Hacking [Help] WUP Installer GX2 stuck on 0% with no returning error

ER_Mac3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, I've being doing some installs lately and everything was going accordingly, GC injected games, EShop, WiiU, and suddenly on the same day it just didn't install anymore. WUP Installer is stuck on 0% with no error messages returning. I tried formatting the SD Card, deleting some games on the HDD (which still has a lot of space in it), tried different kinds of games (Wii USB Helper/GC injected/Wii injected) and nothing works. Did anyone go through the same issue here? Anyone has a solution? Thanks in advance!

ER_Mac3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Try installing games with wup installer y mod that way we can see if its a issue with y mod or some other issue.

Just tried it, after confirming the installation folder, setting it to USB drive, it showed the installation screen on 0% and quickly went back to the folder selection screen with no progress. So I figured I would try the obvious I've been avoiding and try installing to Nand, which worked on both versions of WUP Installer. Does that mean my HDD might've corrupted somehow? It still has plenty of space left so that shouldn't be a problem. It's strange cause the games have no trouble at all creating save datas on the HDD, but installation via WUP Installer is not really happening.

Reactions: IiZabrakiI

tooknie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I've being doing some installs lately and everything was going accordingly, GC injected games, EShop, WiiU, and suddenly on the same day it just didn't install anymore. WUP Installer is stuck on 0% with no error messages returning. I tried formatting the SD Card, deleting some games on the HDD (which still has a lot of space in it), tried different kinds of games (Wii USB Helper/GC injected/Wii injected) and nothing works. Did anyone go through the same issue here? Anyone has a solution? Thanks in advance!
I have the same problem, in fact the WiiU has been freezing during install of larger games recently and now it is stuck at 0% on any game I try and install to HDD. Tried newest version of WUP installer GX2 and it didn't help. Haven't tried Y mod yet, I'll give that a go, thanks Marko76. Interestingly it would install a smaller game (1.5GB) to the nand, and then I used the WiiU data management to transfer to USB, however as I have a white WiiU, that won't work for larger games.

ER_Mac3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have the same problem, in fact the WiiU has been freezing during install of larger games recently and now it is stuck at 0% on any game I try and install to HDD. Tried newest version of WUP installer GX2 and it didn't help. Haven't tried Y mod yet, I'll give that a go, thanks Marko76. Interestingly it would install a smaller game (1.5GB) to the nand, and then I used the WiiU data management to transfer to USB, however as I have a white WiiU, that won't work for larger games.

That exactly my case, was gonna report it here right now that I tried transfering the Nand installed game to USB (with success), but just like you, I have the white 4gb model, which is not really a solution for bigger games.

tooknie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That exactly my case, was gonna report it here right now that I tried transfering the Nand installed game to USB (with success), but just like you, I have the white 4gb model, which is not really a solution for bigger games.
I recently reformatted my HDD and ran it through HDD Sentinel, with no errors reported. I had been reinstalling my games but then ran in to this problem. I have tried a different SD card; I was thinking of re formatting the HDD and resetting the WiiU back to factory settings next (although this will require re-installation of haxchi, which makes me nervous). I'll let you know how it goes.

Reactions: ER_Mac3

ER_Mac3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I recently reformatted my HDD and ran it through HDD Sentinel, with no errors reported. I had been reinstalling my games but then ran in to this problem. I have tried a different SD card; I was thinking of re formatting the HDD and resetting the WiiU back to factory settings next (although this will require re-installation of haxchi, which makes me nervous). I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks! I'll be waiting for the report, and good luck with Haxchi!

TruckerKevin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, I have either the same problem or similar, I just joined to post about this issue but saw this thread. For me, Wup installer or disc2drive neither one will rip or transfer a game to my external usb, and just stays on 0%. I did discover, however, that both these programs will allow me to rip to the system nand, and from there I can use the WiiU native transfer utility to move the game from the system to the usb drive without incident, and the game plays just fine. While this is a workaround, it is somewhat of a pain as it is terribly time consuming. I was just wondering if and where I went wrong?

I am new to this mod and just hacked my WiiU yesterday. I missed the part where I was supposed to install wup installer to the hdd if I had an hdd connected, which I did have one but instead I installed to the system. I have since deleted and reinstalled wup installer to the usb drive but this hasn’t fixed the issue

ER_Mac3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Interesting, I have either the same problem or similar, I just joined to post about this issue but saw this thread. For me, Wup installer or disc2drive neither one will rip or transfer a game to my external usb, and just stays on 0%. I did discover, however, that both these programs will allow me to rip to the system nand, and from there I can use the WiiU native transfer utility to move the game from the system to the usb drive without incident, and the game plays just fine. While this is a workaround, it is somewhat of a pain as it is terribly time consuming. I was just wondering if and where I went wrong?

I am new to this mod and just hacked my WiiU yesterday. I missed the part where I was supposed to install wup installer to the hdd if I had an hdd connected, which I did have one but instead I installed to the system. I have since deleted and reinstalled wup installer to the usb drive but this hasn’t fixed the issue

Would certainly be interesting to know if this is a problem, cause I always used WUP straight from SD Card, ever since I began using it. Never even tried moving it to USB.

IiZabrakiI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am having the same issue as well.
I have tried Rev 15 and 20 of WUP installer GX2 as well as the Wup installer gx2 rxp channel and i can't get it to work going to my Wii U formatted HDD.
However I did try it using a Wii U formatted USB drive instead and it worked fine :/.
Don't really want to re-format the hard drive as I have already put quite a bit on it.

tooknie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! I'll be waiting for the report, and good luck with Haxchi!
@ER_Mac3 - I reset my WiiU and reinstalled Haxchi. Wup Installer GX2 (most recent release) now purring away installing games to USB. I know it is a pain if you have a lot of games to re-install but it seems to work if all else fails!

IiZabrakiI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@ER_Mac3 - I reset my WiiU and reinstalled Haxchi. Wup Installer GX2 (most recent release) now purring away installing games to USB. I know it is a pain if you have a lot of games to re-install but it seems to work if all else fails!
Did you have to format the HDD again or just the Wii U itself. And by reinstall Haxchii you mean the whole web exploit again ? Sorry for all of the questions.

tooknie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you have to format the HDD again or just the Wii U itself. And by reinstall Haxchii you mean the whole web exploit again ? Sorry for all of the questions.
reset the WiiU to factory settings and therefore had to use the web browser 'loadiine.ovh' exploit to get on the eshop (I'm on 5.5.1) & download the host game to then install Haxchi over. I did reformat the HDD as it is no longer identified as being associated with the console and the games have to be re-installed anyway.

Not a great solution as it is a lot of work to put it all back together, maybe someone smarter than me can figure out what exactly is wrong and devise a solution that does not involve resetting the whole console setup.

But if you get really stuck there is a solution.

IiZabrakiI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok. Thank you for the info. Thankfully I have my USB flash drive, I can install a bunch on there and then move them over to the HDD all at once. It's a but faster than SD TO Nand to HDD two at a time.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try WUP Installer GX2 mod, the latest version of WUP Installer. Based on Y Mod. It's on the HBAS.

ER_Mac3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Where are you running WUP from? HBL or Home Menu?
I'm currently launching it from HBL.

reset the WiiU to factory settings and therefore had to use the web browser 'loadiine.ovh' exploit to get on the eshop (I'm on 5.5.1) & download the host game to then install Haxchi over. I did reformat the HDD as it is no longer identified as being associated with the console and the games have to be re-installed anyway.

Not a great solution as it is a lot of work to put it all back together, maybe someone smarter than me can figure out what exactly is wrong and devise a solution that does not involve resetting the whole console setup.

But if you get really stuck there is a solution.

Damn, that's WORK. But maybe it's the only way. Thanks for the report!

ER_Mac3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The info I can get you right now is:
  • SD Card formatting didn't help.
  • Tried opening space on HDD in spite of it showing a huge amount of space (maybe it was a fake 1TB) but it didn't work too.
  • Y Mod and GX2 versions of WUP Installer tried and failed (both stuck on 0%, Y mod returning to folder selection).
  • Games can easily create content (saves) inside HDD, I can also copy installed games from Nand to HDD (so the problem is most likely not on the HDD).
  • Reports here show re-formatting HDD didn't solve the issue.
  • Tried many types of games: Wii USB Helper packages and also manually injected packages for GC, both with the same results.
  • Reports here show reinstalling all mods and Haxchi on Wii U solve the issue.
Seems to me like something on the mod side went corrupt in the processes, but I'm a real noob in these things (don't even know how the apps relate to Haxchi and so on in the processing side of things) so I won't be able to rationalize any further than this unfortunately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr