Pasta Team Member
OP
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
Well I don't which makes me question what good is it for CN, is it just to exit homebrew?

It reboots the console... Just like Homebrew Launcher does when you press START. The main target of this app is .cia installation, because with Quick Reboot you can:
1) Quickly exit SSB or MH4 without having to reboot
2) Quickly reboot your 3DS
3) Quickly exit Emunand and go back to SySNAND

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It reboots the console... Just like Homebrew Launcher does when you press START. The main target of this app is .cia installation, because with Quick Reboot you can:
1) Quickly exit SSB or MH4 without having to reboot
2) Quickly reboot your 3DS
3) Quickly exit Emunand and go back to SySNAND
Holy shit, I've been using HBL for two months and never realized you can do that. I feel so stupid now. Lol. Thank you sir! :)

Reactions: AlbertoSONIC

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
OP
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
Afaik there's no way to turn off the 3DS if not using I2C, which means I have to run arm9 code to turn off 3ds. It can be done, but it would only work on a firmware / system version lower than 9.2...

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sorry, I must be stupid because I don't understand. Does SSB or MH4 require you to reboot before you can exit the game? I thought you just press Home and close the game like normal?

On O3DS those games reboot the console entirely if you simply close them through Home -> X, booting you out of emuNAND/CFW. For whatever reason (I never quite understood why this works, but it does), if you start some other application, such as this one, or the dummy rebooter I wrote a long time ago, the system will close it differently, keeping you in emuNAND/CFW.

On New 3DS this is irrelevant; exiting MH4 or SSB won't kick you out of emuNAND.

Last edited by daxtsu,
Reactions: Arithmatics

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
On O3DS those games reboot the console entirely if you simply close them through Home -> X, booting you out of emuNAND/CFW. For whatever reason (I never quite understood why this works, but it does), if you start some other application, such as this one, or the dummy rebooter I wrote a long time ago, the system will close it differently, keeping you in emuNAND/CFW.

On New 3DS this is irrelevant; exiting MH4 or SSB won't kick you out of emuNAND.

I see.. Maybe it reboots to purge RAM? I dunno. thanks for the answer.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, I know why the games reboot (the games ask for a special memory mode which grants them additional memory at the cost of having to reboot the console to resume normal operations), I meant I never found out why booting another application from the Home Menu without using Home -> X to close MH4/SSB (in other words, the menu would bring up a message box asking if you want to close MH4 to open whatever other program) doesn't kick you out of CFW/emuNAND.

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
OP
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry, I must be stupid because I don't understand. Does SSB or MH4 require you to reboot before you can exit the game? I thought you just press Home and close the game like normal?
If you Hold L while opening this homebrew, it just opens and closes, which is just what you need to exit ssmb without reboot ;)

mooglazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this. Makes it super easy to jump back and forth between HBL and emunand without hard power-downs.

ladygugu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What are the dependencies to build this?
I have properly set up my devkitARM. I can built the Homebrew Launcher from smea's source code.
libctru updated
portlibs installed
zlib installed
Getting this error
D:\Desktop\3DS_Quick_Reboot-master>make
main.c
arm-none-eabi-gcc -MMD -MP -MF /d/Desktop/3DS_Quick_Reboot-master/build/main.d -g -Wall -O2 -mword-relocations -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -march=armv6k -mtune=mpcore -mfloat-abi=hard -I/d/Desktop/3DS_Quick_Reboot-master/include -I/c/devkitPro/libctru/include -I/d/Desktop/3DS_Quick_Reboot-master/build -DARM11 -D_3DS -c /d/Desktop/3DS_Quick_Reboot-master/source/main.c -o main.o
d:/Desktop/3DS_Quick_Reboot-master/source/main.c: In function 'main':
d:/Desktop/3DS_Quick_Reboot-master/source/main.c:12:2: error: too many arguments to function 'hidInit'
hidInit(NULL);
^
In file included from c:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds.h:40:0,
from d:/Desktop/3DS_Quick_Reboot-master/source/main.c:1:
c:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds/services/hid.h:89:8: note: declared here
Result hidInit(void);
^
d:/Desktop/3DS_Quick_Reboot-master/source/main.c:30:4: error: too many arguments to function 'APT_HardwareResetAsync'
APT_HardwareResetAsync(NULL);
^
In file included from c:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds.h:31:0,
from d:/Desktop/3DS_Quick_Reboot-master/source/main.c:1:
c:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds/services/apt.h:186:8: note: declared here
Result APT_HardwareResetAsync(void);
^
make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But...