[HENKaku Homebrew] The Listing of all VPKs

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by VitaType, Aug 3, 2016.

Aug 3, 2016
  1. Voxel

Member Voxel Resident Vita Guy

United Kingdom
    I see this thread hasn't been updated for a while, but I just wanted to point out a really useful Proof-of-Concept tool TheFlow developed and released about 3 days ago, that apparently still hasn't even been announced on Wololo's front-page yet.

It's called Settings+ and allows you to modify some parts of the Settings app through a replicated plugin and some additional Text/XML files.
    This includes modifying things such as the Version and MAC strings, and the order and appearance of Settings Tabs.

A really useful thing about it, is that you can modify one of the settings tabs, that you never really touch, with the hidden IDU Settings tab, making the need for swapping to IDU mode pretty much almost defunct!

IMG_0183.JPG IMG_0182.JPG
    - Debug Settings doesn't work still, by the way... just shows up as a blank menu. :(
    - Also ignore Sandbox Settings; I saw a part of the XML file which pointed to sandbox_settings.xml, and I was curious to see what would appear. To my joy, it was an error... :glare:

I'll shut up about this now; but you can read up more about it, and get the download, over at Hackinformer's article:
    :arrow: http://hackinformer.com/2016/09/23/poc-settings-for-the-psvita/

VitaType likes this.

2. VitaType
    OP

Member VitaType VPK-List Maker

Germany
    My old answer:
    My new answer:
    Yes, Rinnegatamante is working on it. This is now reachable (I'm still in doubt if we will ever get good framesrates in more hardware demanding games while streaming) thanks to our (new) ability to start games with plugins. This means it only works with dumped games. Here a first impression.

I don't know, never played a real Sega Genesis and I have no clue what are the games for this console which you should try to test a Sega Genesis emulator.
    Before I make a recommendation sole based on other peoples opinion, I prefer to just don't recommend anything over the others.
    You have to try them by yourself or search for a better source for this information. Sorry.

I think that can wait until it's released, right? ;)

It's nice that you add this here :)
    I really don't find the time for the updates atm (searching, testing and adding to the list needs more time as some may believe).
    Good possible that I will do a final update here in the next days.

Last edited by VitaType, Sep 29, 2016
    cvskid likes this.
  3. Voxel

Member Voxel Resident Vita Guy

United Kingdom
    If you're going to do a final update soon, then perhaps I could be of assistance keeping the list fresh? I'd hate to see this become a dead sticky. :(
    If you're usually very busy and can't make the time for this sort of thing, I'll be more-than-willing to lend a helping hand for you!

Better yet, I could transfer this very list over to the Wiki, where it could be one wiki page closer to creating the beloved Vita category I have been pitching to the site for a while now. :)
    A really good benefit of having a Vita homebrew wiki page is that any user may edit that list so that it can continuously be kept up-to-date, even if you and I aren't around! (of course, I will often check in to make sure the list is in good condition myself; polishing the odd mistakes here and there, as I do with the Vitamin Compatability List page).
    Finally, if you create a Wiki page, we have a really neat layout/table system over there so that it is a lot more tidier and aesthetic! (Of course, this thread is still very fantastic as is! :D) You can check out the 3DS and Wii U homebrew wiki pages to see what I am talking about.

If you, alternatively, just want to stick to the current sticky thread we have, that's completely fine. :) A real benefit we have there is that it will attract more visitors, rather than having to redirect to the Wiki page, where no-one really goes to that much anyway.

smokemonster likes this.
  4. VitaType
    OP

Germany
    Change
    The next update will come tomorrow (I think there are ~30-40 old programs to add left, which will slowly be added over this week)

I try to avoid this

If your offer is still valid, I may could need some help (depending on how many programs get released in the next time).
    My plan is to add the programs I have 'archived' in browser tabs and the one I added to a text file over this week (I already was able to close ~75tabs which resulted in some programs to add to the list in the text file) and then to update weekly instead of daily.

The workflow is that I go through the sources and archive programs which have to be added to the list over the week.
    At the weekend I want to test the programs and then write the list entries (short text, link to vpk, github/sourceforge/bitbucket link if available).
    I may could need help with testing and writing of the entries.
    This would mean that I send you the half of the to add programs once a week and you test them and write a short entry for the list (including your name in squared brackets if you want at the end of each entry).
    Then you would send me the entries so that I can add them to the list and I write you back that I'm done with adding.
    After that you should post a changelog for this entries (it would make sense that you post it, this way people can press the thanks link on your post for your work).

I don't give any guarantee for entries in the list here, but I like that they are tested by people from this forums before adding.

Voxel likes this.
  5. VitaType
    OP

Germany
    Changes
    • Added VitaPong Vita (A pong clone by nyorem)
    • Added maidump (It allows you to dump your games and install dumps made with this tool. It's in chinese, for the english translated version see here)
    • Added SafeDump (Enables safe mode for all vpks in a folder. Also known as -s flag, 0x80 safe mode or that-kind-of-vpks-that-don't-have-this-annoying-neg-in-VitaShell)
    • Added QuickInstaller (A nice tool if you want to fast install a bunch of vpks at once. Useful e.g. for RetroArch releases)
    • Added vOpenTyrian (A Vita port of the open-source port of the DOS Shoot ’em up Tyrian. I recommend this version)
    • Added OpenTyrin Vita (A Vita port by z80 of the open-source port of the DOS Shoot ’em up Tyrian. You need to copy your tyrian21.zip to ux0:/data/opentyrian. It's inferior to vOpenTyrian)
    • Added Game Shrinker (Used for saving memorycard space. Game Shrinker automatically searches for manuals, language (text, audio, images) and video files in the game directories and offers you the possibility to shrink them to 0 byte)
    • Added rinCheat (A multifunction plugin for Vita for more information look here)
    • Added rinCheat Assistant (Tool to assist with making cheat files for rinCheat)
    • Added Remumu (A very pink savegame editor for Atelier Meruru Plus: The Alchemist of Arland 3)

If http://gekihen.customprotocol.com is still offline, please consider to try to download vOpenTyrian/Game Shrinker later.

The next update will come tomorrow.

Last edited by VitaType, Oct 4, 2016
    Count Duckula likes this.
  6. VitaType
    OP

Germany
    Changes
    • Added uo_amphetamin (Used to set custom frequency for CPU, Bus and GPU in dumped games. It's the definite version of amphetamin if you don't want much clutter)
    • Added vita-fix-permissions (This little tool adds(!) rw permissions for owner and group to all files (including folders) in ux0:data- This includes the once which are in subfolders and sub-subfolders and so on. More about how this permissons work here)
    • Added vita-savemgr (A easy to use savegame backup/restore tool on your Vita. If you need instructions see here)
    • Added March22 Visual Novel engine (A second atemp for a working March22 Visual Novel engine on Vita. Is working)
    • Added ONElua (Another Lua interpreter. It has a great documentation and supports both Vita and PSP. Used for writing Vita programs)
    • Added Homebrew Without VHBL (A small selection of PSP homebrew with a easy-to-use installer without the need of VHBL)
    • Added VPK Shrink (A lightweight tool for making vpks not need the double space for installation. You can find the output in your user/home folder. Press 0 for using this tool in english. The devs twitter account)
    • Added LuaIRC (A small featureless (to a almost broken point) IRC client from Rinnegatamante. Made without any serious efforts in the try to win the GekiHEN Contest without much work. We know you can do better Rin, we saw it often before ;))
    • Added English translation for IA/VT -COLORFUL- (Allows you to play IA/VT -COLORFUL- in English. Make sure to install the game first)
    • Added English translation for Taiko Drum Master: V Version (Allows you to play Taiko Drum Master: V Version in English. Make sure to install the game first)

A more easy to install version of March22 Visual Novel engine is worked on.
    The next update is scheduled for tomorrow, not sure if I find enough time. If I can't find enoug time the next update will come the day after tomorrow.

Sadly the website of the contest still is down, but 19hours ago it was announced that whatever sparked the problem was located.
    If you want something linked here from http://gekihen.customprotocol.com I recommand to wait until the website is online again since there where some Vita bricking vpks around in the last time.
    Do not install random vpks from the Internet which ask for unsafe-mode permissions while installing with VItaShell (keep in mind that programs compiled before this feature was added to HENkaku automaticly seen as unsafe).

Last edited by VitaType, Oct 5, 2016
  7. Rinnegatamante

Member Rinnegatamante GBAtemp Psycho!

Italy
    Labrirynth 3D a SMALL maze game, tech demo when it has a maze generator with one of the best graphs algorithm allowing you to play infinite mazes and luaIrc a broken featureless IRC client when it has multichannel, private messages support and tons of other stuffs?

This is the time when you understand the kind of people surfing on GBAtemp. Unfollowing this shitty thread too, bb.

8. VitaType
    OP

Germany
    Your definition of tech demo seems to be rather incomplete...

The famous empty tons... But, it's true that I was harsh with my description here.

The good old devs gbatemp hate... bb

Last edited by VitaType, Oct 5, 2016
  9. VitaType
    OP

Germany
    Changes
    • Added FTP PSVita VPK Installer (Allows to install vpks without the need of double space)
    • Added Vitamin (The first published tool that allowes to dump Vita games. I recommand to use maidump nowdays)
    • Added VITAPluginsManager (Allows to easily activate and deactivate plugins for dumped games on your Vita)
    • Added Gibbed's Borderlands 2 Save Editor (A savegame editor for Borderlands 2)
    • Added VPKViewer (A tool that view vpk contents in details, with the ability to edit its access permissions and more)
    • Added Vita Homebrew Downloader (Download and install vpk files on your Vita without using cma or a web browser. Yes it's what you think)
    • Added VPK Mirror Direct Installer (A program that allows to download from vpkmirror.com directly on your Vita)
    00:10 here, lets say I posted that 11mins ago ;)
    Next update in the future (probably) tomorrow (which means today...)

Last edited by VitaType, Oct 26, 2016
  10. proflayton123
    This message by proflayton123 has been removed from public view by Minox, Nov 20, 2016, Reason: This is not the Eof.
    Oct 13, 2016
  11. FlappyJesus

Newcomer FlappyJesus Newbie

Austria
  12. Smoker1

Member Smoker1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Does Homebrew without VHBL work under HENkaku on 3.60???

13. Cortexfou

Newcomer Cortexfou Advanced Member

Belgium
    I have a question that I think the answer is "no" but I ask it anyway :
    Is it possible to port a .exe portable game (I mean, with no installation on PC, just an .exe and some resource files) on the vita ? I don't talk about like a super 4K game but a tiny 8-16bit game.

14. m37r01d

Member m37r01d GBAtemp Regular

United States
    thank you for this, should deff make finding what available much easier to sort through

15. GuyInDogSuit

Member GuyInDogSuit I ain't your pa.

United States
    How do I get Save Manager working? It just says, "Failed to initialize - FFFFF" and then closes.

16. Sonic Angel Knight

Member Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

United States
    There is actually a save manager? I just use molecule to take the save out and put it in a back up safe place until i need it. After i wasn't able to use PSN for cloud saves. Man i just hate the decisions people make for the systems, no save data backup option, and people wonder why the system is getting bad reputation. Least sony has cloud saves, wii u has NOTHING. :wtf:

17. GuyInDogSuit

United States
    It's a homebrew app. I would use Vita Shell but I can't find the save for this particular game (Chaos Rings II).

18. Sonic Angel Knight

United States
    UX0:/User/00/Savedata/(TITLE ID OF GAME) :P

19. GuyInDogSuit

United States
    That's the first place I looked. There's nothing there but folders from games I haven't even played.

20. Sonic Angel Knight

United States
    Is the game you playing a Game card or download from playstation store? Maybe the save data is on the game card or on internal storgae? :unsure:

21. GuyInDogSuit

United States
    It's a dump of Chaos Rings II. PS Mobile game, I think.