Homebrew [Homebrew Request] Insert Game Card to Extract/Import Save

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I want to sell some 3DS games, I would like to make backup saves of the games.

It would be cool for a hombrew where you could insert a game card to extract the save right away. After you insert the game, you could take it out and insert another game to extract the save.

There could even be an option to import the save.

Here is how it would work:

Menu Options:
  • Extract Save
  • Import Save

When option selected, you could insert the card to do as said.​

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
As I want to sell some 3DS games, I would like to make backup saves of the games.

It would be cool for a hombrew where you could insert a game card to extract the save right away. After you insert the game, you could take it out and insert another game to extract the save.

There could even be an option to import the save.

Here is how it would work:

Menu Options:
  • Extract Save
  • Import Save
When option selected, you could insert the card to do as said.​
JKSM does this already

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Why need to do this when you can just can backup each individual save with Luma, inserting a card and taking it out doesn't take much physical process. Although I see it could be ideal. You could always strip down JKSM to be minimalistic. It is open source after all, forking it is always an option.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol the original so named "Save Manager" for homebrew did exactly that and only had two options. 1. Export/ 2. Import. I don't see the necessity of having one that automatically exports a save upon cartridge input, not to mention if it ever hung or something you'd never be able to actually play the carts if another process is using the save.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Lol the original so named "Save Manager" for homebrew did exactly that and only had two options. 1. Export/ 2. Import. I don't see the necessity of having one that automatically exports a save upon cartridge input, not to mention if it ever hung or something you'd never be able to actually play the carts if another process is using the save.

Provided in the original HBL?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that one. (No, I didn't mean it did what the OP wanted, just that it's as bare bones as possible) And it works well on cartridges.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you can't just seamlessly open the homebrew to insert the game and extract/import saves.
Yes, you can. There is a HomeBrew.cia to load right from the HomeMenu. If you don't have A9LH you can load it with menuhacks (Yeah, it's back) to go straight to the save manager. You'd have to do the same thing if a program existed to run it. I doubt anyone has any interest in creating something that (could?) possibly detect a cartridge and dump the save automatically without selecting a program. You could always make a request and see if there is any interest among devs.

Besides, like the others said you can use other save managers. AFAIK, there is nothing that will do what you want. Either fork an open source manager or coldboot homebrew. That's really the fastest way to do it.

EDIT: Also you know you can take the cartridge out AFTER loading the sHomeBrew and dump them without closing the app to do more than one at a time.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4