them out by reading the game's programming
* modifying text: hex editors (ideally with tbl support)
* rebuilding modified isos: Instead of Tinke (for DS), there's UMDGen - and alternatively UMD-Replace (check romhacking.net for these tools and more)

* text shows with wrong width/only accepts double-byte text/compressed graphics that can't be modified (and I bet this is the case with Summon Night 4)
- in short: you need to change the programming aka "assembly" (well, this stuff can only be done with emulated consoles generally): get someone experienced, or learn mips assembly - then get the debug build of the PPSSPP emulator and track down whatever changes and which you need to modify.

A programmer background (in C/C++/Python/Java/whatever) also helps, since you can code tiny tools to automate the above tasks if they are too tedious - for example, you can code a custom tool for a given game to make it spit out the text as nice clean txt files, and insert it back in the original file format (that's called coding a text dumping tool and a text insertion tool - other solutions for this task exist too :) )

It's not as hard as it may seem. You could even translate many games only knowing SOME of these aspects (often, the assembly won't be a requirement for simpler games, or games thought for a localization)

And i forgot something - the console-specific parts in romhacking are:
* Some tools made for widespread file formats on a given console (example: GIM/TIM for PS1/PSP, ARC for NGC, NTFR for DS,...)
* The emulators themselves
* The assembly language, which changes entirely with each console (it makes sense, after all) and needs to be learned again (mips for PSP/PS1/N64/Saturn (there are variations), ARM for GBA/DS/3DS, PowerPC for GC/Wii/WiiU, X80 for GB/GBC/VB, c6518 for NES/PCE/SNES, 68000 for Sega MD, ....)

Of course, you can even offer your translation skills without bothering with the rest if you find someone willing to do it.

Oh, that's much better looking already :)
Hopefully someone is interested by this - I'll add it to the list :)

Thanks brother good day

D

Deleted User

Thanks for all the advice! I remember looking into all that kinda stuff when I first got a hankering to translate this last year, but it was all so much over my head that I gave up...

I wasn't sure if making a new forum post for something like that was kosher or not or if you were only supposed to post about projects that were already in progress and had members. Tbh, I only stumbled here looking for information about another PSP game and saw that Summon Night 4 was on your wishlist and that reminded me of how much I wanted to translate it, but I'm new to the board and stuff like this in general. Didn't wanna step on any possible toes.

I'll go ahead and make a post about it though...

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the advice! I remember looking into all that kinda stuff when I first got a hankering to translate this last year, but it was all so much over my head that I gave up...

I wasn't sure if making a new forum post for something like that was kosher or not or if you were only supposed to post about projects that were already in progress and had members. Tbh, I only stumbled here looking for information about another PSP game and saw that Summon Night 4 was on your wishlist and that reminded me of how much I wanted to translate it, but I'm new to the board and stuff like this in general. Didn't wanna step on any possible toes.

I'll go ahead and make a post about it though...

I'm sorry my reply sounded rushed, but I forgot to mention something about what I'd call the Summon Night curse.

Besides the two officially localized Swordcraft Story spin-offs out of three on GBA, plus an A-RPG one on DS.
Black Matrix was briefly considered for an English DreamCast localization before they realized it's heavily anti-organized religion. A Korean patch for the GBA game - followed by an English patch covering menus only for the same game and nothing else, ever.
Swordcraft Story 3 has already the whole script translated, but no one to actually do the required hacking part (and it's dangerously close to the GBA rom max size limit, much like Mother 3 - which doesn't help)
Crimson Nocturnal was translating the Summon Night X spin-off on DS but quit it after tremendous harassment from trolls causing them to drop the hobby altogether (didn't help they made lots of interviews). Someone else is doing it atm.

The only English-translated youtube let's play for Summon Night 4 PSP was cancelled as the youtuber lost his PC after uploading a single video.
The HG101 article about the series (much like the one for Far East of Eden btw) only bashes the series as unoriginal and chara-game licensed junk shovelware tier "Disgea clone booo"
So the English exposure to this series is minimal to negative - as far as non-Swordcraft Story/Twin Age entries are concerned.

Many people don't even know a main series of Summon Night games (from 1 to 5) exist, and more don't even know the DS and PSP got ports of existing games as well. Even less know about the many spin-off games.
It's not like there's much competition - Just go ahead :P And if someone else got the same idea as you, he'll probably chime in in your thread

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Did someone mention Summon Night?? :ph34r:

Game Name: Summon Night 4 (I know it's in the Wish List, but I thought I'd made an actual post for it)

What I can do to help:

I would love to translate this game. I've done a lot of freelance game translation and currently work as an in-house translator/editor for a game localization company full-time, but would love to work on my own projects for games I really love too (and that will never get localized). Unfortunately, I don't know a thing about programming, coding, messing with ROMs, and the like, so I really can't do a single thing unless I can find somebody with experience in the aforementioned tasks who'd want to help me on this project...

And I'd like to have your help as well! I love the summon night as well, and I wanted to play the main ones. I'm currently helping with the SCS:3 and we are at the hacking part, word limit is not really an issue as our hacker made it possible and is looking to implement a VWF (they are currently dissapeared, but you know the drill... or curse as GHANMI said lol)

Anyway, all that is left is someone who could hack into the iso to get the script, and then start translating it. I think the hardest part was to find someone interested in translating it, lol.

Well, the first and second games had a DS port, which is close, darthnemesis did some hacks all around, but I think they are not finished yet.

Reactions: Hargrun and GHANMI
D

Deleted User

I'm sorry my reply sounded rushed, but I forgot to mention something about what I'd call the Summon Night curse.

No, no, it's fine, ahaha. But wow, I didn't know about all this history with trying to get the games translated. D:

I've always just found it odd that U.S. localization companies would localize the spin-off games but not the main games themselves. Seems so weird. :\ Especially with the ports to handheld systems that would potentially make them sell better (if that was the reason why they originally only did the spin-offs to begin with). My only guess is that because they're so dialogue-heavy (almost like visual novels at times) and you don't do a whole lot of massive world-exploring like a lot of RPGs (you don't even have a world map sprite in SN4), they thought they wouldn't be that popular...

But whatever the case, they're depriving the rest of the world with some awesome games. :) It'd be nice to try and rectify at least a bit of that. Thanks for the encouragement!

And I'd like to have your help as well! I love the summon night as well, and I wanted to play the main ones. I'm currently helping with the SCS:3 and we are at the hacking part, word limit is not really an issue as our hacker made it possible and is looking to implement a VWF (they are currently dissapeared, but you know the drill... or curse as GHANMI said lol)

Thanks! I'm glad to see there's others who like this series as well. Hopefully this could potentially lead to something...
I answered your post in the other thread as well. ;)

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No, no, it's fine, ahaha. But wow, I didn't know about all this history with trying to get the games translated. D:

I've always just found it odd that U.S. localization companies would localize the spin-off games but not the main games themselves. Seems so weird. :\ Especially with the ports to handheld systems that would potentially make them sell better (if that was the reason why they originally only did the spin-offs to begin with). My only guess is that because they're so dialogue-heavy (almost like visual novels at times) and you don't do a whole lot of massive world-exploring like a lot of RPGs (you don't even have a world map sprite in SN4), they thought they wouldn't be that popular...

But whatever the case, they're depriving the rest of the world with some awesome games. :) It'd be nice to try and rectify at least a bit of that. Thanks for the encouragement!

Thanks! I'm glad to see there's others who like this series as well. Hopefully this could potentially lead to something...
I answered your post in the other thread as well. ;)

Same here :lol:, I'll keep an eye on that thread then!

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Game Name: Kurohyō 2: Ryū ga Gotoku Ashura hen (クロヒョウ2 龍が如く 阿修羅編 lit. "Black Panther: Like a Dragon Ashura Chapter")

Developer: SEGA/Syn Sophia
Release date: It was released in Japan on March 22, 2012.
Genre: Action-Adventure
Age rating: Rating CERO D (17yrs & Above)

Why it should be released?
This game is a game which I and many others have cried out for a English patch all over the WWW and its at number #1 for my Games to be translated wishlist. This game is very popular in Japan and it has 5 other games released on the Consoles.

What makes it unique?
This game is a PSP exclusive meaning there is no Ps3/Xbox 360 version. This game apparently is the ending of tatsuyas storyline.which many wish to see but sadly can't due to the JPN language.

What's the story?
Shortly after the death of tortilla Tatsuya, was soon found by a member of the Toda Group who offers him an ultimatum: Wins ten consecutive fights in the Dragon Heat, or face certain arrest at the face of the law enforcement. With limited options and an opportunity to sate his thirst for violence, Tatsuya gladly obliges.

