Hacking Help with WiiU playing backups

MikeTheDoctor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

Firstly apologies for being dense, there is so much to take in with WiiU modding im getting really muddled.

I am not the most tech minded person however do have some history with techie stuff, I have however hacked other consoled (JTAG / Drive firmware on xbox, bannerbomb on Wii), I am a fully qualified computer maintenance and repair engineer, I currently work in a window server support environment and I am still struggling to find the most basic of answers.

I have a WiiU with 5.4 firmware and I am trying to figure out how to play copied games. I gather I am on a exploitable firmware, I just need to figure out how to do it. I've read the Sticky's and appreciate all the work that has gone in to writing these.

From what I read, I need to run the exploit on one of the various sites that are listed (Or I could host it myself on a local webserver which is more reliable?).

I have a few questions,

Do I need to block the Wii from updating before doing this? Does the WiiU update automatically? I'm not bothered at all about playing online or accessing the shop and not even fussed if the Wii has a internet connection. Also, do I need to go the one of these sites each time I want to play or will it add an item to my front page menu

Then is it just going to one of the websites in the list? Will it give me a option to run a game from a local USB drive?

Again, Im so sorry for being so n00bish. If someone could spell out to me step by step what I need to do I would love you forever!!

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What you want is already done.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/

To answer a few specifics real fast. No USB, and you must launch the webpage every time you turn the wii u off or enter the Wii U settings. As well as entering or exiting vWii mode.

For 5.4.0, I believe most of the pages are updated to support it, but it's been seen way more reliable to self host on 5.4.0. It's also the case on 5.3.2, but it seems to be worse on 5.4.0 as far as running from a hosted site. You're welcome to try the online sites though, but make sure you internet conection (on the wii u) is using the tubehax DNS server as DNS 1, and just leave DNS 2 blank

Last edited by EclipseSin,
Reactions: MikeTheDoctor

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, block updates first or you'll be posting a "how do I downgrade" thread soon (which is impossible).

Research self hosting if you're on 5.4. Online sites rarely work for me on 5.4

Reactions: MikeTheDoctor

MikeTheDoctor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys, really helpful. Last question I promise, if I dont use a USB drive, would I host the games on a PC server or on SD card

kimmy2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I just got mine working. I am hosting my files on a wifi share card (Flashair) which effectively removes all internet connections so no accidental updates possible.

Last edited by kimmy2000,

redbunnyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so.... I backed up a game with ddd, and I'm confused on how I'm supposed to play that backup. I've looked everywhere and everyone always points to this thread, but this thread doesn't answer that. Am I just stone dumb or is there somewhere else I need to be looking?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so.... I backed up a game with ddd, and I'm confused on how I'm supposed to play that backup. I've looked everywhere and everyone always points to this thread, but this thread doesn't answer that. Am I just stone dumb or is there somewhere else I need to be looking?
Do a search for "loadiine gx2". The first post will tell you what folders from the dump to move to the SD and how to arrange them. Come back here after if you have more questions

eddiejo6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes, block updates first or you'll be posting a "how do I downgrade" thread soon (which is impossible).

Research self hosting if you're on 5.4. Online sites rarely work for me on 5.4

When you say impossible do you mean 100% impossible even with an IOSU exploit?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.