Homebrew Homebrew Development

D

Deleted User

Which game have you tried? it only works with =< 256kb and no color games.
i just tried it again using the first mario world. it did not work either sadly :o bottom screen stays blue and top screen black.
tried it with
- zelda links awakening
- mario world
no success in running. Anyway I m just testing a bit with your code now. Maybe I should buy a Wifi SD Card soon too - its easier to send it trough wifi instead of ejecting and copying all the time ... at least until the emulators are more stable

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i just tried it again using the first mario world. it did not work either sadly :o bottom screen stays blue and top screen black.
tried it with
- zelda links awakening
- mario world
no success in running. Anyway I m just testing a bit with your code now. Maybe I should buy a Wifi SD Card soon too - its easier to send it trough wifi instead of ejecting and copying all the time ... at least until the emulators are more stable
do they make wifi MicroSD cards?.....you mean for .3ds homebrew right?

reshiram1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi all I have a question is could create a homebrew to run cheats for nintendo 3ds games? I hope you can help thank you all again in advance I hope your answer

seagal112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tried it with
- zelda links awakening
- mario world

mario is working ok :)

zelda will not work, I't works on heigboy port, but i've not done .3ds emu of it yet, only launcher.dat.

D

Deleted User

do they make wifi MicroSD cards?.....you mean for .3ds homebrew right?
There used to be 1 microsd card with wifi (SDW-823 - well ok it has no storage and it works different) its just damn difficult to find one to buy (not to mention it would not work with gateway anyway). But you are right :o i was in a hurry so i wasnt thinking clear enough. (I still prefer the SD (Launcher.dat) solution. The microsd switching is a pain...)

mario is working ok :)
zelda will not work, I't works on heigboy port, but i've not done .3ds emu of it yet, only launcher.dat.
Hm, thats strange. It does not work for me. Maybe my compiler setup is not working right. I had no problems so far with my own Launcher.dat projects, but i just cant make those .3ds files run on my 3ds/ elf files (of this emu) on the 3ds emulators ... I will go on trying - maybe i should compile it on another computer

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
There used to be 1 microsd card with wifi (SDW-823 - well ok it has no storage and it works different) its just damn difficult to find one to buy (not to mention it would not work with gateway anyway). But you are right :o i was in a hurry so i wasnt thinking clear enough. (I still prefer the SD (Launcher.dat) solution. The microsd switching is a pain...)

Hm, thats strange. It does not work for me. Maybe my compiler setup is not working right. I had no problems so far with my own Launcher.dat projects, but i just cant make those .3ds files run on my 3ds/ elf files (of this emu) on the 3ds emulators ... I will go on trying - maybe i should compile it on another computer
if the swapping out microSD's is that much of a issue maybe you could get something like this......i thinks its overkill though :rofl2:
http://babiwa.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=65

EDIT: actually here is a cheap one....should do the job
http://www.dx.com/p/sd-to-microsd-transflash-card-converter-module-27001

Reactions: Deleted User

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have gateway, but i'm working on way to disable the signature check to work on my homebrew, if it work, i will port my 3DNES :D

I've been looking into it, but haven't made much progress. I'm mostly used to working with the ps2/psp. most of the arm mnemonic looks like gibberish to me compared to mips.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
I've been looking into it, but haven't made much progress. I'm mostly used to working with the ps2/psp. most of the arm mnemonic looks like gibberish to me compared to mips.

I can reverse some part of the final payload(like the ARM code), but in the MIPS code, i can't continue because i don't have the syscall, i need find the emulator in payload to reverse the MIPS :]

KnightMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need an SDHC card to run Kane's dumper.

You should be getting some output on the screen, even if you have wrong type of SD card inserted. Can you run any other homebrew? Maybe you bricked your DS mode.
I've been able to run other homebrew. BUUUUT I think I figured out the problem. I'm on the 4.5-8 instead of 10, so that's probably why. I'll borrow a game soon to update it to that and then see how it goes.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I've been able to run other homebrew. BUUUUT I think I figured out the problem. I'm on the 4.5-8 instead of 10, so that's probably why. I'll borrow a game soon to update it to that and then see how it goes.
The last digit is the browser update version. It has nothing to do with homebrew.

You can't get that update from a game anyway.

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: st4rk

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, i'm working on my custom firmware(finally i have all payload of GW and the code).

My problem is because i'm very busy(two week busy to be exact), but i will try finish it :P, if it work, i will help with new homebrew(a new version of 3DNES ? :]).

Reactions: seagal112

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)