Front cover!
VxRysfaaYr15zJhLpk0tpDyjJz9s6ii0xSugMX7J5r2wU1bidzAYNjP1zLvQi9YTgywdnK7yfd5Edg5BjuC5caIU6gs4q6AZbCWxwVgmP4Q7YFItW4oGoewGeB8kRQC_CWLnGoaPbg=w240-h416-nc

Picture of the Game in your memory card.
uqpdMWgAnyx7M43uA3HjGLvDxPscCG2wOq3uCA3d9EeS0tUDBRY0ITSZhfMnIlHYV7whR_CRSMH0q4MPsSeD

Video of the Game!
[/media]

What can I do to help?
Like I said before I can't do anything however I could provide you with help from friends and English oroofread it.i would be willing to help if you wanted to teach me basics.

Is it text heavy?
This I don't exactly know but I don't think it is that text heavy.i don't believe that the game is as "locked up as god eater 2" but it should be easy to get the script.

All in all this game is a good game which would make loads happy and plus it is an exclusive.

Side note ( to Ghanmi.you said above that we can try to post up a better post on the game . could you add it to the red ink list)
Thanks!

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
All in all this game is a good game which would make loads happy and plus it is an exclusive.

Side note ( to Ghanmi.you said above that we can try to post up a better post on the game . could you add it to the red ink list)
Thanks!

Added your two requests, but for the next requests, you could:
* try to make it better by adding three/four screenshots and working video links
* under "What makes it so unique", you should say something about the gameplay, this game does and no other games do it (or do it as good as in this game).
For example, you could describe what a Yakuza game does (you play as a thug like in GTA, you have lots of side missions, you can go to places such as a hostess club and an arcade etc"
* please don't write "it should be translated because there are lots of fans who want it translated so badly" - bacause a/it's not a valid reason b/it's wrong, since no such fans were dedicated enough to learn Japanese/romhacking and translate it so far
* please color the questions in red or make them bold or whatever might you wish. To make the request easier to read :)

If you want to add something to your requests, you can use the Edit button instead of making a new reply. Thank you, you too, for your requests :)

Reactions: Hargrun

Allplay

Trophies
XP
Country
Game Name: R-Type Tactics 2 Operation Bitter Chocolate
Developer/Publisher: IREM did both the developing and Publishing
Release: December 10th, 2009
Genre: Sci-Fi Turn-Based Strategy

Does it have lots of text?
The Captain's Logs in the game are what contains the most text, that and your assistant's lines in battle, the gameplay itself doesn't contain much text given that the interface is similar to the first game released outside Japan and anyone who played and understood the first's gameplay can easily understand the gameplay in this game, although there are some different missions that include special objectives that were not introduced in the first game
Why I don't think this will come out in the West?
Besides the fact that the PSP is mostly dead, IREM has died as well as a result of the tsunami in Japan in 2011, they are now developing Pachinkos and slot-machines, so this game coming out into the West is impossible
What is it about?
From the popular shmup series R-Type, this game is a hex-based turn strategy game that introduced what could be seen almost as a reboot into the series' story, the game is about the Bydo, a self-replicating Destructive organism that came to the 22nd century after being sent into a wormhole by the 26th century humans, they are designed as a weapon but with thoughts and basically sentient, after coming out of the wormhole in the 22nd century, they decided to get revenge on the ones that imprisioned them, the humans, after reaching our solar system, the humans of the 22nd century, completely outgunned by the Bydo's advanced alien weaponry from the future, decided to trust it all into their newest weapon, the R-Type Ships, and so the EAAF was born (Earth Allied Armed Forces) the first offensive against the Bydo went wrong after contact was lost with them in the Jupiter Sattelite Base and so a rookie armada (the player from the first game) is tasked with eliminating the Bydo, he manages to destroy the Ebon Eye (the core of the Bydo) but they are knocked back by the exploding Ebon Eye, landed into Bydo Mass and were assimilated, later you play as the former Human captain turned Bydo trying to return to Earth, they are unaware that they are Bydo themselves and are attacked by other Earth forces, they reach the Earth but their welcoming is not warm and the captain finally realizes what they are when they look at their reflections in the water, then they decide to leave the Earth and depart to outer space, Tactics 2 begins 9 years after the first game, the Space Corps (EAAF) have fought off the invasion of Bydo Empire and peace has reigned, after a while, some people started demanding that the EAAF destroyed their Force-based arsenal since the Bydo are no longer a threat, but they refuse to do it, those same people, that have grown in number and fed up by the EAAF's defiance, have set up their base in Mars, called themselves the Granzera Revolutionary Army and declared war on Earth and the EAAF and attracts many people to their cause, Tactics 2 takes place in this Civil War and develops into the return of the Bydo and of the player from the first game, also the introduction of a new threat, the SLL and the Unknown Civilization.
Popularity in Japan:
I couldn't find any reviews or scores from sites anywhere, not even on Famitsu (found a little page but no numbers relating to scores)
Screenshots:
r-type-command-2-operation-bitter-chocolate-20091007093713807_640w.jpg
r_type_tactics_ii__operation_bitter_chocolate_screen_6.jpg

r_type_tactics_ii__operation_bitter_chocolate_screen_15.jpg

Cover Shot
psp00143_1.jpg

Videos:

Why I think it needs to be translated?
Since I love the series and this game, I always wanted to fully understand the storyline of this game, there aren't many fans of the game (much less the series, since it's stagnant) and I really wished that this game was launched in the West (either UMD or Digital) and after IREM died, there were rumors that Atlus (that published the first game) had the rights to the series now and were going to bring it out of Japan, but nothing was forwarded in this sense, and so I believed that it wasn't coming out, so I turn to this community for help :)
What I can do to help:

I don't understand Japanese, neither can I hack ISO's or understand Hex-coding, but anything I can do to help, I will, I have completed this game and unlocked partially everything, if you need the save, I'll gladly give it, it's a small dream of mine to play this translated and to fully understand it, hope this reaches anyone here that is interested in helping me, Thanks a lot! :{D
sorry for the really long post BTW :)

Inv4l1d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Game Name: God Eater 2
Developer/Publisher: Dev: Shift Pub:Namco Bandai Games
Release: November 14, 2013
Genre: Action RPG.

Yes, it's a RPG, so is kinda obvious
'Cause the first one didn't sell too much...
What is it about?
Is about a post apocalyptic world where a mutant creatures called "aragami" are devouring the world and anything (and anybody), the God Eaters are the only ones who can defeat the Aragami, using a "God Arc" as weapon, which is created by Aragami core.
The Aragami core devours the body of a God Arc wielder, but it's stopped by "IDONTRENEMBERTHENAME" which is constantly injected into the body through God Arc.
three years after the events in the first game, a new threat has appeared, a new fatal pandemic called the Black Plague, caused by red rain, and only the specialized God Eaters "Blood" can resist it.
I don't know more about the plot of the second game, because i don't know japanese
Popularity in Japan:
Well... it has a lot of manga and a Anime series coming... So i guess is very popular
Screenshots:

5104f5TCNyL.jpg

51JGiXGgiaL.jpg
51gYpyiZ%2BLL.jpg

51IF8pZUxoL.jpg

Box Art:
91G3fsufdJL._SL1500_.jpg

Videos:

Trailers.

Gameplay
The game have a mode called "Character Episodes" i think that is like a Challenge mode, and if you don't know japanese you don't gonna have an idea of what you gotta do. Also, the relation between your character and NPC are determined with answers and actions...but i'm not sure of that (So there is LOTS of text)
What I can do to help?
I do not speak any Japanese, and i don't know anything about romhacking, but I can help translate some terms of the game,
basing on the terms in the previous game, more or less.

Last edited by Inv4l1d,

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Game Name: God Eater 2
Developer/Publisher: Dev: Shift Pub:Namco Bandai Games
Release: November 14, 2013
Genre: Action RPG.

Yes, it's a RPG, so is kinda obvious
'Cause the first one didn't sell too much...
What is it about?
Is about a post apocalyptic world where a mutant creatures called "aragami" are devouring the world and anything (and anybody), the God Eaters are the only ones who can defeat the Aragami, using a "God Arc" as weapon, which is created by Aragami core.
The Aragami core devours the body of a God Arc wielder, but it's stopped by "IDONTRENEMBERTHENAME" which is constantly injected into the body through God Arc.
three years after the events in the first game, a new threat has appeared, a new fatal pandemic called the Black Plague, caused by red rain, and only the specialized God Eaters "Blood" can resist it.
I don't know more about the plot of the second game, because i don't know japanese
Popularity in Japan:
Well... it has a lot of manga and a Anime series coming... So i guess is very popular
Screenshots:

5104f5TCNyL.jpg

51JGiXGgiaL.jpg
51gYpyiZ%2BLL.jpg

51IF8pZUxoL.jpg

Box Art:
91G3fsufdJL._SL1500_.jpg

Videos:

Trailers.

