Hacking (HENkaku) Homebrew Request Thread

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
No, I'm good for Dual Shock 3 and 4 controllers (got three of the former and two of the latter). The point is that I want a good controller for fighting games and arcade-style games, and the Dual Shock ain't it. I'd like to use a Saturn style controller, or the Hori arcade stick I recently got, but neither of those work on a Playstation TV by default.
Am, try swap controller parts?
Never checked insides, but why not try?
Because you need only design :)

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am, try swap controller parts?
Never checked insides, but why not try?
Because you need only design :)

I've given that some thought. I know that's the way some people have built fight sticks for their Playstation 3s... using the PCB from a Dual Shock or another compatible controller and soldering in buttons from another source. I DID get that adapter fixed and I do have a wider variety of controllers I can use with my PSTV, but it's added a lot of wires to the set up and it's not really an ideal solution.

That freaking Hori Fighting Stick 3 doesn't work with the PSTV (or the PC, or the Xbox 360) even with that adapter. So I may end up having to build a homemade fight stick. Oh joy.

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
I have both PS TV and Vita and each time when I play a game on one of these systems save data advancing on that system's memory, also when I delete a game from Vita it deletes its save data too.

Wouldnt it be great to have a homebrew which synchronize the save data to a folder on pc via ftp and replace the save data with the newer save date ?

Reactions: XC-3730C

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both PS TV and Vita and each time when I play a game on one of these systems save data advancing on that system's memory, also when I delete a game from Vita it deletes its save data too.

Wouldnt it be great to have a homebrew which synchronize the save data to a folder on pc via ftp and replace the save data with the newer save date ?
I would love to be able to play Axiom Verge on my Vita, then continue on my PSTV, and vice versa...

Reactions: ali_ihsan21

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
Well a 1 TB Samsung storage is connected to PS TV and even if it that wasnt the case isnt it something bothering to swap cards each time when you progress on a certain system ?

PSN Plus is the best solution but costy and sooner or later 3.60 can stop working on that service, right ?

I mean there is already officially such a service that means its necessary and functiıonal.

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Well a 1 TB Samsung storage is connected to PS TV and even if it that wasnt the case isnt it something bothering to swap cards each time when you progress on a certain system ?

PSN Plus is the best solution but costy and sooner or later 3.60 can stop working on that service, right ?

I mean there is already officially such a service that means its necessary and functiıonal.
RinCheat then, dump to pc save, then import on ps tv...

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to see the ability to map touch screen controls (front or back) to L2/R2 shoulder buttons (for those that have grips with L2/R2 buttons).

I would also like to be able to stream from my Vita to my PSTV, or some sort of save game sync between the two without needing PSN

Last edited by XC-3730C,
Reactions: ali_ihsan21

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw PPSSPP on the list. I'll look forward to that one since we'd be able to play PSP games in the Vita's native res. Also, did anyone ask about something that will capture Vita footage similar to NTRCFW for N3DS?

asdfqwer426

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can here to request Movian to the vita, and sure enough, the very last post was requesting the same thing!

Movian is an open source media player program that has been ported to PS3, Linux, Android, Mac, Raspberry pi, as well as a chrome App. It's been around for a few years, and is pretty darn great.

I'll admit I know nothing about programming, but I would think from a programming point of view, having this program be open source and available on many different platforms already, a vita port wouldn't be out of the question.

If anyone has any insight into this, PLEASE let us know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey