Homebrew Hi-Resolution DS Emulation

FeiFong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I just found out this afternoon about this amazing mod.
It seems now we can play polygonal games without looking like we are viewing censorship all around the screen.
I'm sort of a purist and there is one thing it seems not working how it should.

In the bottom part of the following link we see some comparison shots of a game, Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals, showing the differences with and without the High Def + Filter:

http://www.geocities.jp/gponys/desmume_aa.html

Ok, focusing on pics 8 and 9 where:

8: OpenGL X3 +AA
9: OpenGL X3 +AA + Filter (2D)

Turning on Filter or not it looks like Pic 8 in my case, what really matters here the 2D part, the portrait of the guy in this case, the background castle is 3D.
Difference between these 2 pics on the 2D part is pretty significant to me.

Can someone throw me some light?

Using DeSmuME X432R 2014-06-14-0
ATI Radeon HD 5850
Window 7 x64

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to admit that these new details look very, very good. but what I don't understand is why it suddenly seems to Crysis the emulation just because it's running at a not-horrible resolution?

Part of me wants to try this... but another part of me after reading this is afraid to see this absolutely choke on my system, as I simply do not have the means to afford to upgrade.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The insane specs thing seems to be more because this was a proof of concept turned into something that works on normal gear rather than something designed to be played.

Lakum

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Some DS games look phenomenal at high resolution check this ship:
tla1.png

IceLancerSR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried few versions with FFIV and DeSmuME X432R 2014-05-25-0 runs at max speed with or without async on.OGLx4
While last three revisions from (2014-06-14 + ) crawl at max 44 fps ,obvious huge speed drop

-----
Addendum
it seems that older version runs slow at 44 fps like newer ones the moment when i turn on AA
So... Maybe someone forgot to turn off AA somewhere in code ? :P

---
meh it seems i can't even play for 5 minutes without screensaver kicking in.. desm should have fixed that crap long time ago

meh wasted couple hours to try to reason with desm ,in order to prevent screen turn off,and no luck
at the end i ended up with batch script which will temporary during gameplay change powers and restore on exit. Which successfully prevents screen off.

here it is if anyone else is stuck in same problem,just put batch file in folder of emu and run it.
Code:
powercfg -x monitor-timeout-ac 999
powercfg -x disk-timeout-ac 999
powercfg -x standby-timeout-ac 999

DeSmuME_X432R_x64.exe

powercfg -x monitor-timeout-ac 5
powercfg -x disk-timeout-ac 20
powercfg -x standby-timeout-ac 120

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: can troll SylverReZ the following day :)