Homebrew Channel Skin Requests

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by MarcusRaven, Oct 4, 2011.

Oct 4, 2011
  1. MassiveRican

Member MassiveRican GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante

Puerto Rico
    Happy belated birthday bud! Thanks for the new themes, the PWAA is one of my faves right now. I love that franchise of games, they need to bring Phoenix back man!! :angry:

2. MarcusRaven
    OP

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    Putting some finishing touches on a Minish Cap theme. Honestly not sure if I like this one yet or not. Rather impressed with some things I did to incorporate the Kinstones, but the buttons and such have been hard to figure out. We'll see soon. I'll test it this afternoon and take it from there.

MassiveRican likes this.
  3. NANASHI89

Member NANASHI89 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Shin Megami Tensei IV, plz!

MassiveRican likes this.
  4. NANASHI89

Member NANASHI89 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Shin Megami Tensei IV, plz!

EDIT: Sorry, didn't mean to double-post. Can anybody delete the excess? Thx!

5. MarcusRaven
    OP

United States
    Okay, so the Minish Cap theme is at a standstill. Just cannot make up my mind. On a plus note, I should have a Pikmin 3 theme coming either later this evening or tomorrow! Gotta take it home to test, as I'm at the office, but I think its one of my best themes yet! Uploaded a preview. ^_^
    HBCPikmin3.png
    BTW, if you haven't picked up Pikmin 3 yet, and you own a Wii U, you are missing out! The game is fantastic.

MassiveRican likes this.
  6. MassiveRican

Puerto Rico
    Ahhh, I'm stuck w/o Pikmin 3 don't remind me XD

I'll have to wait till the end of this month to pick it up, but it's definitely on the top list to purchase.

7. MarcusRaven
    OP

United States
    Pikmin 3 theme is released! I also did some cleanup in the first post for old info and revisions. Added the installation instructions to the top AND bottom since the list is rather substantial now. ^_^

MassiveRican likes this.
  8. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    very nice themes, didn't know you could skin homebrew channel :) going to try a few.

edit: what is up with the adware junk in the installer? i think i will pass :( unless anyone has the files without the exe installer.

9. MarcusRaven
    OP

United States

Where exactly did you see an exe installer? Nothing I have has that. They are all .rar files through FileTrip. Please be more detailed so I can see what you're talking about and hopefully remedy anything going on.

Edit: That exe installer is something FileTrip does now. Choose manual download to get just the file.

Edit2: Added some simple instructions to the first post to clear up some downloading confusion.

10. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom

thanks will choose the manual installer.

11. MassiveRican

Puerto Rico
    Great theme release with Pikmin3 great graphics and neat touches. BTW the MH3U Rathalos theme is probably my fave right now, I'm stuck on MH3U like there's no tomorrow I had no idea what I was in for with that game.

12. edwin4649

Newcomer edwin4649 Member

United States

Attached Files:

MassiveRican likes this.
  13. edwin4649

United States

Attached Files:

MassiveRican likes this.
  14. edwin4649

United States

Attached Files:

15. edwin4649

United States

Attached Files:

MassiveRican likes this.
  16. MarcusRaven
    OP

United States
    Okay, I know its been a while since I've poked my head in here, but edwin4649, if you'd be so kind as to start your own thread instead of hijacking mine, it'd be much appreciated. Also, linking to mediafire through adfly is kinda shady business. If you're going to link something, use FileTrip as they are directly associated with GBATemp. Keep it in house, man. ^_^

Anyway, back on topic here.
    I've been really busy since my last theme, as I've been working on some other projects (OUYA review series, learning Stencyl, family things, etc). I've finally got some time to focus on a few themes coming up. I'm not sure what the next one is going to be, so I'll take suggestions again! I'm currently looking toward Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze as a potential idea, but resources are limited for the time being. (Once the Media tab on the official site opens up, there may be enough. ;-) )

So, ideas?

17. MassiveRican

Puerto Rico
    I'm sure he meant no disrespect, he probably just saw themes here and thought it would be cool to share, but yea it's a good idea for him to start his own thread as he has enough themes to warrant one ;)

As far as ideas go, I know its niche, and not related to Ninty, but I would go nuts for a theme based on the Rebuild of Evangelion. Other than that, how about either Fatal Frame, Earthbound or Fire Emblem for Ninty franchises?

18. MarcusRaven
    OP

United States
    Disrespect or no, it does raise some red flags using adfly. I'm being rather civil about it, so hopefully this will simply move on. That's what I'm doing anyway. Gonna try and put together some themes (note: plural) tomorrow. My wife suggested Krby's Epic Yarn and Yoshi's Island, and I think Earthbound is perfect! So hopefully I'll have all three up tomorrow. Gonna challenge myself!

19. MassiveRican

Puerto Rico
    That's awesome man, and yea Kirby's Epic Yarn sounds like it would be fun to make and navigate with. So tomorrow it's Ninty themes gallore woot woot!! XD

Good luck and have fun this weekend. I'll be on tomorrow night or Sunday.

20. MarcusRaven
    OP

United States
    Okay, didn't get them done yesterday, but the Earthbound theme became something bigger than expected. (In a GOOD way!) I'll have it posted later today ^_^

MassiveRican likes this.