Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I bought Sonic Generations for the PC. I have a Lenovo G560 Intel Core i5 computer with Intel HD Integrated Graphics. Now, I installed the game and when I go to the Configuration Tools it tells me "No Compatible Graphics Adapter Found." This is total BS as my Intel HD Graphics can support this game. How do I make it compatible somehow? I'm not going to replace my graphics card because its very hard to do on a laptop.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Okay, so I bought Sonic Generations for the PC. I have a Lenovo G560 Intel Core i5 computer with Intel HD Integrated Graphics. Now, I installed the game and when I go to the Configuration Tools it tells me "No Compatible Graphics Adapter Found." This is total BS as my Intel HD Graphics can support this game. How do I make it compatible somehow? I'm not going to replace my graphics card because its very hard to do on a laptop.
It's not "hard to do" on a laptop, it's impossible. Intel HD smells and it's likely that the game won't run at all, but you can try installing different drivers for it.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
Intel HD Integrated Graphics.
that may be you problem

did you check
http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

and see if you PC can run it

Sonic Generations need a good video card

Minimum System Requirements:
VGA: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 (512MB) / ATI Radeon HD 2900 (512MB)

Recommended System Requirements:
VGA: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (1GB) / ATI Radeon HD 5850 (1GB)

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I did. It says it did NOT reach the minimum requirement.

Are there any modded drivers for Intel HD Graphics that can make games like Sonic Generations work?

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I heard Sonic generations hates Omega dirvers, Get a nvidia taht should fix your problem. IF that doesn't works or you got no money try this steps

A Virtual graphics card would work in your case, but i don't recommend it.

Install Latest Visual c++ and get The latest .netframework running.
Get the lastest Direct X and see if that works.

Get a factory reset if all fails( I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Are there any modded drivers for Intel HD Graphics that can make games like Sonic Generations work?
Intel Integrated Graphics WILL NOT run Sonic Generations at all. I know this, as I have a friend who has tried and failed. I recommend you give up as you won't be playing it any time soon on your laptop.

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

Intel Integrated Graphics WILL NOT run Sonic Generations at all. I know this, as I have a friend who has tried and failed. I recommend you give up as you won't be playing it any time soon on your laptop.
He can use a virtual graphics card and it will work, but I'm not sure about Cheating your Computer to tell you got a card you don't have...

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There must be a difference between Intel Intergrated Graphics and Intel HD Graphics Family. I just got done playing Portal 2 at almost full settings. :blink:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

There must be a difference between Intel Intergrated Graphics and Intel HD Graphics Family. I just got done playing Portal 2 at almost full settings. :blink:
I meant Intel HD.

It depends on the model, I believe he has a 4500MHD which can barely play the first Portal. I would know, I've had a similar laptop as him and almost no games ran well at all. Not only that, but Portal 2 can run on some pretty crappy setups.

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I heard Sonic generations hates Omega dirvers, Get a nvidia taht should fix your problem. IF that doesn't works or you got no money try this steps

How come you dont reccomend a virtual graphics card? Will it screw up anything?

EDIT: Oh, and I did a Google search and found this

http://whiteopal.wordpress.com/2009/01/10/play-latest-games-without-a-graphics-card-virtual-graphics-card/

What about 3D Analyzer?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Generations of Intel HD graphics:

Intel GMA 4500HD < Intel GMA HD < Intel HD 2000 < Intel HD 3000 < Intel HD 4000 (yet to be released - Ivy Bridge).

The 4500HD can run Source games on low. GMA HD can run Borderlands on low without the artifacting and tearing suffered by the 4500HD. HD 2000 can run games on medium, but only comes in desktops. HD 3000 can reportedly run Crysis and Battlefield 2.

Many games are not optimised for Intel graphics, thus will NOT run with them. Some games require patches to run. Some games only require a certain model of Intel graphics minimum. Tell us which one you have (using CPU-Z or GPU-Z or whatever it was called) and we can tell you which category you fall into.

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

http://whiteopal.wor...-graphics-card/

What about 3D Analyzer?
The reason why i don't recommend a Virtual graphics card because it has a chance of bricking your dam computer.( This only happens if you try to play very high demanding games when you don't have enough Mb) Meanings, that if you cheat your computer to say you got a 2Gb bla bla card when you only have 512 mb, you screwed big time...

3d Analyzer can be used but you will need LOADS of ram, + Using ram as a Graphic card will mean POOR performance, and it takes up lots of Processing power which you computer simply does not have, well a quad core yes it will do, but Sonic Generations is not a light game. You will be playing with half baked graphics and lag.

But Hey i'm not stopping you. If you know the limits of your computer then go ahead. It's not that bad as I say it is though,

EDIT: I Checked your computer specs and Realise it's Not that bad for a laptop, and i guess it can run Sonic generations without that much Lag Or anything. But it's up to you.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Intel GMA 4500HD < Intel GMA HD < Intel HD 2000 < Intel HD 3000 < Intel HD 4000 (yet to be released - Ivy Bridge).

The 4500HD can run Source games on low. GMA HD can run Borderlands on low without the artifacting and tearing suffered by the 4500HD. HD 2000 can run games on medium, but only comes in desktops. HD 3000 can reportedly run Crysis and Battlefield 2.

Many games are not optimised for Intel graphics, thus will NOT run with them. Some games require patches to run. Some games only require a certain model of Intel graphics minimum. Tell us which one you have (using CPU-Z or GPU-Z or whatever it was called) and we can tell you which category you fall into.
This man knows exactly what he's talking about, jarejare doesn't.

What about 3D Analyzer?
The reason why i don't recommend a Virtual graphics card because it has a chance of bricking your dam computer.( This only happens if you try to play very high demanding games when you don't have enough Mb) Meanings, that if you cheat your computer to say you got a 2Gb bla bla card when you only have 512 mb, you screwed big time...

3d Analyzer can be used but you will need LOADS of ram, + Using ram as a Graphic card will mean POOR performance, and it takes up lots of Processing power which you computer simply does not have, well a quad core yes it will do, but Sonic Generations is not a light game. You will be playing with half baked graphics and lag.

But Hey i'm not stopping you. If you know the limits of your computer then go ahead. It's not that bad as I say it is though,

EDIT: I Checked your computer specs and Realise it's Not that bad for a laptop, and i guess it can run Sonic generations without that much Lag Or anything. But it's up to you.
You don't because he has a really shitty integrated GPU. Think of his GPU as...a NVIDIA 6600. Sure, it's great for older games like Far Cry and F.E.A.R on low-medium settings, but no amount of tweaking, using a really shitty virtual graphics card software that doesn't work well depending on what you're playing, or custom drivers will ever make a game like Sonic Generation, which requires a Geforce 8800, playable.

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

What about 3D Analyzer?

You don't because he has a really shitty integrated GPU. Think of his GPU as...a NVIDIA 6600. Sure, it's great for older games like Far Cry and F.E.A.R on low-medium settings, but no amount of tweaking, using a really shitty virtual graphics card software that doesn't work well depending on what you're playing, or custom drivers will ever make a game like Sonic Generation, which requires a Geforce 8800, playable.
you're being too harsh... But yeah i agree with you.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Buy a 360 or PS3. It will probably be cheaper and easier to do that than to replace your graphics card :D
In all seriousness though, I've got ATI/AMD intergrated graphics on my PC and I can run MW2 on the highest resolution (1366x768), Skyrim on high settings, and even GTA IV with the settings turned down a bit. Granted I have 8GB of RAM, but still the games look and play great.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

What about 3D Analyzer?

you're being too harsh... But yeah i agree with you.
I don't mean to be, if I came off that way I apologize haha. I'm just being realistic, I've spent such a long time trying to play games I couldn't on a worse off laptop then his and it was a waste of my time.

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@suprgamr232

Yeah your right, this is a waste of time. But still, he wants to play the game. Let him play it, even with shitty graphics and all...

PS: The I don't know what i'm talking about hurts my feelings.... But yeah your right, Sometimes i don't know what i'm talking about. :) Chills

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
@suprgamr232

Yeah your right, this is a waste of time. But still, he wants to play the game. Let him play it, even with shitty graphics and all...

PS: The I don't know what i'm talking about hurts my feelings.... But yeah your right, Sometimes i don't know what i'm talking about. :) Chills
I never know what I'm talking about ;)

On topic, he won't be playing with shitty graphics, he'll be playing at 10fps.

Reactions: 1 person

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Ok, I want to add one more lil fact into this boiling soup-pot. None of the Intel graphics range are "graphics cards". They are ALL integrated, meaning you don't get cards for them. GMA HD was integrated into the first generation of Core i3/5/7 CPUs. HD 2000 and HD 3000 are integrated into the second generation Core i3/5/7 (Sandy Bridge). HD 4000 will be integrated into Ivy Bridge too. This means that they are all integrated graphics, but more specifically, they are integrated graphics CORES. Think of it as the 5th core in the upcoming Asus Transformer Prime, which has quad-core Tegra 3, with a companion core added for the lesser tasks that don't need Unreal 3 style graphics.

And while I'm at it, I'll also add that Intel graphics were never designed for gaming. I will argue and shoot down (figuratively speaking) anybody who claims Intel graphics are "sucky", "shitty", "crappy", etc, because they really are not. They can all run BlueRay media through HDMI without any problems, as they are designed for multimedia (which only jumps in demand with each disc media released) and not rendering/shading/tessellating/etc games (which requires more power with each year). If you wanted to play games on your laptop, you should've got one with a discreet GPU from AMD or nVidia, not gone with the integrated graphics (which are designed for heat/power saving anyway).

FYI, integrated graphics consist of the AMD HD x200 models (4200, 5200, etc) and all Intel graphics. nVidia x10 and x20 graphics (e.g. GT 520) are also not much better than the Intel HD 3000 anyway, so for gaming you want at least AMD HD 64x0 or nVidia GT 540 (or equivolents from previous ranges) to get any decent gaming out of them. AMD's Llano CPUs (A4/6/8) all meet that requirement (still integrated, but at least AMD chose a half-good GPU to integrated into their CPUs, which they call APUs now).

Of course, getting a Xbox 360 or PS3 is also an option for playing games, and one of the reasons nobody gets laptops for games anymore. But I find a keyboard and mouse superior to controllers in most game types (especially FPS and RTS). Plus I don't like paying £35+ for every new game (PC game prices go down quickly, console game prices go down slowly).

EDIT: Also, stop bickering. You're making a potentially quick answer into a long thread. It's all off-topic, and you're making me look smarter than I am.

Reactions: 1 person

ZAFDeltaForce

Specialist
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Friend, this sounds like a hardware limitation and not a software limitation.

I'm sorry, but it looks like you'll have to play this on another computer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either