Gameplay
The game have a mode called "Character Episodes" i think that is like a Challenge mode, and if you don't know japanese you don't gonna have an idea of what you gotta do. Also, the relation between your character and NPC are determined with answers and actions...but i'm not sure of that (So there is LOTS of text)
What I can do to help?
I do not speak any Japanese, and i don't know anything about romhacking, but I can help translate some terms of the game, basing on the terms in the previous game, more or less.
This game is wanted by yet sadly stupid developers tightly sealed this game

Holyshield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Name: Photokano
Developer/Publisher: Dingo Inc/ Enterbrain
Release: Feb 2012
Genre: Dating Sim

It has 6 main girls with two routes 3 additional hidden girls, and its a dating sim, so yeah I think so!

I don't know that many Dating sims that are available to us here in the US.

What is it about?
You area second-year high school student who takes pictures of girls with his camera that he received from his dad. The game focuses on his romantic encounters with various girls at his school

Popularity in Japan:
It has its own Manga, Its own Anime and its been re-released in Japan only for the Vita.

Screenshots:

2132447022_full.jpg

2132447021_full.jpg

2473815-pk_98.jpg

Box Art
Photo_Kano_PSP_cover.jpg

Videos:

From the creators of The Amagami games, Its a great game with pure love story and its greatly entertaining. The Characters are believable and you feel for them. It has more than 500 mini events. The mechanics of the game are also clever, You talk to girls throught the school , picking topics that interest them, if you fill out their biorhythm meter you can take pictures of them. When your taking pictures of them, you can take sexy pics, Beautiful pics, or find hidden items all which help you unlock features for the game. You can unlock all types of outfits and characters so replayability is also high! You can also talk to them after school and go on dates, The ultimate goal being that one becomes your girl friend. There are many chances for taking pictures that move the story forward.

What I can do to help:
I have several save states
I can proof read English if necessary.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
PSP Game: Tomoyo After Its a Wonderful Life CS Edition JPN
Original Title: 智代アフター It’s a Wonderful Life CS Edition
Publisher: Prototype
Genre: Visual Novel
Release Date: 2009-03-19
Disc ID: ULJM-05411
Pictures/screen shots/Video gameplay:

Tomoyo_After_-_Its_a_Wonderful_Life_-_CS_Edition-Coverart-174x300.jpg

Tomoyo_After_-_Its_a_Wonderful_Life_-_CS_Edition-Screenshot-4.jpg

Tomoyo_After_-_Its_a_Wonderful_Life_-_CS_Edition-Screenshot-2.jpg

Tomoyo_After_-_Its_a_Wonderful_Life_-_CS_Edition-Screenshot-1.jpg

What is it? and why should it be translated?
This game is massively popular not only in Japan but also popular in western countries and all around the world because of its Anmie Clannad (which is made up of 2 seasons and 1 Movie)also clannad has a visual novel which is also on the psp but was never released or translated however some angel ported the games pc English version to the psp as a Eboot(how? I have no idea amazing!)anyways this game serves as a alternative ending story to clannad. so for big fans like myself we would be over the moon to see a patch created by some beautiful person! OR TEAM!XD

WAIT This contains hentai! This is a EROGE ADULT VN :o
Yes it's true its Pc original game had hentai but the ps2 version and the psp version where Stripped of the hentai scenes and so its not PORN!
It does have a few romantic kisses though but that's normal I guess....
Also here is a statement about the pso version
"
Two alternate versions of Tomoyo After were released without adult content, in order to broaden the game's availability and audience appeal. Tomoyo After ~It's a Wonderful Life~ CS Edition was released by Prototype for the PlayStation 2 in January 2007, and was re-released for PlayStation Portable in March 2009. To compensate for the omission of sex scenes and other adult content from the CS Edition, additional visuals and dialogue were created by its developers; due to this, the CS Edition is approximately half again as long as the original. In addition, FOMA released a 'clean' version playable on its branded mobile phones."
Source -http://clannad.wikia.com/wiki/Tomoyo_After_~It%27s_a_Wonderful_Life~
Why should it be translated
Well first of all this game does have a incomplete PC patch which was dropped because of the lack of translators however you could use that patch to start translating whatever that team started! Which would make your job easier.
Also I took a look at the iso using UNDGEN and I have to say that this game should not be that difficult to decompress or decrypt for rom hackers. (but to be safe check out your own Und versions of the game or PM me and ill tell you what files it has and I can send you my files of the game)
The main reason you should consider translating this is because its a great way to finish off your clannad adventure.Clannad is a popular Franchise and it's beautiful but the novels are said to go into more depth and detail,it would be a massive deal for fans who watched clannad and always wondered what would happen if Okazaki Dated Tomoyo not Nagissa.
Also because it's based on Tomoyo there is only one route to translate which should make it easier for translators.

