Gaming Homebrew threw Gamecube exploits?

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PPC as the wii u was is a nightmare, ARM is more developer friendly i think.

What does being "developer friendly" have anything to do with hacking the console ? To run unsigned code you need to find an exploit first, which has nothing to do with it being developer friendly.

Last edited by Ra1d,

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
What does being "developer friendly" have anything to do with hacking the console ? To run unsigned code you need to find an exploit first, which has nothing to do with it being developer friendly.
I see but i guess finding exploits on a widespreaded system architecture is more easily. It's just maybe.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
It's far from obvious, you're delusional.
It WILL be hacked. No system is completely safe. The security is there, but for how long? "when" it'll be hacked is the right question. I don't doubt it will.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It WILL be hacked. No system is completely safe.

Say that to PS4 and XB1, am I saying that there is a flawless security that can't be hacked ? No, but a group of 2 people on the internet does not have the resources to make it happen.
The switch may be hacked, but it's far from obvious.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Say that to PS4 and XB1, am I saying that there is a flawless security that can't be hacked ? No, but a group of 2 people on the internet does not have the resources to make it happen.
It is obvious that it WILL happen. I'm certain both the PS4 and XB1 will eventually be hacked in a (relative) user-friendly way.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not confirmed, but they have been hinting at it heavily.
Or have they just been careful not to slam the door shut on the issue?
It is obvious that it WILL happen. I'm certain both the PS4 and XB1 will eventually be hacked in a (relative) user-friendly way.
The motivation and resources of others is always uncertain. Unless you plan on doing it yourself it is far from certain on any platform.

Reactions: Ra1d

OblivionReign

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Chances are no. As well i don't see why people would bother with that when everyone will be working on trying to achieve Switch level homebrew not ancient history homebrew.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Chances are no.
but it's running android!
8vx0na.gif

Reactions: Ra1d

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ps4 has been hacked to a degree (end-users can get Linux running, but older firmware only though). I don't know who's working on the xb1.

That being said, I agree. The chances that there's an exploit of some kind is high. But the chances of a qualified team or individual finding it, developing and putting together something that the end-user can use consistently, and releasing it, I wouldn't even venture to guess the likelihood of that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person