[HENKaku Homebrew] The Listing of all VPKs

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by VitaType, Aug 3, 2016.

1. smokemonster

smokemonster Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2015
    I told you so!! I love it when I get to say that :D

2. Pendor

Pendor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 11, 2008
    United States
    I think this goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway since not many people are mentioning it: This right here applies to every homebrew out there, mine included (AccountSwitcher). There's nothing stopping a dev from sending your credentials to a remote server. If possible, always compile from source and, if you're going the precompiled route, make sure the package is from reputable sources.

In AccountSwitcher's case, I know there's no source available. It's my first c app (I'm more of a c# guy) and I'm not really confortable with the state of my code yet. I have nothing to hide, of course, but I completely understand if someone wouldn't want to use the precompiled builds.

Anyway, my point being: don't just blindly installing everything. Compile it yourself or make sure its from someone you trust.

3. VitaType
    OP

VitaType GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/henkaku-homebrew-the-listing-of-all-vpks.436535/page-7#post-6615919

Good point, I agree.

Last edited by VitaType, Aug 23, 2016
    Pendor likes this.
  4. Transdude1996

Transdude1996 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2011
    United States
    Colorado Springs, CO
    VitaType likes this.
  5. Sinthetix

Sinthetix Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2016
    Romania
    It would be better to bring back PSM Dev for Unity, then even piracy is not needed, a lot of cool games will be available.

6. VitaType
    OP

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Alot of changes today, mainly because in the last 1.5-2 days I wasn't updating the list properly (shame on me).
    In this time we had a new not-encrypted (maybe even unencrypted as the publisher claims?) game published (Tokyo Xanadu), a new toy called uriCaller, a couple of homebrew games (Wanted, vitaHexenII, Super Hero Chronicles, TextQuest) and some new tools released.
    What is left? I want to add a Sega and a Arati section under "By company" in the emulator post. Also I heard that mednafen_vb_libretro.vpk is able to play NES games, if that is true I have to add it to the NES box in the emulator list. This isn't something for today since I have to add the new +1's from this thread to the first post (if you're bored or just in the right mood you could share your favorite Vitagames there too :)).

Changes
    • Added Tokyo Xanadu (to share that would be piracy therefore no link here, but there is a not-encrypted version of Tokyo Xanadu. You need two files called xanadu.vpk.rar (large) and xanadu0.vpk.rar)
    • Added Wanted (Clone of the game Wanted! from Super Mario 64 DS and New Super Mario Bros. Warning: It uses these disturbing internet troll face)
    • Added vitaHexenII (Hexen II, the famous FPS from Raven Software published by id Software)
    • Added Super Hero Chronicles (A very early version Shoot 'em up with comic book art-style, only download it if you want to see what may is coming next to the Vita)
    • Added TextQuest (A simple Vita choose your own adventure text game. Let yourself be enchanted by the magic of your imagination)
    Thanks for supporting this list with this link and the community with this program :)

Thanks for supporting this list with this link :)

Last edited by VitaType, Aug 24, 2016
    UltiNaruto likes this.
  7. VitaType
    OP

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Change
    • Added RegistryEditor (Simple app that allows you to read and edit all registry settings in an organized manner)

memomo likes this.
  8. TwilightWarrior

TwilightWarrior GBATEMP'S Official Boss

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS
    any way to put vpk files with a wire? File zilla takes very long for me.

9. jimmyleen

jimmyleen GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 28, 2016
    I don't know about everyone else but the vitarw vpk is not compatible with henkaku 4 on my psvita. It's giving me the error 0x8001001E.

Last edited by jimmyleen, Sep 1, 2016
  10. Andrelol15

Andrelol15 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hello you can move the vpk backup from the vitiam to the ux0 pspemu/PSP/SAVEDATA than put it into the any one savedata and start cma from the pc and drag the vpk file from the savedate into the pc.
    Vitamin 1.1 not the omegan is the beta its comes the error message you need the vitiam 1.1 from youtube =)

Last edited by Andrelol15, Sep 1, 2016
  11. Shinigati

Shinigati GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2012
    It works just fine, restart your vita and try again..

12. aos10

aos10 how i fotochop?

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    edit:wrong thread

13. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Is there a VPK for PSP picodrive on the latest version?:unsure:

14. VitaType
    OP

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    I hadn't much time in the last 1-2 weeks (maybe even 3?) and because of that the update process of the list was slowed down (almost zero).
    Now I should have the time to do daily updates again.

Change

I have to work through more posts/sites then expected :blush: I will contiue adding from the old releases tomorrow (and the emulator section will be updated in the next days, too)

Haven't seen a vpk for the latest version of picodrive. I will inform you if I stumble over it.

@ObeSeeker maybe you can find something new in this update :)

Last edited by VitaType, Sep 12, 2016
    memomo, Venom Intellect and ObeSeeker like this.
  15. ObeSeeker

ObeSeeker Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2013
    United States
    hehe, thank you for updating the list. I have been wondering when will a text editor will be released. I loved the pspwrite homebrew back in the day.

16. Bryon15

Bryon15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    united states
  17. VitaType
    OP

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    I tried the link and it's working for me now, maybe parts of the amazon cloud where down 57min ago.
    Please try it again, this is the link from the offical website www.mgba.io and therefore it should (always) work.

I uploaded todays build here just in case that the offical link still isn't working for you.
    Have fun with your favorite GBA games :)

18. Bryon15

Bryon15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    united states
    Thank you. I got it. For some reason the link didn't work on my desktop. I had to use my tablet. Then transfer it from the tablet to the computer. Not sure why. Oh well. :)

Edit: What's the best sega genesis emulator in your opinion?

Last edited by Bryon15, Sep 13, 2016
  19. VitaType
    OP

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Change
    • Added

20. Joel16

Joel16 Ils ne passeront pas

May 8, 2011
    United States