Homebrew homebrew amateur

gi5431

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,
I'm a first year programming student at SDSU, and I'm interested into getting into the wii-u homebrew scene. I was wondering if anyone had any links or advice on where to begin?
thanks

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys,
I'm a first year programming student at SDSU, and I'm interested into getting into the wii-u homebrew scene. I was wondering if anyone had any links or advice on where to begin?
thanks
The wiki has a nice page that aggregates most of the stuff that's been written. Check that out here. Unfortunately; documentation isn't a huge priority for most so you really do have to learn by example.
There's also some IRC channels that I strongly suggest chasing up; in my experience the exploit people frequent #wiiudev while the homebrewers are in #wiiubru.

Reactions: Deleted User

gi5431

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks man, That's really useful. TBH I'm debating going down the raspberry pi road instead. There is probably more documentation and more open source material.
My idea is to create a netflix-esque steaming service powered by torrents, with a plex style menu. Dealing with torrent files and playing a video is going to be the problem, but I was hoping there is some open source material that I can jack from somewhere. I think my first step will to be create a basic GUI that will DL a sample torrent file off piratebay, and I'll go from there. I know it's ambitious project, but worth a crack. Worse case scenario, I'll know how to make a GUI on a pi. I just got pissed off with netflix being so shit.

Reactions: QuarkTheAwesome

Skanob

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks man, That's really useful. TBH I'm debating going down the raspberry pi road instead. There is probably more documentation and more open source material.
My idea is to create a netflix-esque steaming service powered by torrents, with a plex style menu. Dealing with torrent files and playing a video is going to be the problem, but I was hoping there is some open source material that I can jack from somewhere. I think my first step will to be create a basic GUI that will DL a sample torrent file off piratebay, and I'll go from there. I know it's ambitious project, but worth a crack. Worse case scenario, I'll know how to make a GUI on a pi. I just got pissed off with netflix being so shit.

Awesome idea mate.

Just my 2 cents, I would rather recommend you focus more on the usage/purpose of the app/software first on your first step. Rather than focusing on GUI first.

I too am just learning to program/code, and already have a few apps on the play store. I find it better to make sure that the purpose of the app/software has been met first, then I focus on GUI afterwards. This way, you won't get lost on the idea of focusing more on GUI rather than the app/software itself.

Good luck on the app.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Mj you are the father