Homebrew Help with System Transfer

BlazingDiancie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so, my O2DS is beginning to die and I want to System Transfer all of the data off of it onto my sister's O3DS (which she no longer uses) or onto a N2DS XL which I plan to get for xmas. However, my O3DS is running B9S with Luma8 on FW 11.6.0-39E. What will happen if I transfer from a CFW system to a non-cfw system? Will this fuck anything up? I need help here. :(

BlazingDiancie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So, CFW and the homebrew apps will stay on my O2DS? Unfortunately, I dont have any of those DSiware titles to do that, so i was gonna get an R4 Gold for nrtboothax.
Read it properly.

And yes once you restore the NAND backup and SD backup your O2DS will be the same, minus the NNID.

BlazingDiancie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Read it properly.

And yes once you restore the NAND backup and SD backup your O2DS will be the same, minus the NNID.
I have read that before, but can I transfer the data from my O2DS and keep it's custom firmware so it doesnt have a linked NNID and is blank except for CFW?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, CFW and the homebrew apps will stay on my O2DS? Unfortunately, I dont have any of those DSiware titles to do that, so i was gonna get an R4 Gold for nrtboothax.
No, your non purchased titles and homebrew simply won't show up on the target console until you CFW it and reinstall their tickets (tickets can be backed up on the source console beforehand)

BlazingDiancie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, your non purchased titles and homebrew simply won't show up on the target console until you CFW it and reinstall their tickets (tickets can be backed up on the source console beforehand)
I have no way to put CFW on the O3DS. I am keeping CFW on the O2DS to use things like JKSV and TWLSaveTool and using the O3DS to play games.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have no way to put CFW on the O3DS. I am keeping CFW on the O2DS to use things like JKSV and TWLSaveTool and using the O3DS to play games.
You do have a way. Buy a DSiWare game (can be almost any DSiWare game) and install dsiwarehax before the transfer.
The full list of supported games is here: https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware-game-injection-list).html
The cheapest games go all the way down to $2/€2 (not sure what the equivalent price in UK eShop would be)

BlazingDiancie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't...