GCN Home-made DIY SD to GameCube adapter?

NickRay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey GBAtemp, hopefully someone knowledgeable with GameCube hacks can help me out. Since the GameCube memory card shared an almost identical structure to an SD card, would I be able to create a SD card adapter out of a memory card, soldering a SD slot to the corresponding pins for the chip?
This is what I mean http://ngc.scorpei.com/GUIDE-SD_adapter.html
What I really want to know is if this would be able to run homebrew like the SD media loader would. For instance, would I be able to launch programs directly from the SD card without any other hardware inside the DIY adapter?

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You would be able to launch homebrew from it, but you would need something to boot to it. An Action Replay had a cheat code to boot to it. By itself, you can't do much with it. There are ways to boot to it from Wii homebrew.

NickRay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would be able to launch homebrew from it, but you would need something to boot to it. An Action Replay had a cheat code to boot to it. By itself, you can't do much with it. There are ways to boot to it from Wii homebrew.

Dang. Yeah, that's what I was trying to avoid, having to get a SDML. Those things are too expensive. I'll probably just try to trade my GameCube for a Wii, I've softmodded our family's Wii before and it can do everything without any hardware. Thanks for a clear answer!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol