Hacking help with tiny chao garden saving? ez flash iv sonic advance

nintendogod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello i am a newbie to this site. whenever i try to save and quit on sonic advance it willl freeze, return to the title screen, and the tiny chao garden will be the same as it would if you were just starting the game. i looked aroun d and people say the only answer is to patch it with SRAM and RTC as it i guess has a time based feature in the tiny chao garden, i can patch the SRAM but not the RTC. does anyone know anuything thatd help me? plz and thank you.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the actual GBA Sonic Advance cartridge shortly after its release when I was 11 years old, and I spent hours upon hours re-playing the first level of the game in Time Attack mode to collect more rings to use in the Tiny Chao Garden. I was under the impression that something would happen when all of its stats reached level 50, but I was mistaken. Trust me, you're really not missing anything by skipping the TCG, unless you have a severe hankering for playing Rock-Paper-Scissors on your GBA for a few hours at a time.

Reactions: zfreeman

Knightsurfer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This happens on all sega games with the tiny chao garden, the same glitch happens in an emulator if you have the save set to higher than 64kb, I also think the game has a second save file, I lost my sonic pinball cartridge years back so I can't confirm it, but it may be this cartridge infact uses a sort of twin save feature, if anyone finds a fix I would much appreciate it.

Also Dan, this TCG feature is much bigger if you have the gamecube sonic games,
it really expands the whole experience.

Last edited by Knightsurfer,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

This happens on all sega games with the tiny chao garden, the same glitch happens in an emulator if you have the save set to higher than 64kb, I also think the game has a second save file, I lost my sonic pinball cartridge years back so I can't confirm it, but it may be this cartridge infact uses a sort of twin save feature, if anyone finds a fix I would much appreciate it.

Also Dan, this TCG feature is much bigger if you have the gamecube sonic games,
it really expands the whole experience.

Thank you for your Answer and Explanations.:yay:

Please note,the Post from @DanTheManMS was over 5 Years old.
In GBAtemp´s Expert Circles it is called a "Necrobump".
The Team and many Experts here do not like this and it is in most of the Cases not really helpful (because the Posts are too old....).:(

Please be so kind and look on the Date from older Posts to no fall again in the "Necrobump" Pit.:)

Thank you very much for you Understanding and your Help.
Have a very,very,very nice Time here and Fun with maybe "newer" Threads and Posts.:lol:

Thank you. 1111xmas_wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)