Homebrew Homebrew install

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a dsi with 1.4.5u installed, can i run homebrew through the sd card slot?
It depends on what you want.
An exploit is coming out to run DSi-mode stuff, which will in turn allow SRLoader to work, allowing DS games to run, but if you want to pirate DS games, you still need a DS flashcart for decent compatibility, as SRLoader has pretty crappy compatibility. I don't know the details of that exploit but as far as I know you'll need to downgrade it first, requiring another exploit.
And if you want emulators, the DSi isn't great for that.
The best flashcart for DS/DSi is still the DSTwo and it has a built in CPU to run SNES and GBA games, which in itself has far more processing power than the DSi.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: THYPLEX and Tarmfot

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have a strong computer (for emulation), I don't recommand buying a flashcart (NOT dstwo in particular, one of the most expensive flashcard).

nds-bootstrap is getting better and better, so you should wait.

Old-Skool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 2017 r4 gold pro, I use it for my 3dsXL (works perfectly) and also works on the dsI, I just wanted to see if I could install probably al9h with luma and also have homebrew installed

Just curious because my 3dsXL has it and the dsi has a sd slot as well

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 2017 r4 gold pro, I use it for my 3dsXL (works perfectly) and also works on the dsI, I just wanted to see if I could install probably al9h with luma and also have homebrew installed

Just curious because my 3dsXL has it and the dsi has a sd slot as well
In that case it should work. ( Is it this one? http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149 If not can you send a picture of the flashcard?)

Old-Skool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this one

Attachments

• 150014509533796940689.jpg
    150014509533796940689.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 120

THYPLEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It depends on what you want.
An exploit is coming out to run DSi-mode stuff, which will in turn allow SRLoader to work, allowing DS games to run, but if you want to pirate DS games, you still need a DS flashcart for decent compatibility, as SRLoader has pretty crappy compatibility. I don't know the details of that exploit but as far as I know you'll need to downgrade it first, requiring another exploit.
And if you want emulators, the DSi isn't great for that.
The best flashcart for DS/DSi is still the DSTwo and it has a built in CPU to run SNES and GBA games, which in itself has far more processing power than the DSi.
But unfortunately the emulation of both sistems is not so great , so i would not recommend them , but i would recommend the card anyway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: