Homebrew Homebrew Channel

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, the various emulators for example (like SNES) are very nice to play with. And you can use it to turn your wii into a DVD-player. And lots more.

gosp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
here's the thing... why not? If it's not here now, it may be soon. It doesn't void your warranty, so you have nothing to lose and so much to gain.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm getting a Wii soon.
And it's going to be payed by my mom
tongue.gif

So I'm kinda afraid of bricking it, like, when there is a new update or something.
Is there any way of bricking it while installing/using the homebrew channel?

(I installed it on a Wii of a friend of mine, so I know how to do it. But since it's my mom's Wii too now, and not just mine, I'm just a little afraid of bricking it.)

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wabsta said:
I'm getting a Wii soon.
tongue.gif

So I'm kinda afraid of bricking it, like, when there is a new update or something.

(I installed it on a Wii of a friend of mine, so I know how to do it. But since it's my mom's Wii too now, and not just mine, I'm just a little afraid of bricking it.)

Don't unplug it while anything is installing, which none should take too long. I think one time I unplugged the Wii while it was updating because I didn't want to then, but the internet wasn't working I think so nothing happened. Watch out for bad wads though. That's it.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
wabsta said:
I'm getting a Wii soon.
tongue.gif

Installing the homebrew channel is a stable and safe process. Running normal homebrew is safe too, it just runs from SD-card and doesn't touch anything on the Wii itself. Should an application lock up, just turning the wii off and on again is the solution.
But there are application out there you have to be more careful with. Stuff like Starfall, wad installer, downgrader, regionchanger. Don't go messing around with those things unless you know what you're doing

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
before i got the the HB channel, i was scared of bricking it, but it doesnt, the closest thing to bricking is your wii freezing. All you have to remember is not to turn the wii off during updates. Even when it seems like it froze, because usually its just a big file part.

atomiccow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, the real only "dangerous" thing that you could do with HBC is installing a bad wad and banner bricking your Wii. You can easily prevent this if you just read about the wad you're installing and making sure that it won't cause a brick.

Oh, and I suppose the only other thing you have to worry about is a freak power-out during install.
(And by that I mean that you're pretty much 100% safe.)

eliter1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pimpmynintendo said:
Is it really worth it to put the Homebrew Channel on the Wii? Does the Wii really have any outstanding homebrew?

The most outstanding is the ability to play DVD's from your Wii and videos from your SD card. There are also lots of very good homebrew games and emulators

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Balrogs.Pain said:
via twlight hack
This hack only needs to be preformed once correct? Or does it need to be done each time you want to use the homebrew channel? I am assuming once.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
you only use the twilight hack once to install the homebrew channel. After that, you just launch the channel and use it to start homebrew

Banger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
you only use the twilight hack once to install the homebrew channel. After that, you just launch the channel and use it to start homebrew

Thats what I figured, thanks. So really I could just rent the game ti enable the homebrew channel correct? Or do you need the disk to update or something like that? And say if I have to send the system to Nintendo for repair, is it ok to leave it on?

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bangbanger said:
kedest said:

Thats what I figured, thanks. So really I could just rent the game ti enable the homebrew channel correct? Or do you need the disk to update or something like that? And say if I have to send the system to Nintendo for repair, is it ok to leave it on?

You only need to install it once. If you have to send it in for repair, just delete the homebrew channel. Search the forums & check out Wiibrew.org for pretty much everything and anything you need to know. It's a lot easier than it sounds, most people just don't like to read the directions first

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The homebrew channel can update itself via the network, so you don't need the twilight hack again. Or you can just use the channel to launch the installer file of the new version.

Banger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can I use a mini SD card with an adapter for it to work? I know the wii reads its. So I figure it should be ok but I figured id ask here first
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs