Hardware Holographic 3DS

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Well it brings us one tiny step closer to having real Star Trek style holodecks, and the ultimate gaming experience. Can't get much more immersive than actually being in the game, right? Probably still afew decades off at the least but we're getting there.

Incidentally, do you think when we finally get there we'll still have shovelware?

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh yeah, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SHOVELWARE......

I can see it now:

Out next Month! Holodeck Solitaire v6.8! Now with 2 player option!!

aiRWaLKRe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
Well it brings us one tiny step closer to having real Star Trek style holodecks, and the ultimate gaming experience. Can't get much more immersive than actually being in the game, right? Probably still afew decades off at the least but we're getting there.

Incidentally, do you think when we finally get there we'll still have shovelware?

Well considering they have prototype holographic tv's that they want consumer ready by 2020, and there are prototype holograms you can feel, they use ultrasonic wave generators, its only a few decades off till we have a holodeck we can go in. I don't have any of the links to prove my statements, on this computer, but a easy search and you can find the info for yourself.

ArKRaveN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It's just like having 4 tvs displaying the same from 4 different angles using the piramid shape to make it simpler, im not impressed at all

Nollog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
aiRWaLKRe said:
Blaze163 said:

Well considering they have prototype holographic tv's that they want consumer ready by 2020, and there are prototype holograms you can feel, they use ultrasonic wave generators, its only a few decades off till we have a holodeck we can go in. I don't have any of the links to prove my statements, on this computer, but a easy search and you can find the info for yourself.
The NintenDogs + Cats would go mad with all those ultrasonic sounds.

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually according to a recent report on BBC news's technology show "click" "holographic" tv could be with us in the next few years bearing in mind that we are just now looking at a very early prototype and there are problems with the image being dim and flickery in monochrome, in colour its just completely horrible at the moment but as i say this is a very early prototype. on the brighter side of things it can cope with both images and video shot with todays standard 3D cameras.

Its actually quite interesting how it works, as the the image is displayed on the screen as a set of interference patterns which only form the desired image when you are at the right angle and illuminated properly. i know what your thinking, you can only view it from right in front of it ... the current prototype has tracking software that determines the correct distance and angle and even in this early stage track up to 4 people ... all this without glasses or eye strain

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just like this?

This one is more awesome tho, as it features a hot woman.

EDIT: I seem to fail in the new youtube tag, can someone fix it?

ty SoulSnatcher:)

D

Deleted_171835

Wabsta said:
Just like this?
~snip
This one is more awesome tho, as it features a hot woman.
EDIT: I seem to fail in the new youtube tag, can someone fix it?
It contains a malformed video ID (jIcsYBZSQ4). Fix the ID.
BTW, the old Youtube tag is still here as CODE[yt][/yt]

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
HolyShitThisIsAwesome.jpg

Now all we need is Duel Monsters on it!

I DISCARD 2 LEVEL 4 MACHINE TYPE MONSTERS TO BRING BACK MY MACHINA FORTRESS!
Agreedagreedagreedagreedagreedagreedagreedagreedagreedagreedagreed. A million times agreed.

Also, if this really was the next, next big thing from Nintendo, I'd flip the fuck out. Even if it weren't a home console, but an arcade unit. (Again, see Yu-Gi-Oh!/Duel Monsters)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.