YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Updated, and excluded Rokku's post.

Rokku, you can just edit out your post. Posts on GBAtemp don't usually get deleted except if it's breaking rules.

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Updated, and excluded Rokku's post.

Rokku, you can just edit out your post. Posts on GBAtemp don't usually get deleted except if it's breaking rules.

Oh, I didn't know that.

Well I learned that I need to read the forum better, I was thinking this was a general thing and here I go voting on a flash cart I don't even have...

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
I'd like an improved C64 emulator (maybe based on VICE rather than Frodo) and maybe a version of r4cce so that any cheats that are generated can be added to the usrcheat.dat without having to use a PC.

+1 for the 2600 emulator.

Reactions: Margen67

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tysong just ported dingux to the ismartmm, an inferior cart.

we now know it's quite possible.

PLEASE, someone make a DSTWO port of Dingux! The original author or someone else!

It would literally fulfill most emulator requests in thread!

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
one more vote for a Dingux port.

Ismartmm...
dry.gif

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I updated the OP. I wonder if there's anyone here trying to fulfill these requests.
(BTW, @MZ EXE: I didn't know what PC-98 was, I almost listed it as TG16 until I googled it)

asiekierka

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The Yume Nikki port is impossible due to the fact the game is coded in RPG Maker 2003 which is closed-source IIRC.

Unless you mean a complete rewrite.
The same case is with the official DS browser rewrite - it just won't happen unless we port an entirely different browser.

Just wanted to point that out.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
personuser said:
tysong just ported dingux to the ismartmm, an inferior cart.

we now know it's quite possible.

PLEASE, someone make a DSTWO port of Dingux! The original author or someone else!

It would literally fulfill most emulator requests in thread!
Inferior cart but superior SDK. I have a feeling we may see the iSmartMM beating the SCDS2 to other ports soon.

It might not fulfil the emulator request because we don't know how fast the emulators will run.

PaullyG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I'd like to see a decent Atari 800 emulator on DSTWO, ported from Atari800.

I do realise there's PokeyDS, but it's unfortunately rather slow and the sound emulation is quite broken.

There's a Dingoo native version so that may be helpful to someone interested. More info and source here.

My reasoning for preferring this over other Atari options is that the games library is massive (Atari 8-bit Forever lists over 5000) including pretty decent versions of most of the classics, the graphics are significantly superior to the 2600 and it'll also run 5200 games.

I'd gladly be willing to pay bounty on this if others are interested, though I'm unclear on the rules regarding specific bounty requests.

In my opinion it would be far and away the best option for classic Atari gaming on the DS if it could be pulled off nicely.

*Edit*
At least from an emulation perspective I think porting Dingux would be a waste of time, granted we'd get a lot of emulators but the speed would likely suffer terribly.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am going to say something different. A better SDK. Yes all of these are pretty much possible, such as the dingux port, but the SDK is such shit that no one can/wants to do it.
I think we should start demanding a better SDK.
As well release the sources the EOS and NDSGBA so other people can work on them and improve them with the better SDK.
I know this really isn't a homebrew request, but it's very important for if people want to see these homebrews become possible.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
personuser said:
+1 to atari 2600, VirtualBoy and PCE/TG16.

BTW, how's the VB emu coding going, MFDC12 and/or Sop?
biggrin.gif

EDIT: seeing as Sop removed that post, I'm guessing he isn't coding it
tongue.gif

Aanyway, how goes it MFDC12? XD

RoboticBuddy said:
mad008 said:
I would like to see the following things on the DSTWO:

1 - PSX Playstation emulator
2 - Dingux
3 - Sega Megadrive emulator (whit full screen scale ability)
I dont think that a PSX emulator would be possible, even on the DSTWO. I think that the PSX has "3D" graphics, while the DSTWO does not support that

Correct me if I'm wrong...
unsure.gif

QUOTE(asiekierka @ Dec 30 2010, 09:58 AM)
@personuser: The Dingoo does not have 3D hardware either. The PS1 did not have 3D hardware either, in fact it only had a 2D framebuffer and a coprocessor which you could use for the more complex 3D calculations (light sources, etc).

EDIT: The N64, though, is a different thing.

EDIT2: The DSTwo is essentially a Dingoo-on-a-chip, the SDK even uses some of the Dingoo library files and the CPU speed is quite similar. And there's Linux on top of the emulator on Dingoo.

There already are fullspeed 3D PS1 games running on the Dingoo, but there are very few of these (Exhumed). The more demanding games run at 10FPS or so.
wut? I never posted anything about a VB emulator?

Also +1 Cave story port

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr