Misc Homepass - No longer getting streetpasses

3dsman911

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been getting streetpasses using "ATTWIFI" AND/OR "NZ@McD1" on SSID With MaCycle 1.40 and Virtualrouter App (started homepassing since Feb 2014). I'm using that with my laptop with a built in WiFi adapter and a NETGEAR09 WNDR3400v3 Router. Until I updated my 3ds system to 9.5.0-23, I am no longer getting anymore streetpasses although the Nintendo zone works. It's just not receiving data. DID this update broke my method of my setup of my homepass or do I need to try a different method. I really want to keep getting more streetpasses.

Help Please

Psionatix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using nzone.exe and it auto-encrypts its hotspot.

I'm not sure how nzone.exe works, but for a while now, HomePass has not worked with an encrypted hotspot / access point for the 3DS to connect to. Even if the Nintendo Zone is detected, streetpasses won't come through.

If you check out the nzone.exe main guide, it has various Updates with corresponding firmware versions of when it stopped working and they had to make changes.

Whether or not nzone.exe does auto-encrypt the hotspot, it must have something else in it's code to allow it to work the way it does.

Unfortunately for me, it causes my laptop to blue screen, it obviously doesn't like my Atheros wireless adapter, despite the fact that the old hostednetwork method and MacCycle used to work for me just fine.

Psionatix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the 3ds is just starting to get mad at you for cheating, which is only natural. Play fair!

Haha! I understand you're only kidding. But I'm genuinely curious, do you actually personally consider HomePass to be cheating?

I mean, for people who live in isolated areas, or for those who don't get out much, HomePass is amazing.

GammaGeorgeX

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Haha! I understand you're only kidding. But I'm genuinely curious, do you actually personally consider HomePass to be cheating?

I mean, for people who live in isolated areas, or for those who don't get out much, HomePass is amazing.
Yeah if I had the resources for homepass I would consider it cheating but that doesn't mean I wouldn't do it lol

Reactions: Psionatix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://youtu.be/e1G3aKJ3g18?feature=shared