[HENKaku Homebrew] The Listing of all VPKs

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by VitaType, Aug 3, 2016.

1. VitaType
    OP

VitaType GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Last edited by VitaType, Aug 20, 2016
    lucks likes this.

2. VitaType
    OP

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Not much for now, but a way to activate Vitas on 3.60 without updateing.
    I assume everyone who can need that will be really happy by having this now ;)

Change
    • Added Vita Activator (can be used for activating your Vita without needing to acces PSN, from ZombieWizzard, please remind that you give your account details into a strangers program here even if ZombieWizzard is a known dev. I looked through the source code, seems to be clean but the source isn't necessary the one used to compile this program) [website alternative and PHP script]

Edit: I really should make some new subcategories for the programs in Programs>Other...

Last edited by VitaType, Aug 20, 2016
    cvskid likes this.
  3. Voxel

Voxel Fable Junkie

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    ahhhhh, there's nothing really quite like the sweet essence of fearmongering... :D
    I can't really say anything myself anyway since I already tried this out lol (and miserably got an "activation failed" message...)

And to be honest, collecting login details through something like this is, just for the sake of stealing login details, would seem to be a very low-life and evil thing to do anyway, so I wouldn't suspect that the author would design the app to do such a thing like that...

And even if he did that and just edited out the bit of login-stealing code before uploading his source, someone can just recompile that said source without the code, carefully compare the two binaries, and rumble him...

Oh, I see you edited your post already? Nevermind then... Carry on. :P

Last edited by Voxel, Aug 20, 2016
  4. VitaType
    OP

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    I haven't edited it that much ;)
    Also every vpk-program would be able to steal the PSN account details, but I think reminding the people here to not give PSN account details to everyone isn't a wrong thing or even fear-mongering.

Pendor and Voxel like this.
  5. Tex_McBladeSword

Tex_McBladeSword Im Insane! From Earth!

May 16, 2015
    United States
    Wherever I am Needed
    There is NeoPop Vita as well for NGP and NGP Color

VitaType likes this.
  6. VitaType
    OP

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Change
    I wanted to wait for that until it is completely done, but since the process of undubbing is fairly slow here and it is fairly complete now I added it to the list. The Instructions.txt in the linked folder tells the progress which was made.

7. Maav

Maav Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2009
    Brazil
    Shouldn't the Tokyo Xanadu vpk (called xanadu.vpk.rar and xanadu0.vpk.rar) be added here, just like the Adventure Time one?

VitaType likes this.
  8. MrComputerRevo

MrComputerRevo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2013
    Is VitaRW vpk working for anyone? For me running it just makes everything crash afterwards, or is it supposed to be like that?

9. VitaType
    OP

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Change

Thanks, I will check this.

Yes, I should add this. I will do it with the next update.
    Thanks for supporting this list with an idea :)

Last edited by VitaType, Aug 22, 2016
  10. DreamPiggy

DreamPiggy Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Add three PSV Vita2D game. Which use the full PSV resolution(960*544) and touch screen and Henkaku Graphics API. The origin author's blog(Chinese) is here:
    http://www.leestorm.com

Hope you enjoy these games and support PSV homebrew & Indie game developer from China ;D

1) Pet SameGame: http://www.leestorm.com/zb_users/upload/2016/8/doggytwicevt0.2.zip
    [​IMG]

2) Spider Solitaire: http://www.leestorm.com/zb_users/upload/2016/8/SpiderVita1.2.zip
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3) Mine Sweeper: http://www.leestorm.com/zb_users/upload/2016/8/Minesweeper1.1.zip
    [​IMG]

Last edited by DreamPiggy, Aug 22, 2016
    VitaType likes this.
  11. VitaType
    OP

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    @DreamPiggy Thank you very much for supporting this list with a bunch of nice games :)

Change
    • Added doggytwicevt (It's a variation of Lights-Out, from here)
    • Added SpiderVita (A Spider Solitaire game. You probably know these game from your Windows installation, from here)
    • Added Minesweeper (A Minesweeper clone, from here)

Last edited by VitaType, Aug 22, 2016
  12. UltiNaruto

UltiNaruto GBAtemp Regular

Sep 4, 2015
    France
    Could you add VitaPadClient-java in the category Other like you did for Graphical VitaPad Client?

VitaType likes this.
  13. jimmyleen

jimmyleen GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 28, 2016
    Running vitarw.vpk on 3.60 does nothing for me, all it shows is unmounting & mounting partitions with id 0x0 through 0x800. Than when I try to do anything in vs0:App my vita locks me out, what a fucking joke.

Edit: Also the vitarw.vpk soft bricks my vita

Last edited by jimmyleen, Aug 22, 2016
  14. Shinigati

Shinigati GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2012
    Firstly, calm down.. second, make sure you are not opening any system apps like settings or web browser etc once you launch VitaRW the vita gets crashes and errors so you should only open VitaShell and then restart once you're done with it.

15. Sinthetix

Sinthetix Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2016
    Romania
    There must be some instruction on screen about using this application. I don't mean general instructions but it has a kind of trick, it starts unmounting/mounting process and sometimes stops at 0x800 and freezes, you must then press PS button one time and return back to application, then it continues mounting/unmounting process till it closes itself how it normally should be...

16. jimmyleen

jimmyleen GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 28, 2016
    So you're saying that when I turn on the vita I should only start vitarw and vitashell and nothing else? Unfortunately I need to turn on the vita and I would need to run the offline installer or the browser in order to start vitashell and vitarw. After all the exploit has to be implemented somehow right?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

This is exactly what happens to me all of the time and I can't get around it. Either the vpk is not compiled correctly or vitarw is not created correctly, its one of the two.

Last edited by jimmyleen, Aug 23, 2016
  17. Shinigati

Oct 31, 2012
    No, VitaRW was not meant to have any instructions because it was only meant to be used by those who are smart enough to know how to compile but others had shared it anyway, it's very dangerous if not used right and should not be used by amataurs unless you know what you are doing or following instructions very carefully.. i have used it plenty of times btw and 99% of the time it does the mounting and unmounting thing but it still works just fine afterwards.

I never said that.. i meant AFTER starting VitaRW you should not do anything else other than using vitashell and/ or running ftp from your pc and when you're done messing around with the partitions simply reset your vita and don't run VitaRW again.

18. jimmyleen

jimmyleen GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 28, 2016
    Okay I got it done by starting vitarw once and then pressing the PS button once and going back to vitrw again.

Edit: the real instructions are not good for vitrw

19. Sinthetix

Sinthetix Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2016
    Romania
    I think as there is already a public tutorial on Wololo: SKFU releases ? Package Installer Unlock on the retail PS Vita! which involves directly this application, then it IS automatically meant for people who didn't write a line of code in their life but want to enable packager. Personally I used it one time when enabled packager then I deleted it, but as I said there should be at least mentioned somewhere about that mounting/unmounting trick.

Last edited by Sinthetix, Aug 23, 2016
  20. Shinigati

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah but Major_Tom purposely did not release the compiled version for the same reasons mentioned above, and that tutorial was only written from some users of the community but if any of the devs were to release package installer officially then they would probably just write something that involves using VitaRW in their code with a restart or unmount function to prevent people messing up their vita, one person has already completely bricked by deleting os0.