• Replies 1,173
  • Likes 98
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
The problem is that those functions are C++11 implementations. The devkitPro C++11 implementation is incomplete. No one is really updating it anymore. I had to modify GLM to use the C implemantion of these functions instead of the C++11 one.

I would suggest you to remove your own copy of GLM and use the one I included in the portlibs package. Just put the "portlibs" and "libogc" folder from the above link from @looseless into your devkitPro folder and it should be working. Of course you can also just do the same change yourself and use a newer version of GLM than I have included there (if there is a newer one, I didnt check but its still the version from november 2015 in there).

Weird - I have your portlibs package but there doesn't seem to be a copy of glm in there. Deleting my version also didn't work (glm/glm.hpp: No such file or directory). Have I downloaded the wrong files? The file I downloaded contained all the libraries I expected, but no GLM. I suppose I should just swap out the functions. Are the C ones similar?

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird - I have your portlibs package but there doesn't seem to be a copy of glm in there. Deleting my version also didn't work (glm/glm.hpp: No such file or directory). Have I downloaded the wrong files? The file I downloaded contained all the libraries I expected, but no GLM. I suppose I should just swap out the functions. Are the C ones similar?
Ah. @looseless linked you the old package without GLM. I had GLM for a while in the github under "libs" folder but I moved them to the portlibs.

Take the packages from here:
https://github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/releases/tag/v1.0

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm guessing this is a silly question: why might one want to run the HBL while already inside HBL?
On the first releases, HBL had bugs while returning to it from another homebrew. Sound glitches etc.
Reloading HBL manually from HBL fixed it. we asked ourselves if it would be best to hide it or leave it, and decided to leave it for the moment.
I guess sound glitches are fixed now, we can hide it.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah. @looseless linked you the old package without GLM. I had GLM for a while in the github under "libs" folder but I moved them to the portlibs.

Take the packages from here:
https://github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/releases/tag/v1.0
So is the glm you had in the libs folder of the source code for loadiine the same as the one in the portlibs you just posted? Because I was using the one you had in the loadiine source code and it seemed to be working so far. Easier to just ask than try to find every single difference in the files, if there even is one. Thanks.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is the glm you had in the libs folder of the source code for loadiine the same as the one in the portlibs you just posted? Because I was using the one you had in the loadiine source code and it seemed to be working so far. Easier to just ask than try to find every single difference in the files, if there even is one. Thanks.
Yep it is identical. I just moved it from the source code out to the portlibs as it is a portlib.

Reactions: brienj

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
@dimok is there a tool or decent way to manually modify a .elf to be compatible with HBL?
The problem is I don't know c, but PPC.
By observing an .elf for the HBL I have discovered that it has some values telling where the assembly code begins and what's the offset/filesize of the .elf starting at the executable area.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an nginx server with php-fpm running on a raspberry pi

Hi dimok, i've a little trouble with my raspberry pi 3 hosting hbl.

I've tried lighttpd/apache and currently nginx, but so far, always the same problem.

Using even a simple html as preselection, it freezes.

Example index.html:
Code:
<a href="loadiinegx2">Loadiine GX2</a> || <a href="hbl">Homebrew Launcher</a>

If i open directly the index file, it works everytime i try.

Example: http://raspberrypi/loadiinegx2

Any idea?

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dimok is there a tool or decent way to manually modify a .elf to be compatible with HBL?
The problem is I don't know c, but PPC.
By observing an .elf for the HBL I have discovered that it has some values telling where the assembly code begins and what's the offset/filesize of the .elf starting at the executable area.
I dont know of any such tool. It would be possible to make one of course. It would have to remove the browser exploit default procedure instructions such as the IM commands and the stack pointer replacement and then relocate the code from 0x1800000 to 0x800000. Then it would work as is. But I think its much more work than to just copy paste the code, change the entry point from "entry.c" in hello world example to the main start function of the app, remove code that changes stack pointer and does IM commands and re-compile everything.

Hi dimok, i've a little trouble with my raspberry pi 3 hosting hbl.

I've tried lighttpd/apache and currently nginx, but so far, always the same problem.

Using even a simple html as preselection, it freezes.

Example index.html:
Code:
<a href="loadiinegx2">Loadiine GX2</a> || <a href="hbl">Homebrew Launcher</a>

If i open directly the index file, it works everytime i try.

Example: http://raspberrypi/loadiinegx2

Any idea?
I am a bit confused on what is freezing, your WiiU or the raspberry pi? I use myself a raspberry pi 2 with an nginx and dont have any issues with it. (btw you should disable power saving on wlan as that might be one factor for this issue)

If you mean that running HBL or loadiine gx2 exploit is freezing than that is currently known to happen on firmware 5.4.0 and 5.5.x. It seems something about that libstagefright exploit is not liking the new gx2sploit code in there. It is very random though. The exact same code has no such issue on 5.3.2 though. I looking now and then into that one but since I dont have that firmware and cant test anything, the progress isnt going very fast forward.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a bit confused on what is freezing, your WiiU or the raspberry pi? I use myself a raspberry pi 2 with an nginx and dont have any issues with it. (btw you should disable power saving on wlan as that might be one factor for this issue)

If you mean that running HBL or loadiine gx2 exploit is freezing than that is currently known to happen on firmware 5.4.0 and 5.5.x. It seems something about that libstagefright exploit is not liking the new gx2sploit code in there. It is very random though. The exact same code has no such issue on 5.3.2 though. I looking now and then into that one but since I dont have that firmware and cant test anything, the progress isnt going very fast forward.

Yes, the Wii-U (5.3.2) tends to freeze on launching HBL or LoadiineGX2.

It works tough when i open the index.html from navigationbar,
but not when i load the url to it from a website beforehand.

I've disabled Wlan on my Pi3 and connect via Lan.

Hosting from PC and everything runs fine without problem,
so i thought maybe you could have an idea.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the Wii-U (5.3.2) tends to freeze on launching HBL or LoadiineGX2.

It works tough when i open the index.html from navigationbar,
but not when i load the url to it from a website beforehand.

I've disabled Wlan on my Pi3 and connect via Lan.

Hosting from PC and everything runs fine without problem,
so i thought maybe you could have an idea.
Hmm sounds odd. I didnt try doing a re-direction from an index.html. Always used payload532.html directly. I will try it next time i am firing up my WiiU and see if it works on my end. Though it doesn't look like you are doing anything different than I do on my raspberry pi.

Reactions: liomajor

Sno0t

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi @dimok ,
Do you may know why The payload freezes 9/10 on 5.5.1 EUR consoles?
Thought the exploit/löaunching process is pretty much stable now.
I don't start the illuminati kexploit beforehand, because I thought that this is not neccessary anymore .
(If I may quote from your github: '[...]one click link launch (no need to run the link twice or execute the exploit prior to launch)[...]')

Everything works perfectly fine If i go via loadiine.ovh, but I want to self hostz via my android phone.
Used kws (results in 'File could not be loaded')
Used Server for phph (results in freeze, sometimes on the video loading, sometimes even before that)

Is it possible that we ned a sleep prior to the mp4 launch?
Why is it working flawlessly with loadiine.ovh but not self hosted?

Thank you in advance for your answer.
And: Thank you for all your contributions to the scene. Its pretty much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Sno0t

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Sno0t

This might be the same problem i have with Raspberry PI 3, try to load everything with full url.

Example:

> http://<ip from device>/kernel-exploit
> http://<ip from device>/loadiine_gx2

Depending on your device and software, its works good or has freezes.

Palapa seems to have problems, but Wifi File Transfer and Tetherfy
works better loading everything as mp4 file.

pedrosa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
@NWPlayer123 Sorry to bother you but, is it possible to run SDCafiine or Cafiine from the HBL through an elf version instead? or it requires some special kernel mapping that is not compatible with HBL/Loadiine?

Thanks!

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
I wonder if it will be possible to add a custom background and a background music in the future

If you compile the program yourself, you can swap out data/sounds/bgMusic.ogg for whatever you'd like (in ogg format, of course). You could also swap out the font (data/fonts/font.ttf).
The background is significantly more complex, but it would be pretty easy to change out the colours and maybe some other stuff.

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you compile the program yourself, you can swap out data/sounds/bgMusic.ogg for whatever you'd like (in ogg format, of course). You could also swap out the font (data/fonts/font.ttf).
The background is significantly more complex, but it would be pretty easy to change out the colours and maybe some other stuff.
yes but it could be easier to directly add the background in the homebre launcher folder ^^
it's just a dream

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)