• Views 79,009
  • Replies 68

onad0301

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys....noobie here.....this happened to me too....quick question.... when u said you reinstalled hbc.....did you uninstall it first or just install over what you already had....

thanx onad

i upgraded to 4.1... my hbc is using ios36v12.22

tried Dop IOS and reinstall IOS36 with only the ES Identify, said it could not find it on sd card...but was there

shinguki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh man im glad i found this post it totally happened to me also. it was also the first time using a USB device witch was actually a micro SD reader.
i'll try reinstalling.

kauha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
hehe havent used that long time and updatet it and aah nice looking and then few games whas bugging me and so i i google little bit and installed cios3.4 and after that upsidedown. hav to remember how to install hbc B)

Lemmi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Same thing happened to me today! I was applying the simplistic hack found in this forum exactly as described in the guide. I ran into some problems during the Trucha Bug restore, when it finally worked (using the network as a source for the IOS36 I think) my HBC was upside down as well, it still is! Everything else works fine, and I don't really mind it though.

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
its twiizers playing with pirates using cioscrap and dip patched IOS'... and several unnecessary trucha patched IOS'

jholden3249

Trophies
Website
www.trackjack.weebly.com
XP
Country
United States
It's a real situation it just happened to me using the DOP IOS v8! I downloaded all recent IOSs that applied to my 4.1 version firmware and now my HBC is upside down! About to perform NAND backup to fix it. Funny how the DOP IOS v8 bricked my Wii half an hr ago when trying to DL IOS 60 (accidentally installed old version instead of new) and now it turned HBC upside down. Thing's more trouble than it's worth!

lukeusher123

Trophies
XP
Country
All you need to do to fix this is remove all hacked IOS's with UNCORP or otherwise, then, if you must still use backup loaders (although these can introduce many problems in the Wii firmware), use one that only uses Wanins CIOS installed via CIOS Installer, without hacking any of Nintendo's IOS's. This way you are also less likely to damage your Wii if anything goes wrong.

The Homebrew channel runs upside down when it is detected as running on a fakesigned IOS, TT don't support these as any edits to system IOS can introduce bugs.

Although DOP-IOS does not have anything to do with backups, it still installs fakesigned IOS versions, and as such, results in an upside down HBC.

yman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue ... no idea how I got it, but I got rid of it by installing the HBC with Hackmii/Bannerbomb again. I didn't uninstall HBC first, just installed it again. Everything's right side up again!

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i fixed mine via wiiscu and installing ios60 or 61... i forget, but yeah, worked fine
smile.gif

monovision

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yman said:
I had the same issue ... no idea how I got it, but I got rid of it by installing the HBC with Hackmii/Bannerbomb again. I didn't uninstall HBC first, just installed it again. Everything's right side up again!

Same here! Thanks.

Septum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This same thing happened to me while I tried to install the Trucha Bug Restorer thing. Not only did it not work but Now I have a flipped homebrew channel. How can I fix this and/or how can I run VC games from my sd card? Nothing is going right for me.

Fredi125

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all, I've got the exact same weird problem after installing custom ioses for the first time.
I'll be trying to reinstall HBC soon, hoping this will fix it... as it makes HBC a lot less user friendly hehe...

migo

Trophies
XP
Country
I've used Dop to install clean IOS36 and IOS61, uninstalled HBC, and, after running Bannerbomb, the HackMii app doesn't allow me to do anything because it says it can't find a non-patched IOS.

What can I do to reinstall HBC ?
frown.gif

Connie

Trophies
XP
Country
Stop panicking everyone!

Just for kicks (cos I was bored) I decided to run Dop-IOS MOD v9 and update every IOS I had to the latest that was downloadable. After running all and dropping back to the HB listing, it was all topsy-tervy
unsure.gif

Well, I ejected my SD, stuck it in mii PC and added the latest HackMii Installer v0.6 to the apps folder. Popped the ole SD card back in mii Wii, did a handstand (so I could C wot I was Cing), and re-ran HackMii to add the v1.0.6 Hombrew channel plus BootMii and DVDx.

I don't have to do handstands anymore and my Wii now has 4.2E menu system, I can shop online, play wit that shitty Mii stuff (how the hell do you make a sitting bull????), oh, an all that luvly Homebrew stuff runs jus fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?