Homebrew Official HID to VPAD

Jarmarcus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reporting.
No problem. I'm not sure if it makes a difference since they're made from the same hardware as the official one, but I'm using a Mayflash Gamecube Adapter. At first I thought it was the controllers, but the application just isn't recognizing the 3rd or 4th ports of the adapter at all. I know you're working on a lot so thank you for taking the time to actually respond :) I really appreciate it.

Last edited by Jarmarcus,
Reactions: Yoni Arousement

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I´m having the same problem, also using the Mayflash Gamecube Adapter.

It was working with all 4 ports in the first beta version.
There I was playing MK8 with 4 Gamecube controllers, it crashed the first time during the character selection screen, but the second time it worked fine!

D

Deleted User

SM3DW freezes when i tried to move with DS3 controller, Wii U Pro Controller setting.
I wonder why does it happen.

Jarmarcus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I´m having the same problem, also using the Mayflash Gamecube Adapter.

It was working with all 4 ports in the first beta version.
There I was playing MK8 with 4 Gamecube controllers, it crashed the first time during the character selection screen, but the second time it worked fine!
Wait so is yours working and if so, which build are you using?

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wait so is yours working and if so, which build are you using?

When it was working I used the first beta version, you can find it at Page 34.
With the first version it worked for me, with the updated version a few posts after the first one it didn´t work for me anymore, maybe you are using the second one right now?

Jarmarcus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it was working I used the first beta version, you can find it at Page 34.
With the first version it worked for me, with the updated version a few posts after the first one it didn´t work for me anymore, maybe you are using the second one right now?
I'm pretty sure I used the first one. I'll redownload both of those files today and see if I can get it to work. Have you got yours to work again by using the first one?

damex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
hello, i could report back that build from 34th page make 2 (two) of 4 (four) ports on official gamecube adapter working. only first two. just like the guy(s) above with mayflash gamecube adapter.

i got that file
Code:
Name:  hidtovpad.elf
Size: 2.99 MB
Uploaded: 01-01-2017 18:56

Last edited by damex,

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm pretty sure I used the first one. I'll redownload both of those files today and see if I can get it to work. Have you got yours to work again by using the first one?

To be honest I never tried it again after that, the only thing I can tell you is that it was working once, and that I tried it with the first beta version...

EDIT:
Just tried it out with both beta versions, can´t get it to work anymore...
I really don´t know what I did to get it to work, sorry...

Last edited by Houjin,

sprong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all my ps4 controllers have an issue where the left stick slightly pulls to the left, can somebody make a config file that fixes this? maybe make the sticks have a higher min value or something idk?

kfrfansub

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
SOME ONE PLS HAVE A LAYOUT WORKING FOR A DUALSHOCK3 I DONT KNOW HOW TO ME MAKE ONE I NEED HELP

Yes it works with my DS3 controllers. I created a .ini file and copied the code from here and i added this before (at the first lines) :

//GamePad
[gamepad]

This file have to be in a folder called Cotroller in the root of your sd card like this :

sd:/wiiu/controller

Effef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, I tried this with Zelda and my DS4. It worked flawlessly, but after a while the screen turned darker, as if the Wii U wasn't used for a while. Touching the GamePad screen or pressing a button (on the GamePad, not on DS4) made the screen normal again... but after a while the same thing happened! That's kind strange, as the DS4 is supposed to emulate the GamePad, isn'it? So why does the Wii U think it's not being used?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So, I tried this with Zelda and my DS4. It worked flawlessly, but after a while the screen turned darker, as if the Wii U wasn't used for a while. Touching the GamePad screen or pressing a button (on the GamePad, not on DS4) made the screen normal again... but after a while the same thing happened! That's kind strange, as the DS4 is supposed to emulate the GamePad, isn'it? So why does the Wii U think it's not being used?
this is normal, go to wiiu settings and disable the autoshutdown and burn in reducion, hid does not register s an actual button press.

kmunkee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the DS3 controller and everything is working fine except for the left stick. The Y axis is configured to the gamepads x axis and the x axis on the DS3 doesn't have an output at all.

Edit:
Nevermind, I got it to work. But hid to vpad does not read from my config file, any ideas? I just want to switch my cross on to x vpad and triangle to b vpad

I have this in the first lines:

[vid=0x054c,pid=0x0268]
[IgnoreDefault] //Ignoring the built in default values

Last edited by kmunkee,

DuckPic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys, wouldn't the Switch Pro Controller work? Since it's confirmed to work on PC out-of-the-box it's likely to be HID-compliant.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1