Hardware Holes on the Switch?

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Take a loot at...lets say (now already old) iPad Air 2. Holes there are microscopic compared to these....
Its big enough for children can put their fingers in there and pull the Nand out for crying out loud.

Which can only mean

A) iPad is underpowered

B) Switch is a portable powerhouse

Pick your choice

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Typing this on an
The holes make the Switch able to filter water particles to create a process similar to an air-conditioner, so submerging the Switch in water will cool it a lot faster than normal, and also provides a safer way to cool it.
They also serve double duty to let out Steam when using the microwave charging feature.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take a loot at...lets say (now already old) iPad Air 2. Holes there are microscopic compared to these....
Its big enough for children can put their fingers in there and pull the Nand out for crying out loud.
You do realize the ipad 2 is far underpowered compared to this right? More horsepower tends to equal greater heat output. Plus the holes probably aren't as large as they appear. The console is a lot smaller than you think, and that's probably also causing you to think the vent holes are also bigger than they actually are. I mean if you compare it's size to something else on the switch we can actually carry right now you will realize that. Take a look a the micro SD slot, and compare it to the vent holes. The holes are about 1/2 - 3/4 the width of a micro SD.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do realize the ipad 2 is far underpowered compared to this right? More horsepower tends to equal greater heat output. Plus the holes probably aren't as large as they appear. The console is a lot smaller than you think, and that's probably also causing you to think the vent holes are also bigger than they actually are. I mean if you compare it's size to something else on the switch we can actually carry right now you will realize that. Take a look a the micro SD slot, and compare it to the vent holes. The holes are about 1/2 - 3/4 the width of a micro SD.

They say the switch is overall smaller then tbe wii u gamepad, even with the joy cons connect

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the record, I'm pretty sure they said iPad Air 2. And anyway, I'm pretty sure those are speaker holes, not cooling holes. Then again, I've never used an Air 2 myself.
Either way, the ipad air 2 is still fairly underpowered compared to anything with a NVIDIA tegra chip. And I haven't seen any ipad have active cooling, though I haven't seen the ipad pro

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
that's to turn the Switch upside down and connect to a "special" dock.. they'll release a Switch Dock 2.0 or Switch Dock SE (special edition) that supports 4k resolution and has a disc drive for some Wii and Wii U discs and DS/3DS cartridge slot.. yep.. dream on.. :D

fatsquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Far underpowered? Not THAT far (not going to say that for 100% since we dont have benchmarks out yet, but according to the comparison of Zelda with Wiiu, I wouldnt call this a power beast).
Also you are comparing Air 2 which was released in 2014 with a 2017 home console.
And Switch really isnt much thinner than Air is. I didnt compare them in person, but Id say the thickness is about the same.
Half of micro sd card is approximately 0.6 cm. And that my friend is a big fucking hole right there.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The holes on the Switch are to throw in whining kids from the forums.
They go through the heating fins, they are grinded by the cooling fans, and come out already cooked and ready to be used as burrito filling.
This is a real hybrid home-console/portable-cooker system. /s

fatsquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The holes on the Switch are to throw in whining kids from the forums.
They go through the heating fins, they are grinded by the cooling fans, and come out already cooked and ready to be used as burrito filling.
This is a real hybrid home-console/portable-cooker system. /s

Have some respect for us fatsos. We wouldnt fit in

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1