Hacking Homebrew pokebank with Ninjhax?

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokebank unsurprisingly sucks ass. One box at a time, only box one transferring, and a $5 subscription fee, and since I need to transfer Pokemon on a yearly basis it costs me $5 every time I want to use it. I want to transfer my Pokemon from X to Omega Ruby but I don't want to pay $5 to do it... would something like this work with the permissions ninjhax has?

Reactions: Margen67

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you trying to ask, if we can use pokebank or bypass the 5 dollar fee with ninjhax and use pokebank?
On the side note;Obvious question soon to be asked, "If this works with ninjhax, does that mean we have kernel access."

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you trying to ask, if we can use pokebank or bypass the 5 dollar fee with ninjhax and use pokebank?
On the side note;Obvious question soon to be asked, "If this works with ninjhax, does that mean we have kernel access."
I'm asking if a program that replaces pokebank entirely, storing Pokemon on an sd card and having options to easily transfer entire pc's at once between all ds/3ds (possibly gba/gbc/gb from emu saves o_o) games without any trouble would be possible with the permissions ninjhax has?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I'm asking if a program that replaces pokebank entirely, storing Pokemon on an sd card and having options to easily transfer entire pc's at once between all ds/3ds (possibly gba/gbc/gb from emu saves o_o) games without any trouble would be possible with the permissions ninjhax has?

if some one works out the save encryption.. we might get PokeGen3DS.. if some one is bothered

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt he would ask something like this if he knew how to do it himself.
Yeah, pretty much. My programming skills end at (mastering :P) BASIC, but if I manage to get a Hello world homebrew on my 3ds in C++ when my CN gets here this will be the first thing I work on. Nobody hold their breath, I'd hate to start a project that's more than I can handle only to stop someone that actually knows what they're doing from doing it themselves. If I do make any progress I'll post it on these forums.

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is more likely is that someone come out with a .3ds or .cia homebrew usable in cfw or gw that mimics the functions of savedatafiler along with some other functions to act like a homebrew bank.
Since ninjahax doesn't have kernel access, it won't be able to access save decryption and encryption functionality

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: wait...my gbatemp acc is almost 10 yrs old lmao