Hacking (HENkaku) Homebrew Request Thread

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remove restrictions on the games remote play can be used with on ps3. I wanna play sonic adventure on vita :D
You can its on the ps3 side. Its just the param.sfo that has the flag to deem a ps3 game is remote playable. A sfo editor can give u the option of change it. But some games still wont work like gtav

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can its on the ps3 side. Its just the param.sfo that has the flag to deem a ps3 game is remote playable. A sfo editor can give u the option of change it. But some games still wont work like gtav
Well i dunno i just thought of some games like sonic adventure i could be playing on my vita or psp, or marvel vs capcom or street fighter guilty gear.... skull girls.... Okay i gues i made my point. Some games can work, i mean not all games require 2 analog sticks and trigger buttons. Most games were on dreamcast anyway back when 6 buttons was enough for a game. :P

I remember used to complaining about how some ps3 games can play music on HDD in back groud but not all, so i was worried about that too. :D

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i dunno i just thought of some games like sonic adventure i could be playing on my vita or psp, or marvel vs capcom or street fighter guilty gear.... skull girls.... Okay i gues i made my point. Some games can work, i mean not all games require 2 analog sticks and trigger buttons. Most games were on dreamcast anyway back when 6 buttons was enough for a game. :P

I remember used to complaining about how some ps3 games can play music on HDD in back groud but not all, so i was worried about that too. :D
When I said some games dont work I dont mean due to lack of buttons, as the back touch pad can be used for l2/r2 and l3/r3 on the front or back. I ment that even with a sfo edit the games like gtav will boot but it wont respond to controls. Idk why as if the processing power is maxed via the game running in remoteplay mode and cant handle any more

AceTest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
Just because how god awful the vita browser is most the time, is anyone willing to try and port Opera browser?
I would be so so thankful and appreciate that!
Thanks if anyone is even considering doing this :)

Retrovirus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would want a way to port a Gamemaker game like undertale to vita. I know its possible to port RPG maker 00/03 games so it may be possible in this case too. If anyone considers or knows anything about how to port to vita let me know.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which do you like most?
Genesis plus gx is what you call day one showcase, it was made on day henkaku was revealed. It has support for Genesis games, master system, and game gear. Excpt all files must be in zip archives. (Each game) It has no framerate issues, and gameplay is well but the sound is constantly broken as in Trying to sync constantly. It has 3 button support, so no streets of rage 3 street fighter 2 or beyond oasis or tojeam and earl panic on funkotron extra Shortcuts. Also save states are broken, you can save but never load. There is one issue however, if you load a genesis game before game gear, the game resolution will be messed up and reduced to top left box in the corner, closing the app then running game again fixes it. Make sure if you play game gear, to be the first choice before genesis games.

Pico drive on PSP has Sega cd support, (BIOS REQUIRED) frame skip, save states, 6 button controller, more config options for video and emulation. It works with almost every genesis game as long as they aren't hacks or homebrew roms huge in file size. (Most likely the game works) It has many options and such making it really good. Except since is a psp emulator it doesnt have the 444mhz processing but 333mhz, which probably isn't so bad. It does have more options and features even sega cd, but no master system or game gear, Having a second emultaor like masterboy plays GG SMS and even GBC games so is something to think about.

SInce i haven't used retro arch i dunno. sorry :P

I personally may suggest pico drive, it is more developed and have more common emulator features that the genesis plus doesn't yet. If it ever gets updated. But for now, i find myself wanting to use pico drive since it has save states and 6 button support for most the games i play like street fighter II streets of rage 3 Beyond oasis, and panic on funkotron. But if you want game gear and sms, either use master boy another psp emu that has GBC also or the genensis plus gx, I think you should try both just to see for yourself :)

gbadl

Trophies
XP
Country
A vpk installer for user of PSP save transfer method that should have an option of installing extracted VPK files this would save a lot of time because for vpk that are 4 gb there would be no need for double the space on the limited size memory card. I know VPKShrink and VitaOrganizer exist but both those methods require ftp which can be dangerous if connected to your main internet router.

More details about the ftp method is on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/507inp/for_anyone_who_will_not_have_the_space_to_have/
but my request is a simplified method that would just require extracting the vpk to a folder on pc and transfer to Vita using PSP save method then the vpk installer would take care of the files without requiring double space.

edit- Actually it wouldn't really being installing the data, more like moving the game data to the correct folder.

Last edited by gbadl,

AceTest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A vpk installer for user of PSP save transfer method that should have an option of installing extracted VPK files this would save a lot of time because for vpk that are 4 gb there would be no need for double the space on the limited size memory card. I know VPKShrink and VitaOrganizer exist but both those methods require ftp which can be dangerous if connected to your main internet router.

More details about the ftp method is on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/507inp/for_anyone_who_will_not_have_the_space_to_have/
but my request is a simplified method that would just require extracting the vpk to a folder on pc and transfer to Vita using PSP save method then the vpk installer would take care of the files without requiring double space.

edit- Actually it wouldn't really being installing the data, more like moving the game data to the correct folder.
Exactly what i want as well. It is very difficult transferring 3 gig files over ftp...thats just way too time consuming :c

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
a request i would like to make is henkaku bein sticked to the fw. permanently, i have this wifi issue on my slim vita (it was the same when i had the fat vita)

like i have to manually go over to settings-network and manually connect my wifi every single time, even though the wifi option in the quick settings is always on :l it is very frustrating.

i thought about the offline installer method but having to go through this

"Wait about 10-20 seconds. You might get a "Please wait" screen multiple times. You might also get an "An error has occurred" screen multiple times. If you get any of these more than five times in a row, reboot your Vita and try again."

every time isnt much better XD ..

edit: and through wifi it hasnt been a breeze either, got this error "C2-12828-1" a couple of times ,up until i cleared cookies history/rebooted vita only then it ran henkaku ,reminds me of the 3ds cfw when it was first out . (the browserhax thing, and gw needing to be run through the browser XD)
sincerely hoping , that henkaku becomes a full cfw thing, like with A9LH (3ds, sorry to be comparing, but we can dream right?!)

guys what do you do in order to always have it ready? i assume the majority of you dont turn off your vitas in order not to have to go through enabling wifi/or email in order to run henkaku ya?

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought about the offline installer method but having to go through this
The offline installer actully allows it to reactivate when you don't have access to browser so it would be the only other solution, until a actual permapatch is found. So Sorry if there is problems. It is like that for now, give it a few months or something, is still relevantly new. The vita shell hasn't even gotten to version 1.0 yet. Expect bugs on everything. :P

Exactly what i want as well. It is very difficult transferring 3 gig files over ftp...thats just way too time consuming :c
The problem is the vita itself has to install the data with the installer cause is the only way to actually do it right. I actually did this myself.

• Install game.
  • Copy game folder contents to different part of memory card
  • Delete app from live area
  • Copy game back to original location
  • Game still gone.
The system must install the game that way cause if it doesn't the vita won't recognize it to be available or launchable cause there is no game bubble to load it with. Is the encryption of the file system. Is not much like other consoles. Just like the 3DS needs tickets to allow the game to be recognized on the system (If you have the game installed) The vita needs a way to tell just the same way, as of now the VPK has that information and the only way to properly install it and get it working is to do it with the system itself.

Though i do understand the fustration of the DOUBLE SIZE requirement. So i also agree there should be a easier way, like direct rip to install without first needing to dump. Though i feel bad for the people who wanna use the plugins like the steroid or rincheat who can't unless they dump it. This issue is my top priority personally with PSN bought games which are already installed on the console, then dumped to install just to allow it to work?

If the game is bought from PSN then vitamin really doesn't need to be used. The purpose of vitamin is to back up game carts to memory card so you don't have to use it anymore. It also removes DRM but still you already have the game installed on the Memory card so is there a reason besides DRM and Sharing or plugins to dump PSN titles? I hope this changes soon.

gbadl

Trophies
XP
Country
The offline installer actully allows it to reactivate when you don't have access to browser so it would be the only other solution, until a actual permapatch is found. So Sorry if there is problems. It is like that for now, give it a few months or something, is still relevantly new. The vita shell hasn't even gotten to version 1.0 yet. Expect bugs on everything. :P

The problem is the vita itself has to install the data with the installer cause is the only way to actually do it right. I actually did this myself.

• Install game.
  • Copy game folder contents to different part of memory card
  • Delete app from live area
  • Copy game back to original location
  • Game still gone.
The system must install the game that way cause if it doesn't the vita won't recognize it to be available or launchable cause there is no game bubble to load it with. Is the encryption of the file system. Is not much like other consoles. Just like the 3DS needs tickets to allow the game to be recognized on the system (If you have the game installed) The vita needs a way to tell just the same way, as of now the VPK has that information and the only way to properly install it and get it working is to do it with the system itself.

Though i do understand the fustration of the DOUBLE SIZE requirement. So i also agree there should be a easier way, like direct rip to install without first needing to dump. Though i feel bad for the people who wanna use the plugins like the steroid or rincheat who can't unless they dump it. This issue is my top priority personally with PSN bought games which are already installed on the console, then dumped to install just to allow it to work?

If the game is bought from PSN then vitamin really doesn't need to be used. The purpose of vitamin is to back up game carts to memory card so you don't have to use it anymore. It also removes DRM but still you already have the game installed on the Memory card so is there a reason besides DRM and Sharing or plugins to dump PSN titles? I hope this changes soon.

Well the method I linked to it is possible without requiring double space. But it is a manual method:
On your PC, open up the .vpk with a program like WinRAR. In there, extract out only the eboot.bin + sce_sys folder. Place those two files into a .zip, then rename that .zip to a .vpk file.

Transfer that file via FTP to your Vita. Then, install that .vpk file to your PSVita with VitaShell.

Afterwards, copy over the rest of the game contents with FileZilla into the folder that the vpk installation created.

And no, you cannot copy all of the game's contents (including eboot) at once, because when you install those files with VitaShell, you are making it remake the eboot.bin and sce_sys folders so that the game will work with your specific system.

Hope this helps all of you (like me) with small cards! Don't forget that you need to be in Henkaku mood to enable booting these games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1