Hacking Help With SoftMod 4.1E Wii

Thirdeyechai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

So I got my hands on a secondhand Wii that appears to be partly softmodded.

The Wii is on v4.1E and has priiloader v0.3b (r48m) installed but there is no homebrew channel installed nor an SD card with the system. Now I'm reading guides on softmodding and the recommendation is to update to v4.3 and run Letterbomb exploit however anytime I try and update the system I get an error 32004 or 32007.

I've tried installing the homebrew channel with the bannerbomb exploit but it freezes on the scam screen and I can't get any further. Priiloader itself seems useless without an SD card.

Honestly I'm not all that knowledgeable about hacking the wii but it seems like this one may be partly bricked.

Any advice?

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sound quite serious.
Is it just me... or Wii Scene is dead? Why no one helps?
But anyways... I don't have that much experience either.

What may seem to be your problem is a Soft Brick
Are you able to go the the Wii System Menu?
If so... check out for any channels installed on it.

If that Wii had Homebrew Channel Installed on it, it should appear a "sav" in your Wii. I don't know the exact path in Wii's English version.
But it should be:
Wii ->System Settings ... or something along those lines.

Anyway, If happens to have a "Homebrew Channel sav" installed in it, delete it. Since it may be corrupted, thus preventing you to install it all over again.
Then try formating your console to factory settings... it should be possible, unless "they" touched the NAND.

In case you can't format it... then there's nothing else you can do.

Hmmm... now I remember that some games could be used to Install Homebrew Channel tgrough diverse exploits.
I.E.:
IndianaPWNS
SmashHax (or SmashStack?)
Zelda TwilightHax

If you have any of those games, you could install Homebrew Channel in the Old-School way. Or even Acces to it.

In case that you could access to it, using any game as an entrypoint, then use some Homebrew Apps to fix your wii.
Good luck!

Edit: take a look at this which explains it all https://gbatemp.net/threads/bannerb...bannerbomb-b2-enabled-with-priiloader.446889/

Quoting: "Bannerbomb does not work on 4.3"

Last edited by Gizametalman,

Thirdeyechai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sound quite serious.
Is it just me... or Wii Scene is dead? Why no one helps?
But anyways... I don't have that much experience either.

What may seem to be your problem is a Soft Brick
Are you able to go the the Wii System Menu?
If so... check out for any channels installed on it.

If that Wii had Homebrew Channel Installed on it, it should appear a "sav" in your Wii. I don't know the exact path in Wii's English version.
But it should be:
Wii ->System Settings ... or something along those lines.

Anyway, If happens to have a "Homebrew Channel sav" installed in it, delete it. Since it may be corrupted, thus preventing you to install it all over again.
Then try formating your console to factory settings... it should be possible, unless "they" touched the NAND.

In case you can't format it... then there's nothing else you can do.

Hmmm... now I remember that some games could be used to Install Homebrew Channel tgrough diverse exploits.
I.E.:
IndianaPWNS
SmashHax (or SmashStack?)
Zelda TwilightHax

If you have any of those games, you could install Homebrew Channel in the Old-School way. Or even Acces to it.

In case that you could access to it, using any game as an entrypoint, then use some Homebrew Apps to fix your wii.
Good luck!

Edit: take a look at this which explains it all https://gbatemp.net/threads/bannerb...bannerbomb-b2-enabled-with-priiloader.446889/

Quoting: "Bannerbomb does not work on 4.3"

Hey thanks for your reply! I guess it's been a few years since the Wii community was active but it's a great little console especially if you can get some emulators on it to play older games!

I can get to the system menu and I had a look in the Data Management and Channels section but there was no sign of any Homebrew "sav". I guess the console is soft bricked then as I don't know what else to try with it.

The only other thing I was thinking of is if I could restore a NAND backup of a different console using priiloader. Wouod that even work? Or are the NAND backup specific to each console?

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't think that you could restore your nand with other's nand.
Try doing any of the Game's Entrypoints. I remember, waaaaay back in 2008 that they were used to access to the Homebrew Channel using Data-Buffering xploits.
BY THE WAY; If there's any chance that you can access Homebrew (using rudimentary ways) use this app: https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

This app should give you a .txt file with all your Wii's characteristics.
Then post it here and maybe we could see what's the problem.

Remeber: Zelda Twilight, Smash Brawl and LEGO Indiana Jones were used to access to the Homebrew Channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: