Tutorial  Updated

HENkaku | Use multiple accounts on a single memory card and swap without format

Hello,

This tutorial will allow you to use multiple accounts on a single memcard. You will need the PSN creditentials of each account you 'add', as well as HENkaku.

First off, note that this is glorified account sharing. If you want to do the much simpler method of simply playing the games of your friend, here's a comprehensive guide:
Step 1: ask friend for account.
Step 2: format your Vita.
Step 3: enjoy new account and free games.

The advantage of this method is that you can use multiple 'accounts' at a time on the same Vita. Do not do this if you have no idea what you are doing! The concept of this method is store files belonging to multiple accounts on a single memory card, hence allowing swap without formatting.

The first thing you want to do is backup these four files:
  • vd0:registry/system.dreg
  • vd0:registry/system.ireg
  • ux0:id.dat
  • tm0:npdrm/act.dat
You can do this over FTP. You might be puzzled at how some of those partitions don't show up; this is because molecularShell is sandboxed by default to only allow write to memcard partitions (as in, it hides the others). You can simply type the name of the partition you want to access in your FTP client, and it will show up.

The next thing you want to do is format the file id.dat in order to unslave the memory card: this is important in order to be able to use HENkaku later.

Now do a safe mode reboot (POWER + PS + R). Do a system format. Go through the initial setup inputting your extra account creditentials, then install HENkaku, activate the Vita and dump your new act.dat. Finally, restore the old act.dat and reboot your vita. Keep both act.dats in a safe place. For extra accounts, follow the same procedure, and reformat the secondary memcard each time.

To switch accounts, use molecularShell to move the act.dat, registry.dreg and .ireg, and id.dat of the account you wish to use (I recommend using a non-sandboxed mS build for this as you won't be dependant on FTP this way) and reboot your vita.

Last edited by xy2_,

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys i know this might be a little out of topic but i just bought a secondhand vita and I was wondering if my vita would force me to update to the latest firmware if i initiate the "Restore This System" found in the Format tab of the Settings.
cry.gif
The reason i wanted to restore it is for me to be able to log-in my psn account because the previous owner's psn is still present

It will restore the system to the latest firmware installed, or, if an update was already downoaded, it will install that during the restore process (I think), you are probably beter off manually updating to 3.60, then restoring whilst in airplane mode. What is your current FW and does the system ever prompt you to update?

aleighne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It will restore the system to the latest firmware installed, or, if an update was already downoaded, it will install that during the restore process (I think), you are probably beter off manually updating to 3.60, then restoring whilst in airplane mode. What is your current FW and does the system ever prompt you to update?

Mine is currently in version 3.60. I have no idea if the system already has downloaded the update file for 3.61 so im scared if restoring the vita might install the v3.61 in the process, just like what you said :(

MDashK

Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
Hey guys i know this might be a little out of topic but i just bought a secondhand vita and I was wondering if my vita would force me to update to the latest firmware if i initiate the "Restore This System" found in the Format tab of the Settings.
cry.gif
The reason i wanted to restore it is for me to be able to log-in my psn account because the previous owner's psn is still present
Just to be safe, delete all the wifi settings of the system and put it into airplane mode.
It shouldn't ask you to update anything.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Mine is currently in version 3.60. I have no idea if the system already has downloaded the update file for 3.61 so im scared if restoring the vita might install the v3.61 in the process, just like what you said :(
If it had downloaded the update, it should be mentioned in the upper bubble.
If it has the notification, delete it, and it should delete the update.
Also, the system wil never update without YOU accepting the EULA contract.

aleighne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you everyone! i took the risk last night of hard resetting it and it was a success :) no force update or anything

mustapha89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you everyone! i took the risk last night of hard resetting it and it was a success :) no force update or anything
Noooooo what have you done you little oh sorry I am in the wrong section again ,have a nice day
Just kidding with you
I always restore my vita with opened WiFi and there is nothing happened ,just in case you restore it again make sure there is no update downloaded in notification and if there is one delete it before resting and every think will be fine.

Reactions: aleighne

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh