st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Though I don't have my 3ds with me right now, I wanted to join the fun. So I downloaded citra...

Citra%20%7C%20master-ee7cfc7_002.png

:') epic

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does anybody think they can give a tutorial on how to get a hello world running from scratch? I'm talking about getting from a helloworld.C to a launcher.dat. Any help will be appreciated.
sorry for late reply, maybe you are still interested.
I regrouped all the information from this thread explaining how to install dev environment and compile on a wiki.
I don't know if all is correct because I didn't test it yet as I miss time, I hope someone can test and report if anything is wrong so it can be fixed for use as reference to any new users wanting to build homebrew.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_Homebrew

KnightMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for late reply, maybe you are still interested.
I regrouped all the information from this thread explaining how to install dev environment and compile on a wiki.
I don't know if all is correct because I didn't test it yet as I miss time, I hope someone can test and report if anything is wrong so it can be fixed for use as reference to any new users wanting to build homebrew.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_Homebrew

It's fine for the late reply, thanks a bunch!

Drenn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ooh, nice work Drenn :)

GameYob should perform quite well on the 3DS, given the added power. I wonder how possible '3D' graphics are in the case of the GameBoys, though.

The gameboy color does have a few layers... low-priority sprites appear below most things, normal sprites are on top of the background, and the background can have high-priority tiles appearing above all sprites. So maybe I could do something with sprites. But I'm not sure if I could make high-priority background tiles "pop out", because there'd be nothing behind them... honestly doing anything like this would probably make most games look plain weird =P

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the interest of promoting homebrew development, I am releasing my ram dump tool. I hope that others will try to build off this tool and release the source just as I have.

https://bitbucket.org/palantine/3ds-ram-dumper

Thanks a ton.

Also a note for the non SDHC users go into the sdmmc. and comment out the 3 lines with if(!sdmmc_sdhc). Additionally you need an empty ram.bin on the sd card before running it.

Yoshimaster96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few questions regarding 3DS'S AES.

As for AES-128, according to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Encryption_Standard, there's an initial round, main rounds, and a final round. There are also 10 cycles. Is the initial round and/or final round part of this 10?

The AES also requires an expanded key, referenced here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rijndael_key_schedule is an operation in which you reference "the four-byte block before the new expanded key". What does this mean?

Does the 3DS use the normal AES, or a variation?

If it's a variation, could someone explain the variations?

Arisotura

rise of melonism
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
The 3DS uses regular AES.

The trick is that you don't directly give it a key to encrypt or decrypt the data. Instead, the AES hardware takes two keys from different sources (in the case of a NCCH, one key comes from the NCCH data and the other key is a shared secret). The two keys are mixed together in an unknown way. The resulting key is then used to encrypt or decrypt.

There is also no known way to get the final key out of the hardware. Without some hardware bug, trying to guess the final key would be equivalent to trying to crack AES without knowing the key.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was going to make a new thread but instead since this is the homebrew dev page and new threads for something minor are frowned upon.. i was wondering if theres any homebrew developement of any sega related consoles? such as gamegear/mastersystem and or sega genesis it would be cool to have some sonic on the go =P i already have my true wishes thanks to staplebutter with a snes on the go =p apart from a few games that need the sfx chip integration but alas some of my childhood favorites in my pocket most emulated almost perfectly without sound is awesome so can we get some sega love too =P??

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was going to make a new thread but instead since this is the homebrew dev page and new threads for something minor are frowned upon.. i was wondering if theres any homebrew developement of any sega related consoles? such as gamegear/mastersystem and or sega genesis it would be cool to have some sonic on the go =P i already have my true wishes thanks to staplebutter with a snes on the go =p apart from a few games that need the sfx chip integration but alas some of my childhood favorites in my pocket most emulated almost perfectly without sound is awesome so can we get some sega love too =P??

Last I heard you could repackage the gamegear VC with other games. But I think that's as close as we've got.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."