Homebrew HID To VPAD Network Client

KK2004x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've made my wireless DS4 work as setting it as a Gamepad for Smash. This is using the latest nightlies in both programs. However, the Gamepad and DS4 aren't used as separate controllers unfortunately.

Reactions: FierceDeityLinkMask

FelipeJSan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi. When I use DS4 via USB, it works perfectly, the way i've set it up in my configuration file. But when i try to use the same control over the Networking Client, the buttons are all unconfigured. I have tried several configuration files without success. I plug the cable and the buttons are perfect. What can it be? Thank you.

Edit:
I cleaned all the configuration files and put it as simple as possible. I reloaded the HID to VPAD and it worked perfect. Thank you very much.

Last edited by FelipeJSan,

VVizard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I downloaded everything but for some reason HIDToVPADNetworkClient-0.4 doesn't recognize my xbox 360 controller, what are the exact steps to make it recognized: (I already have both Microsoft CC and Java updated)

vegasidelmar14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi. When I use DS4 via USB, it works perfectly, the way i've set it up in my configuration file. But when i try to use the same control over the Networking Client, the buttons are all unconfigured. I have tried several configuration files without success. I plug the cable and the buttons are perfect. What can it be? Thank you.

Edit:
I cleaned all the configuration files and put it as simple as possible. I reloaded the HID to VPAD and it worked perfect. Thank you very much.
can you please send me your config? i have a rare issoue its recognize the ds4 but the thing is like I have always three buttons pressing it all the time ( im not doing or pressin anything)

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Como eu abro o ''HIDToVPADNetworkClient-0.4'' no meu computador ?, eu extrai com o Winrar mas não tem nenhum executável para abrir

How do I open the '' HIDToVPADNetworkClient-0.4 '' on my computer?, I extract with Winrar but it has no executable to open

Sorry for my english.

chose9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm trying to get this to work with a PS2 controller in a adapter, the controller works fine with games on windows but it doesn't show up on the client :/

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 348

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Every time I try to enable a controller in the network client it shows an error that says "No configuration for this controller found on the console." but I have configuration files on my SD card what am I doing wrong?

dariosq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I am facing some problems when i try to connect to a controller connected to my pc and use it in the wii u through the wi-fi.

I am using a Gamesir G4s, but when open the network client on my PC it doesn't appear as a controller on the list.

Can anyone help me with that?

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There is an option in the network client settings to show all devices, it still may not work like in my case but I guess it's worth trying...

niño de cobre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
can anyone help me to use HID To VPAD + HID To VPAD network client to use a mouse? want to to play mario maker with it.

added mouse.ini and mouse2.ini with this values but the network client show this:
WscsPxy.png

(two ini because windows shows 2 hid-mouse on device manager)

what im missing?

pd: this is what i have in mouse.ini
[Mouse]
[vid=0x12C9,pid=0x1002]

Last edited by niño de cobre,

anotherperson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Hi, first, great tool for use to all the people that dont have a wii u pro controller and hates the gamepad. I have an issue i have a ''ipega media gamepad controller'' hid device and i know all tecnical stuff i have to do the controller.ini for my device, i read the wiki but my gamepad only support bluetooth so the HID-Test from homebrew channel isn't a option, i try to use hid test from windows and the only thing i can see is this ''| VID: 1949 PID 0402 data: 80808080880000000000 |'' this shows when im not touching any button in my device. would anyone help me to create a config.ini for my device or explain me how to do it?.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Forget it I create a config.ini for ipega controller Here is it
[vid=0x1949,pid=0x0402]
VPAD_BUTTON_A = 0x05,0x02
VPAD_BUTTON_B = 0x05,0x01
VPAD_BUTTON_X = 0x05,0x10
VPAD_BUTTON_Y = 0x05,0x08

VPAD_BUTTON_PLUS = 0x06,0x08
VPAD_BUTTON_MINUS = 0x06,0x04
//VPAD_BUTTON_HOME = 0x01,0x01

VPAD_BUTTON_L = 0x05,0x40
VPAD_BUTTON_R = 0x05,0x80

VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_L = 0x06,0x20
VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_R = 0x06,0x40

//The "value" is a deadzone in this case
VPAD_BUTTON_ZR = 0x07,0xFF
VPAD_BUTTON_ZL = 0x08,0xFF

DPAD_MODE = DPAD_Absolute_2Values
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_ABS_UP = 0x04,0x00
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_ABS_DOWN = 0x04,0x04
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_ABS_LEFT = 0x04,0x06
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_ABS_RIGHT = 0x04,0x02

VPAD_L_STICK_X = 0x00,0x80
VPAD_L_STICK_X_MINMAX = 0x00,0xFF

VPAD_L_STICK_Y = 0x01,0x7F
VPAD_L_STICK_Y_MINMAX = 0x00,0xFF
VPAD_L_STICK_Y_INVERT = True

VPAD_R_STICK_X = 0x02,0x80
VPAD_R_STICK_X_MINMAX = 0x00,0xFF

VPAD_R_STICK_Y = 0x03,0x7F
VPAD_R_STICK_Y_MINMAX = 0x00,0xFF​

Last edited by anotherperson,

ItaloStrawHat

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I am not able to create a configuration for a Shadow DreamGear controller, can you help me please?
I changed the vid and pid of the proexps3 file by the one that hid test showed and worked out, I know it was risky but this controller is basically the same dualshock 3

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can not believe it worked out, I rescued a controller, the need is the mother of the invention, although I've only done a little thing.

heratis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey @Maschell thanks for a great tool!

I did some QA on my mbp running OSX 10.12 using a DS3 and a few DS4's and figured I'd send/post my results.

I found the DS4 works perfectly out of the box with the config that's included in the release package for the program.

That said, I found connecting 2 or more DS4's at once would make the network client act strangely. In some cases it would show only 1 controller in the client and after closing/reopening a few time there were times where no controllers were recognized at all.

I then tried renaming the DS4's (i.e. "Black DS4 Conroller" and "Silver DS4 Controller") since I have 5 different color DS4's and this would ensure I could easily identify them in the BT settings however doing this made them not show up in the network client. To remedy this I simply unpaired and repaired the controller and it was recognized once again.

After my DS4 fun I tried using one of my DS3's and was unable to have the network client recognize the controller no matter what I did so I simply stuck to the DS4 instead.

Man, this tool and network client are amazing and I can't thank you enough for your hard work on it! I can do some further OSX testing if you'd need/like a QA so if you're interested just let me know otherwise I'll simply report back any bugs I may find while messing around with it.

Thanks again!

Edit: Added Specs/Device List Below.

Machine: 2013 Non-Retina MacBook Pro
Bluetooth Device: MBP built in BT adapter
Controllers: DS3 (with rumble) & v1 DS4's

Hi GroverCleveland

Im trying to connect using a macbook too, but the Java client cant find the Wii u on the Network. Im using a ds4 v2.

Do you have any advice?

Regards

lorecast162

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
When I click Scan connected controller on the client nothing ever happens and in cmd I get this each time it's pressed
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.ash.HIDToVPADNetworkClient.hid.purejavahid.PureJavaHidDevice.getProductString(PureJavaHidDevice.java:117)
at net.ash.HIDToVPADNetworkClient.hid.HidManager.isGamepad(HidManager.java:75)
at net.ash.HIDToVPADNetworkClient.hid.HidManager.getAttachedControllers(HidManager.java:45)
at net.ash.HIDToVPADNetworkClient.manager.ControllerManager.detectHIDDevices(ControllerManager.java:161)
at net.ash.HIDToVPADNetworkClient.manager.ControllerManager.detectControllers(ControllerManager.java:77)
at net.ash.HIDToVPADNetworkClient.gui.GuiInputControls$1$1.run(GuiInputControls.java:69)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I even tried JDK but the result doesn't change, using Windows 10 Home Fall creators update x64.
On another Windows 7 Ultimate SP2 x86 laptop it did work tho.
I want to use my Horipad S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over