Hacking Homebrew channel not reading apps on SD card.

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 53,412
  • Replies 9
D

Deleted_171835

OP
When I boot up the Homebrew Channel on my Wii, the icon in the bottom-right flashes but none of my applications appear. The odd thing is that I was able to access my apps just days before. I tried formatting my card (with SD Formatter) and copying all my files back on the card but it still won't read it. Help?

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
When I boot up the Homebrew Channel on my Wii, the icon in the bottom-right flashes but none of my applications appear. The odd thing is that I was able to access my apps just days before. I tried formatting my card (with SD Formatter) and copying all my files back on the card but it still won't read it. Help?

Try it with another SD card.
If its not working then maybe ur SD slot died?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Firstly, remove the SD card, copy its contents, format it, place the apps on it and put it back in the Wii. If that doesn't work, first boot Homebrew Channel, then put the SD in. If that fails, you may have an SD slot issue and you may have to switch to app loading from a FAT32 USB drive, depending on whether it's a contact issue or actual damage.

Re-insert the card a few times, it just might detect it.

Reactions: jeannotte
D

Deleted_171835

OP
I know it's not an issue with my SD card slot as I just watched a show on the card through WiiMC.

And I've already tried copying files, formatting and moving them back @Foxi4.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
may sound daft, have you tried pressing 1 (i think) to bring up the list of what to load from and tried selecting sd again? I know sometimes on hbc it will switch from loading from usb to sd at random times upon boot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, what clarky said, or I just remembered.. I think you need to update your HBC. Try using THIS. Or maybe you need to use the latest BootMii Installer to re-install the HBC.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
@[member='xAC3L3G3NDx']
....Uh, no.

may sound daft, have you tried pressing 1 (i think) to bring up the list of what to load from and tried selecting sd again? I know sometimes on hbc it will switch from loading from usb to sd at random times upon boot
Thanks man, I just tried that and it wasn't set to SD (but to Gecko Slot). It works now!

Reactions: 1 person

Somari128

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally moved my homebrew apps to my SD card and now I can't move or open them can someone please help me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended