Homebrew Homebrew Browser and SDHC Cards

Triumph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just loaded Homebrew Channel 1.0.3 along with BootMii beta2, and both work great with my SDHC card. I even have used the emulators for NES, and SNES and they work great with SDHC. But when I try and launch Homebrew Browser I get a message saying:
Unable to initialise FAT subsystem, exiting.
Your SD Card may not be placed in the Wii Correctly.

Is anyone else having problems with HBB?

I forgot to put that I have a 4.0U Wii, with the custom Ios36 v9, since v10 doesn't work right with the USB Lan adapter yet, (Here's hoping for v12 to fix that)

Also it works fine with my 2 gig SD card (Not a SDHC card) so that is why I believe it is a Homebrew Browser issue and not my Wii's issue.

chenanigans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem! I had it working on thursday night but then friday when I tried to load homebrew browser again I got the same message you have. Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

I checked my sd card plenty of times, its not locked, I have it installed in the wii correctly.

chenanigans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem! I had it working on thursday night but then friday when I tried to load homebrew browser again I got the same message you have. Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

I checked my sd card plenty of times, its not locked, I have it installed in the wii correctly.

chenanigans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I fixed the problem, all I did was reformat the sd card, downloaded the new homebrew browser 3.1 from codemii.com and put it in the apps folder. Worked like a charm. If you have items you want to keep on your sd card make sure you save them somewhere before you format the card.

Triumph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the reply, but I have tried to reformat the SD Card, and still no go. I almost wonder if it is a IOS issue. I saw a bug with HBC that it uses the higher IOS which may cause issues with SDHC.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reported it to the dev of the browser. My problem with the browser is wrong "path" it's on the last page of my HBC & yet should be on like the first or 2nd.

Triumph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for reporting it to the dev, just curious how did you do that? I saw there website, but didn't see how to contact them or a forum to post on.

For you issue, that may be how you have the folder named inside the apps folder.

wiiwax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have this same issue, however, it's really the SDHC card from my understanding. There is a compatibility list out there available at http://wiibrew.org/wiki/SD/SDHC_Card_Compatibility_Tests

My Patriot 8GB SDHC is hit or miss, sometimes it works other times it doesn't. It'll also sometimes get passed the error msg in Homebrew Browser right after a reformat but usually can't make it all the way in to the app. I just ordered some of the SDHCs that appear on that list and will post here to let people know if it's the card or the install of HBC/HBB.

Triumph

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teknecal said:
Can you try out http://www.codemii.com/hbb_v032_beta2.dol

I just tried this, and still am getting the same error.
It happens about 3 seconds after the network initalised error.

If it helps I have a 16gb Kingston SDHC Card, I don't know if that isn't compatible with HBB or not, although it does work for bootmii, and HBC, and the emulators, but didn't until all of those were updated to there latest versions.

QUOTE(Eddie_Brock @ May 31 2009, 04:42 PM) Not to rant, but all of the issues people are having are from SDHC cards...

A 2gb SD card is

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.