Summary and more info as to why this should be trasnalated
The gameplay in Tomoyo After follows a branching plot line which offers pre-determined scenarios with courses of interaction, and focuses on the appeal of the title character Tomoyo. The game is a spin-off of Key's earlier all ages game Clannad, where Tomoyo is one of the game's heroines. Tomoyo After is an expansion of Tomoyo's story after the events of Clannad and is written by Jun Maeda and Leo Kashida. The art was done by Fumio, as opposed to Itaru Hinoue who had done the art in Clannad. The game ranked as the best-selling PC game sold in Japan for the time of its release, and charted in the national top 50 twice more afterwards. A manga adaptation illustrated by Yukiko Sumiyoshi, under the title Tomoyo After: Dear Shining Memories, was serialized in Fujimi Shobo's Dragon Age Pure in 2007. Unlike the game which is told from Tomoya's point of view, the manga is told from Tomoyo's perspective. A single tankōbon volume was released in Japan in December 2007.

Overall if i said "I would not be able to help at all in translating this game" I would be lying . in fact I'm willing to do the following:
Proof read English text im fluent in English.
I can also as I said send you my umd version files of the game.
I also have contact details for the people who released a incomplete/dropped patch of the game.so you could ask for permission if you want with borrowing they're already translated story text.

This game is great I must say I hope someone comes along and translates it,what makes it so unique is that its a rare game which many fans are unaware of its existence which is due to the language barrier however all fans should have a chance to play the game because it contains mixed elements of novel and game play which is great because the game play is like taking a break from the reading.

NightSlayer

Trophies
XP
Country
Game Name: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Developer/Publisher: Netchubiyori/ASCII Media Works
Release: February 14, 2013
Genre: Visual Novel

To be specific, yes.

Hypothetically theoretically, I have no idea. But, it is because I live in the Asian Continent.

What is it about?
The visual novel is an adaptation from the anime. So you play as the protagonist, Kanda Sorata. In my experience, the game follows an arc in the anime (Specifically, the Nyaboron arc). Anyway, the visual novel offers a different story, for it has two new characters which do not show up in the anime. In my opinion, it's somehow a continuation in a specific arc in the anime, namely the Nyaboron arc, which I insinuate once again. So straight to the point, you live the life of Kanda Sorata, a high schooler in Sui High, who lives in Sakura Dormitory (Sakurasou). There are much more people to meet, and the game has a colorful cast of people, which you'll probably like.

Popularity in Japan:
I think it's very popular among the Japanese. Also, based on my experience with the anime, many people who are not even Japanese like this anime. So it somehow makes the game indirectly popular in Japan and in other countries, since the anime and the game have a correlation.

Screenshots:
UdrXo.jpg

27-sakurasou-no-pet-na-kanojo-game-02.jpg

30-sakurasou-no-pet-na-kanojo-game-4.jpg

Box Art:
Sakura-Sou-no-Pet-na-Kanojo-NEET-PSP-JPN-250x429.jpg

Videos:
Somewhat a Trailer:

A Sample Gameplay:
(This gameplay is commentated by a Japanese guy)

Once again, based on my experience with the anime, many people have been attached to the anime. Even I am attached to the anime, which is why I wanted to play this game, in order for me to expand my experience with the anime. This may seem somehow selfish, but the truth is, many people feel the same feelings I have for this certain anime, specifically the people who have liked this anime. The point is, I think this game is an extension to the anime, which will make the fans of the anime happy, including me.

What I can do to help:
Unfortunately, I can't do anything. And to tell you the truth, I know nothing about hacking and modding a PSP. But if there is something I can do, anything at all, please let me know. And if I can do it, I'll gladly accept and do the certain task in order to attain assured completion.

randommixer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Name: Neon Genesis Evangelion: Girlfriend of Steel 2nd AKA. Iron Maiden 2nd
Developer/Publisher: Gainax Network Systems and Broccoli
Release: June 6th, 2009
Genre: Visual Novel & Dating Sim

As a visual novel, it will more than likely contain LOTS of text.

Evangelion is an extremely popular and successful franchise, no Evangelion game has ever been released in the West and the series has had 31 games of multiple genres released since 1996. While there is a demand for this and many other visual novel PSP games to be released in the West, there just isn’t enough of a profitable market here to localize the games.

What is it about?
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Iron Maiden 2nd game set in the alternate universe seen in episode 26 of the original Neon Genesis Evangelion series. The player controls Shinji Ikari, the hero of the original series, as he navigates his home, school, and social life in a now-peaceful "Tokyo-3".

Each character from the original Evangelion makes an appearance but some of their circumstances and personalities have radically changed. Misato Katsuragi is now a popular homeroom teacher, and Ritsuko Akagi is the school nurse (however, these two still have their posts at Nerv from the original storyline). Asuka Langley Soryu is Shinji's childhood friend and neighbor, Kaworu Nagisa is an enigmatic playboy type who has known Shinji for years, and Rei Ayanami is a hyperactive transfer student.

Although the game's name suggests it is a sequel to the previous Evangelion visual novel Girlfriend of Steel, the story is unrelated. While no plot-elements are connected, the gameplay is exactly the same.

Popularity in Japan:
The game sold 17,421 copies the week of its release and has been re-released on many platforms since the initial PlayStation 2 release in 2005.

Screenshots:

Shinseiki_Evangelion_Koutetsu_no_Girl_Friend_2nd_Portable-1.jpg

Shinseiki-Evangelion-Koutetsu-No-Girl-Friend-2nd-Portable-31.jpeg

Evangelion is a very special series to me and I know to many other fans. This game explores in detail something that the main series never would do; show these characters living optimistic slice-of-life live While this isn't the only Evangelion spin-off to take a lighter turn on the franchise, its one of the only that lets you experience it.

and...... if I can make a second request...

Game Name: Bakemonogatari Portable
Developer/Publisher: Bandai Namco Games
Release: August 23th, 2012
Genre: Adventure & Visual Novel

Lots. Part of its battle system is arguing with your opponents through dialogue and collecting “hit points”… plus it’s a Monogatari game, a series that’s built around talking.

Despite the studio SHAFTS anime adaptation of the light novel series continuing to do well, the series is very different in the way that it directed and presented that finding an audience for something like this is the West would be hard as the series might be for some an acquired taste. The anime series has only had limited edition DVD releases in the West and all of them are very costly so the possibility of a PSP game being released is very slim.

What is it about?
Bakemonogatari Portable follows closely the story of the original light novels. Koyomi Araragi, a normal boy who was dragged into the world of the supernatural after becoming a vampire, although the player may also play as other characters outside of the main story. During his journey to return to being a normal human (albeit retaining some of the traits of a vampire), he meets a cold and sharp-tongued girl named Hitagi Senjougahara, herself a victim of an oddity that rendered her weightless.

The game follows the story that the anime series adaptation has closely followed, although there are scenes that are added to the story in the game to expand on the original light novels' plot. This is divided into five major story arcs which are named after the character the story is focused on: Hitagi Crab, Mayoi Snail, Suruga Monkey, Nadeko Snake and Tsubasa Cat, in proper order.

During the progress of the main story mode, the player enters a "battle mode" which pits him against a character relevant to the story. The objective is to decrease the assigned hit points to that character to 0. However, unlike the traditional battle mechanics in most fantasy role-playing games, the means of doing so is through choosing a reply to that character's dialogue, which would affect both the character's response and hit points. Choosing carefully will allow the player to proceed to the next stage of the story.

Popularity in Japan:
During its first week of release, Bakemonogatari Portable sold 34,500 units, making it the second best-selling game overall and the highest-selling PSP game during that week.

Screenshots:

Bakemonogatari_Portable-4.jpg

Bakemonogatari%2BPortable01.png

Bakemonogatari_Portable-3.jpg

The Monogatari series is a very unique series and that does not exclude the game. The gameplay isn't something that you would see everyday and I think that it would be a fun experience for those that like the show, like it's characters and story, to play a game such as this.

Kirito221

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Name: Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment
Developer/Publisher: Bandai Namco Games
Release: March 14, 2013
Genre: Role-Playing Game

Yes. The Storyline is expansive.
It did, but not all of us can afford a Vita. I understand its a big request, but here's hoping :)
What is it about?

Infinity Moment starts at the point where Kirito and Heathcliff were fighting against each other to the death. The plot splits from the canon storyline at this point: as Heathcliff moved to finish off Kirito, a huge glitch virus in the SAO Server occurred and interrupted them, preventing Heathcliff from moving and allowing Kirito to defeat him. However, Kirito and his friends realized that the SAO server was still keeping them in the game for some reason, preventing them from logging out, and also realized that the real battle was on the 100th Floor of Aincrad. The glitch virus in the SAO server apparently wanted to take over the last 25 floors of Aincrad.
Everyone then decided to proceed to the 76th Floor. Many irregular phenomenons happened one after another, such as earthquakes, the corruption of all skills and items data, etc. They also found out that the Teleport Gate could not bring them down to Floor 75 or any other lower floors anymore.

Popularity in Japan:
The game sold 138,180 physical retail copies within the first week of release in Japan, topping the Japanese software sales charts for that week
Screenshots:
14685894202_d70d271a99_n.jpg

SOA_English-1.jpg

SOA_English-3.jpg

Videos:

I'm a HUGE fan of the anime, and I really wish to see what happens to the characters if Aincrad glitched out. I understand there is a PSVITA port, but I can't afford it :( I would play it on an emulator, but sadly none exist for the vita. Good News: its already partly translated, so maybe it wouldnt take too long to complete.
What I can do to help:
If SkyBladeCloud, or anyone that wants to, rather, agrees, maybe I could be his/her apprentice and learn the ways of psp translating, time-permitting. Also, I know the ENTIRE storyline of SAO, so if need be, I could help reference some of the main plot, if that help :P

BlackDog61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Game Name: Super Robot Wars A Portable
Developer/Publisher: Banpresto
Release: June 19, 2008
Genre: SRPG

Like all SRW games, it has a massive amount. One of the reasons that makes the series so awesome, is that the stories actually tend to be pretty good.

The series are a licensing hell, getting a game brought over to the west would just be too expensive and just not viable. Sadly, I don't see this changing any-time soon so the only way to play these games, is for people to learn Japanese (doesn't help the fact that it has all those difficult kanji).

What is it about?
Giant Robots!
Super Robots, Real Robots androids and just plain robots.
The game like most in the series, happens in a fictional universe that joins many Mecha Series: Gundam, Getter Robo, Mazinger, Nadesico, etc.... The player gets to choose one of two characters (one male, one female) and then pick their sexy ride, either one of the two Super Robots, or one of the two Real Robots.
During the course of the game, the player will have to make some choices, certain choices which will affect the course of the story. You will witness sadness, joy, romance, hate, and many other feelings.

Popularity in Japan:
It's a SRW, the games pretty much sell just by their name alone.

Screenshots:
gfs_99353_2_9.jpg

gfs_99353_2_8.jpg

gfs_99353_2_23.jpg

super_robot_taisen_a_portable_screen_10.jpg

Videos:
Official PV:

Gameplay:

Box Art:

qXKoHR7.png
tznoiBo.png

I'm a huge fan of mechas and SRW is without a doubt my favourite SPRG game series. Just like me, there are many western fans of mecha series who are just dying to play this game. Besides the main theme however (mechas), the game is a solid strategy rpg, comparable to series like Tactics Ogre and Final Fantasy Tactics (I'd actually rate SRW above them, but alas, I'm seriously biased). The game might be interesting for anime fans as well, I'd be lying if I didn't start watching one or two series simply because they appeared in the game and got my interest.

What I can do to help:
Sadly, I can't do much, I started learning Japanese a while back, but it's only basic stuff and I can't even read Kanji.
I could however, help with type-checking, play-testing the game for bugs and help out with the terminology (skills, characters, worlds, mechas, etc). I'd love to help out on other ends like hacking and translating, but I'm seriously lacking in those aspects.

This is currently happening: www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,19055.msg270339.html
Enjoy!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over