Homebrew Homebrew 3DS Emulating 3DS Games?

Jecoconono

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i was wondering if it will ever be possible to run 3ds games on homebrew using roms off the SD card or like such, (for "educational" purpose) just like on the Wii? The wii had a method that let you run it off with the one homebrew application that let you run games off a external disk.

Also is will there ever be a way to cheat in the games like on the wii? I remember me playing twilight princess and moon jumping where i shouldn't be at.

Anyways, thanks.

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would be very hard to achieve, but remotely possible. Don't plan on it ever happening. You're better off getting a cart like Gateway or Sky3DS, those play all 3DS ROMs fine.

Jecoconono

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This would be very hard to achieve, but remotely possible. Don't plan on it ever happening. You're better off getting a cart like Gateway or Sky3DS, those play all 3DS ROMs fine.
I would like one very much but i have nowhere near enough money to buy one, and its not like they sell it in stores, so ill have to wait for delivery aswell..

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ayyyy

Now jokes aside, that's called a kernel exploit and it hasn't been found on firmwares above 9.2

And it never will be. Just be lucky we have homebrew on 9.9 as it is because once Nintendo releases a firmware update, 9.9 will be the last firmware you can have homebrew in.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i was wondering if it will ever be possible to run 3ds games on homebrew using roms off the SD card or like such, (for "educational" purpose) just like on the Wii? The wii had a method that let you run it off with the one homebrew application that let you run games off a external disk.

Also is will there ever be a way to cheat in the games like on the wii? I remember me playing twilight princess and moon jumping where i shouldn't be at.

Anyways, thanks.
CIA>3DS

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

By the way, talk about "emulate" 3ds roms like Wii does is totally inexact, AFAIK. Wii Homebrew that runs ROMs is a Launcher/Loader, not an Emulator.

Last edited by fmkid,

LinkFan2.0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone send me a load of homebrew application files at [email protected] I have all the basics but can someone get me a downloadmii .smxh and .3dsx files thx and yes it would be better to get a cart I currently have sky3ds

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And it never will be. Just be lucky we have homebrew on 9.9 as it is because once Nintendo releases a firmware update, 9.9 will be the last firmware you can have homebrew in.

I have been told to keep quiet but I wouldn't say we would never find one, it would just be difficult to find one that works.

TheSockNaster

Kawaii
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Anyways, thanks.

Right now homebrew launcher doesn't have full access to the console. If we did then playing 3DS roms through homebrew would be very more easy. Also I don't think we can do 3DS backup playing right now because the homebrew launcher doesn't have 3D which means it runs like a nds game.

BPSpike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If a 9.9 kernel exploit was found, I'd be really happy, but I'm not holding my breath for a working one within 2015.

Me neither, truth be told. I was just remarking that the same has been said before and how funny it was. :P

Anyways, stranger things did happen before, so... who knows?

LinkFan2.0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkFlare69 hey im a huge fan :hrth:can you link me or email me at [email protected] all the homebrew applications you have that would be so awesome your thhe best :bow::bow:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sorry I meant the best im 11 and just learned to type so lol

TheSockNaster

Kawaii
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkFlare69 hey im a huge fan :hrth:can you link me or email me at [email protected] all the homebrew applications you have that would be so awesome your thhe best :bow::bow:

sorry I meant the best im 11 and just learned to type so lol

Please don't leave that stuff in the forum chats. Next time P.M him this.

V3NUS_M1NER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Anyways, thanks.
Not possible on anything above 9.2, as others have previously stated.

The 3DS cannot even emulate GameBoy Advance games that well. Even if it was possible to emulate a 3DS from our 3DS, it probably would not play at all.

TheSockNaster

Kawaii
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not possible on anything above 9.2, as others have previously stated.

The 3DS cannot even emulate GameBoy Advance games that well. Even if it was possible to emulate a 3DS from our 3DS, it probably would not play at all.

It may be possible if we had full access to the 3DS console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.