Gaming hey wii u owners, how do you feel knowing that BotW...

• Thread starter Gadd
  • Start date
  • Views 6,312
  • Replies 74
  • Likes 4

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No gyro on the pro controller so aiming the bow sucks.

I turned it off because I don't really like gyro on the huge GamePad. The 3DS did it better and I like the gyro on the 3DS.
I still play with the GamePad though!

But Hyrule Warriors with the Pro controller lol

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with the OP, the WiiU version should of had the gamepad screen involved if using the gamepad to play. It should of been the "Shieka Slate" and you know it was meant to be and was removed purposely so it wasn't a feature the switch didn't have. Twilight princess WiiU had it and clearly the Shieka slate was the WiiU gamepad and they removed it.

Reactions: Gadd

Farael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Assuming the Wii U version didn't have framerate issues and they kept the gamepad stuff, I wouldn't use them. The world is too frenetic. You need to pause the game to switch weapons or look at the map.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have to pay for the Wii U version so I don't care :^)
This, plus the fact that if I had to use the GamePad for yet another inventory or map interface, I was gonna get irked. BotW's map has some great details that can genuinely be helpful, which are lost on the 'Pad's lower-res screen (swap to it and see). I find the DPad implementation to function just fine, I don't have to tear away my attention from the game to look down at my inventory or map, it's all on one screen.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

RepeatingDigits

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Are you seriously whining about a piss easy, practical and faster solution to switching weapons rather than looking down and using the touch screen?
The only real loss was the map and the ability to set markers with the pad.
I'd also much rather have the ability to play on the pad than having a map or item screen at all times. This isn't OOT where you need to switch boots constantly.

Also the menus are fast so that's no excuse either.
It just sounds to me that OP is a f.. bad at games and needs a baby touch screen because his fingers aren't quick enough or can't process more than one thing at once.

Whine about things that matter, like 20FPS on kakariko instead of throwing this pointless tantrum.

Reactions: VinsCool

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the point people are missing is that it doesnt matter do much whether you would use the removed features, but that nintendo would purposely make a product worse to get people to spend more money. I dont use the gamepad weapon switch feature in either of the previous zelda wii u titles, and probably wouldnt often here as I wind the dpad a nice alternative. However, it does upset me Nintendo thought this was ok to do in the first place. At least put a map on the gamepad. But that being said, What did we honestly expect? Its 2017, Nintendo cares more about making money than delivering the best possible experience, as do Sony and Microsoft. It pisses me off but thats business.

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
This really isn't a good troll, I'm surprised this thread got so much attention. Then again, very clickbaity and perfectly timed...

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really care about the gamepad and never liked using it, but Nintendo is being pretty sketchy by doing this. I'm with the people saying the Sheikah Slate was supposed to be the gamepad. It's so freaking obvious.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You know what? just because you like one way doesn't mean there shouldn't be the option for others to play another way. One system does not rule out there other, pausing and going to the menu should always be an option, but why do you gotta support nintendo in hampering gamers choice on the matter? That ain't cool

I don't think they are hampering gamers choices by not including item management functions on the touch screen. You might say otherwise, and that's ok. Everyone can have a different opinion after all. It's not like leaving out the gamepad features prevents people from playing the game. My guess is that they sacrificed the said features for a better game performance, not because they could port it to the switch easier / faster. I understand that you like the gamepad features and made great use of them in WW HD and maybe even TP HD, but let me ask this: What if they left in the gamepad features, making the game run between 10-15 fps at all times, even freezing completely from time to time? That would ruin the whole game not just for you, but for everyone, wouldn't it? Also, just because these features were shown during a presentation while the game was still being developed does not mean that these features were meant for use in the final product.

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This really isn't a good troll, I'm surprised this thread got so much attention. Then again, very clickbaity and perfectly timed...
I think its a valid discussion; surely plenty of us were thinking about it, as to why it got so much attention. There is a hint of troll, but at the same time maybe OP is just genuinely upset with Ninty.

krepandus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'd like to have a map on the gamepad... That's the only thing that bugs me a bit... Oh, and yeah, pro controller is great, but I kinda suck at archery without them tilt controls so... playing with the charger it is xD

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really care about the gamepad and never liked using it, but Nintendo is being pretty sketchy by doing this. I'm with the people saying the Sheikah Slate was supposed to be the gamepad. It's so freaking obvious.
I'm with you there, I mean I'm kind of glad they didn't, but at least they should've allowed the ability to turn it on/off when we please if it was added, so I can see why people are upset.
Though we have to remember, what's obvious to some isn't obvious to others, and people can be very very oblivious and caught up in what they're doing, so the idea is forgotten completely.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im playing it on the switch and i dont have a problem going into the menu to switch my weapon. feels like old zeldas when i do that and it dont take me long to do so. After playing Phantasy star online for so long i dont mind menus...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup