Homebrew Official HID to VPAD

DivineZeus

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi maschell, thank you for your hard work! This "little" piece of software is great... My switch pro controller pro works very well via usb, but if i emulate the wiiu gamepad the left stick is less sensible than in wiiu pro controller mode.

Reactions: Maschell

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi maschell, thank you for your hard work! This "little" piece of software is great... My switch pro controller pro works very well via usb, but if i emulate the wiiu gamepad the left stick is less sensible than in wiiu pro controller mode.
I adjusted the value. Now the gamepad and pro controller emulation should be the same!

I released HIDtoVPAD 0.9i!

https://github.com/Maschell/hid_to_vpad/releases/tag/0.9i

Changelog:
- Adding more NULL checks before using pointer (fixes some crashes)
- Saving the callback addresses. A user can then trigger the callback manually using the TV button. (fix for e.g. Zelda TP)
- Increasing the thread-priority of the TCP/UDP server for some games. (Better performance in BOTW)
- Added rumble support for the network controller
- Changed network protocol version to version 3
- Added patches for WPADSetConnectCallback and WPADSetDataFormat
- Initial support for multiple languages (Currenty there is no option to set a language)
- Added language files for english and german
- Deleted not used resources
- Added an error message when a unsupported game is loaded (+ undoing the patches)
- Making the GC-Rumble work more reliable
- Added support for the Switch Pro Controller via USB
- Added pre defined values for the switch pro controller config file
- Using the sampling callback instead of patching the KPADRead(Ex) and KPADGetUnifiedWpadStatus function. This fixes the buttons pressed for unity games.
- Adjusted stick sensitivity for the pro controller emulation

Have fun! Please report any issues!

Kuranghi

Trophies
XP
Country
Maschell, thanks so much for your hard on this program, BotW is 1000% better with a DS4.

I had quick question I couldn't find an answer to in the wiki, I'm using my DS4 with HID to VPAD to emulate the Gamepad, I have no pro controller. Is there any advantage to emulating the Pro Controller over the Gamepad? Different stick sensitivities, etc.

zeldaism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I adjusted the value. Now the gamepad and pro controller emulation should be the same!

Changelog:
- Saving the callback addresses. A user can then trigger the callback manually using the TV button. (fix for e.g. Zelda TP)
- Increasing the thread-priority of the TCP/UDP server for some games. (Better performance in BOTW)
- Initial support for multiple languages (Currenty there is no option to set a language)
- Added an error message when a unsupported game is loaded (+ undoing the patches)
- Using the sampling callback instead of patching the KPADRead(Ex) and KPADGetUnifiedWpadStatus function. This fixes the buttons pressed for unity games.

Breath of the wild works so much better now! Thanks. :D

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maschell, thanks so much for your hard on this program, BotW is 1000% better with a DS4.

I had quick question I couldn't find an answer to in the wiki, I'm using my DS4 with HID to VPAD to emulate the Gamepad, I have no pro controller. Is there any advantage to emulating the Pro Controller over the Gamepad? Different stick sensitivities, etc.
No, should not make any differences.

Reactions: Kuranghi

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States

DivineZeus

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Changelog:

That was fast! :) i just tried zelda botw with my switch pro controller (emulating gamepad) and in neutral position link goes down slowly... when i push up on the left stick he doesn't run as fast as he should, i would say about 2/3 of the max running speed.

Last edited by DivineZeus,

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That was fast! :) i just tried zelda botw with my switch pro controller (emulating gamepad) and in neutral position link goes down slowly... when i push up on the left stick he doesn't run as fast as he should, i would say about 2/3 of the max running speed.
Then you need to adjust the configuration file. Connect the controller via BT to your controller and run HIDTest to get the values

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My girlfriend told me that my GameCube controller finally arrived today (never had a package take that long to deliver -.-).
As soon as I'm home I'm gonna test it with a few games! =)

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Maschell
Here's the log:

Code:
HID to VPAD Network Client

Running on WINDOWS
HID Backend: PureJavaHidManagerBackend
Currently Disconnected.
Not Reconnecting.

Currently attached controllers:

Filtering settings:
[true, false, false, true, true, true]

All HIDs:
PureJavaHidDevice [vid= 045E, pid= 02A1, path= \\?\hid#vid_045e&pid_02a1&ig_00#7&288bfe9e&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}, usage= 0001:0000, data=[]]
PureJavaHidDevice [vid= 0000, pid= 0000, path= \\?\hid#atk4002#3&34245a86&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}, usage= 0001:0000, data=[]]

Last edited by ploggy,

DivineZeus

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Then you need to adjust the configuration file. Connect the controller via BT to your controller and run HIDTest to get the values

I see... i downloaded hid_test-master i added the folder to my sd card but i can't find a way to launch it with homebrew launcher... what am i doing wrong? sorry for my dumbness, but i forgot how to deal with my modded wiiu... :(

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My girlfriend told me that my GameCube controller finally arrived today (never had a package take that long to deliver -.-).
As soon as I'm home I'm gonna test it with a few games! =)
@Maschell tested the GC Controller with three games for a few minutes.
First of all: Sh*t, I really did not remember there's no ZL and ZR, that sucks for Zelda. :(
But it's the f*cking best controller for Mario Kart 8. I was so glad that even rumble works. You're genius.
I tried:
  • Mario Kart 8 (works just fine)
  • Super Mario 3D World (works great but button mapping seems unfamiliar)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (works great except for missing GC Controller buttons and button mapping seems unfamiliar)
Of course these are games that everyone (you included) have tested already.
I'll report back once I tested more (and maybe some uncommon) games but great work so far.
Only thing that annoys me is the button mapping for some games. Due to the fact that buttons are arranged "strangely" on the GC Controller, it's not your fault and it wouldn't be a solution to change the default mapping for the controller but (and I don't know whether this has already been discussed here) per game.
If I could use different button mappings for different games, that'd be great.
Is there any way your app can detect the game I'm playing?

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by victormr21,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: